Time Travel Sitcom

TimeWaster

Hi all,

So I made a sitcom episode all about time travel called 'Time Wasters'. It's over on Youtube and I'd love to know what you think. All critiques welcomed.

You can watch it here.

Cheers.

Orpheus Rex

Honest Critique:
I've worked on sitcoms before. Please don't take this harshly. I mean only to provide constructive criticism. I'm not expecting professional grade work. I've seen other amateur sitcoms and this one is what I'd call above average.

- Length consideration: Consider keeping episodes at no more than 25 minutes and in a maximum of two parts rather than 3. This may be a pilot episode which means the length this episode is at is
- While funny, it could be funnier. I'm sure the humor will improve quite a bit as you continue to build off the characters.
- Introduce more characters and make more characters major. (Something else I'm sure you'll do.)
- The humour needs to broaden. Your dialoguing is actually not bad, but I'd recommend making it more poignant. Additionally, this show could benefit from not just referencing other works of science fiction, but making actual jokes in regards to the content of other science fiction works. The main jokes are currently oversexual without much substance behind it. To me, it came off as merely crude at times. Crude is fine, but I want the crude to have me keep laughing and keep me hooked on the show. If I compare with Archer, which is has incredible sexual humour, but is far more masterful in the witty application of the humour.
- The camera work is a bit jumpy and could use a lot more improvement.
- The sound effects are not well mixed.
-The use of animated effects would greatly benefit this project.

-That being said, your show did make me laugh and I'd be willing to watch another episode. I would recommend your show to only a handful of people I know, I would like to be able to justify recommending it to more people.