Debate Time Travelers in fiction - any validity to them?

Troy Lowe

I just joined this site, mainly because I had a hand in creating a new adventure character who is a time traveler, but also because time travel has always fascinated me. Not so much for whether it's a reality or not, or how it would work, but the human element...what would a regular person do if they were handed the secrets of time travel? Would they relive their life, prevent their younger self from making bad decisions, use time travel to become financially independent, kill Hitler or (name evil monster from the past here), be scared s***less of the idea and do nothing with it, or use the space/time continuum as their own personal amusement park? Would you be a hero, observer, or villain?

BCTTJ1-00a_zps0eeae701.png

Ren

Looks interesting, Troy. I love comics and hope to find this on the archive some day in the far future.

vodkafan

Hi Troy welcome. I have recently been concerned with the same interesting concepts myself. I think it all boils down to whether or not a time traveller into the past actually does have the facility to change things, (causality violation) or if certain fundamental natural laws will not permit it....but if it is possible then a well -meaning zealous person could arguably do much more damage than a criminal who just wanted to bury himself , take on a new identity and profit ....then of course there will be time tourists.
I would almost certainly turn to crime, I would never have to hurt anybody but the past would be my playground..why not have some fun?

vodkafan

By the way, love the Time Travelling Janitor character. If you can't stick it to The Man in your own time, why not go back to before he was born and make his childhood a misery :D