Time travel tv series idea

Would you watch this tv show?

• Yes but it needs some changes (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No not interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alias Elysum

Originally I had an idea of having several organizations:
1) Changes the past for the better
2) Prevents changes to the past
and
3) Tries to restore the past to it's original form

Sadly I couldn't come up with a good idea for a pilot.

My new idea is this:

A group of time travellers led by a Caucasian male named Nick travel back to 1990 to prevent 9/11 and to make sure that the Soviet Union disintegrates into democratic nations with mixed economies rather than market ones (i.e do what the Poles did to transition from communist to capitalist).

The pilot would start with an intro which would talk about the peace and prosperity that seemed to be ensured by the collapse of the Soviet Union and the end of the Cold War but that it didn't last. It would then show planes crashing into the world trade centre, the wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria. It would also show Russia's aggression in Ukraine and Georgia.

After the intro the main character Nick is seen on a train heading to Langley Virginia. He goes to the CIA building goes up to the secretary and says "Please deliver this envelope to director Webster as soon as possible. Thanks Cathy" The secretary is shocked on how the stranger knew her name but she delivers the envelope nonetheless.

Inside is a DVD disk, some documents and a letter written by Webster in the future to his past self.

What do you think so far? Would you watch it if it became a tv show?
What suggestions do you have?

CDS

You have to understand telling (or reading) a story is much different than seeing one. On top of having a good screen play, it has to be directed and well acted.

Alias Elysum

You have to understand telling (or reading) a story is much different than seeing one. On top of having a good screen play, it has to be directed and well acted.

I understand, I'm just coming up with ideas at the moment. I will only hire actors if I feel my story is fully developed.

TnWatchdog

I would watch it. I remember on either The New Twilight Zone or The New Outerlimits shows they had a time traveler who would go back and try to change history but in some cases the outcome would be even worse. You could really come up with alot of twists to the story and it would be very interesting to watch. Good luck with it.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'd be excited to discover the possible plot twists and alternate timelines that are going to pop up during the show. Quite a bit of possibilities.