Time Travel theory

Savio

Hi guys, I'm new to this site but I have two time-travel theories I'm wondering if they can be true.

1. Time travel is impossible.
I think time travel is impossible because there would not be enough space in the multiverse to hold it, I think this because time travelling back in time would result in creating infinite loops of creating a new 'universe'. This is because time travel to any certain time past/future would be time travelling to a time where you must have/will exist meaning you in the future/past would have to have done the same to get to where you are now. Thus meaning those events would have to already happen and will happen at the same time. Please reply if you understand what I am trying to say.

2.If Time travel was possible, going to the past and changing things would not affect the future.
Why I think this is because what already happened in the past can not be changed, it would be impossible for anyone to change anything in the past. For example, if you went back to change your grandparent's death, you would not be able to as what you try to do to change the past would lead to what originally happen and you always would have been the cause for their death.

TimeFlipper

Your theories are respected as much as every members are on Paranormalis, and iam certain you will have responses to them....Welcome aboard :)..

Last edited:

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Savio - Welcome to this site! :)

Answering your comments about time travel, I'm inclined to disagree, to be honest. For one thing, I think there is no limit to how much space a multiverse can fit, and that opens the door to endless possibilities. Also, many of us believe in multiple timelines, which means that with every change made in the past, a new timeline is created, one that can be distinguished from the original from the point the change was made.

Cloning was once regarded as impossible, but look what happened around 1997. Flying motorized vehicles (AKA airplanes) were once regarded as impossible, but the Wright Brothers proved that wrong in 1903. And the list goes on and on.

Back to time travel, there is the possibility that Nazi Germany won World War II in another timeline. After all, the Nazis had a whole bunch of superior technology. And we are living in a timeline in which that's not the case. It's very possible there was a time travel mission to prevent the Nazis from winning the war, leading to the timeline we're living in right now.

There have been so many wrongs done in the past, that they can't all possibly have been deserved to happen. And there are so many theories and writings related to time travel that negate your claims, that while we here are obligated to respect other members and their beliefs and opinions, I'm afraid to say I don't think your theories hold much water.

USAF Ace

@Classicalfan626 Glad to see this site is filled with random stories and jargon. I want real theories and math to support!

Now as far as your argument about time travel, Savio, I would say that going back can affect the future. But not the future you came from. Now we can't keep people from dying of natural causes, but we can choose to save another from being hit by a bus. The act of which could set off a whole string of new circumstances that weren't supposed to occur, but have because of you.

Remember the butterfly effect. Only two options exist when you affect a past reality: 1. You change your future, or 2. You create a new one.

Last edited:

JimmyD

@Classicalfan626 Glad to see this site is filled with random stories and jargon. I want real theories and math to support!

Now as far as your argument about time travel, Savio, I would say that going back can affect the future. But not the future you came from. Now we can't keep people from dying of natural causes, but we can choose to save another from being hit by a bus. The act of which could set off a whole string of new circumstances that weren't supposed to occur, but have because of you.

Remember the butterfly effect. Only two options exist when you affect a past reality: 1. You change your future, or 2. You create a new one.

It's always more complicated....

What is the value of life? Is that new string of circumstances worth the life saved?

Say you are a traveler, and you take a woman from the present to the past, then have children who reproduce for many generations thus producing many grandchildren who have a wide scope effect on the time line and everyone... Okay, now what are you and your wife's lives worth?

What if you don't want to go back? Too bad, right, because now you are locked into it. If you don't, everything gets screwed up, right?

USAF Ace

It's always more complicated....

What is the value of life? Is that new string of circumstances worth the life saved?

Say you are a traveler, and you take a woman from the present to the past, then have children who reproduce for many generations thus producing many grandchildren who have a wide scope effect on the time line and everyone... Okay, now what are you and your wife's lives worth?

What if you don't want to go back? Too bad, right, because now you are locked into it. If you don't, everything gets screwed up, right?

I would say the couple is always worth more, regardless of When the children are born. In this instance you decided to go back. The couple had their children, sure, but there's nothing from keeping them from returning to their original time. Not their original Time Line. In this new string, they get to watch their offspring grow into generations of success and failures until they come to their home When. By then, a few generations would have passed down the story of how great grandma and grandpa embarked on a journey into the future, so if you see them...tell them "our lives were grand".

Time as we know it isn't a straight line in two predetermined directions. It's as flexable and transparent as hot glass.

JimmyD

I would say the couple is always worth more, regardless of When the children are born. In this instance you decided to go back. The couple had their children, sure, but there's nothing from keeping them from returning to their original time. Not their original Time Line. In this new string, they get to watch their offspring grow into generations of success and failures until they come to their home When. By then, a few generations would have passed down the story of how great grandma and grandpa embarked on a journey into the future, so if you see them...tell them "our lives were grand".

Time as we know it isn't a straight line in two predetermined directions. It's as flexable and transparent as hot glass.

Lemme put this another way (and presuming we are correct in how it works); Go back and effect things, then when it is time to go back, don't. Now what happens? Things change.

That change in events would be worth something. If it was something unique to you, your life would be worth whatever those events are, in addition to your worth as a human being.

Harte

A person is not responsible for every consequence of their life.

Besides, the very act of going back in time would create the new timeline, not the act of changing things once you're there. This is because, from the perspective of your own (former) timeline, you weren't in that timeline in that era you now occupy.

Harte