1. Dismiss Notice

Time Travel theory

Discussion in 'Time Travel Discussion' started by Savio, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Savio

Savio New Member

Hi guys, I'm new to this site but I have two time-travel theories I'm wondering if they can be true.

1. Time travel is impossible.
    I think time travel is impossible because there would not be enough space in the multiverse to hold it, I think this because time travelling back in time would result in creating infinite loops of creating a new 'universe'. This is because time travel to any certain time past/future would be time travelling to a time where you must have/will exist meaning you in the future/past would have to have done the same to get to where you are now. Thus meaning those events would have to already happen and will happen at the same time. Please reply if you understand what I am trying to say.

2.If Time travel was possible, going to the past and changing things would not affect the future.
    Why I think this is because what already happened in the past can not be changed, it would be impossible for anyone to change anything in the past. For example, if you went back to change your grandparent's death, you would not be able to as what you try to do to change the past would lead to what originally happen and you always would have been the cause for their death.

TimeFlipper likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. TimeFlipper

TimeFlipper Senior Member Premium

Your theories are respected as much as every members are on Paranormalis, and iam certain you will have responses to them....Welcome aboard :)..

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017

4. Classicalfan626

Classicalfan626 Moderator/Visionary Premium

@Savio - Welcome to this site! :)

Answering your comments about time travel, I'm inclined to disagree, to be honest. For one thing, I think there is no limit to how much space a multiverse can fit, and that opens the door to endless possibilities. Also, many of us believe in multiple timelines, which means that with every change made in the past, a new timeline is created, one that can be distinguished from the original from the point the change was made.

Cloning was once regarded as impossible, but look what happened around 1997. Flying motorized vehicles (AKA airplanes) were once regarded as impossible, but the Wright Brothers proved that wrong in 1903. And the list goes on and on.

Back to time travel, there is the possibility that Nazi Germany won World War II in another timeline. After all, the Nazis had a whole bunch of superior technology. And we are living in a timeline in which that's not the case. It's very possible there was a time travel mission to prevent the Nazis from winning the war, leading to the timeline we're living in right now.

There have been so many wrongs done in the past, that they can't all possibly have been deserved to happen. And there are so many theories and writings related to time travel that negate your claims, that while we here are obligated to respect other members and their beliefs and opinions, I'm afraid to say I don't think your theories hold much water.