TimeTravel Laws

jacksegg

That would be hard considering that time is just a figment of our reality that we made up to fill in the gap in our minds but, if you want my opinion then the law's should be.1. you shouldn't change anything that will go noticed through the timeline like eating someone's food but, you can blow out a candle in a windy environment or room that has an opening to the outside.2. You can't warn people about their own or others deaths that are in their lifeline but feel free to tell King Egbert about william shakespeare's amazing plays and writings. And I hope this helped because I'm out of ideas.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Help me create laws for time travel if anyone does create a time machine the refer to these laws

The Doctor, I would like to paint a picture for you to think about.

Let's go back to the year 1850. That's about 60 years before the invention of an airplane yes we had balloons that would rise up into the sky with heat generated which filled the balloon itself so it wouldst float upward. That's not what I'm talking about, I am talking about jet airplanes and aircraft with propellers and rotors. In 1850, there was no airplanes as we know it today, let alone traveling from one continent to another within 24 hours or less.

Okay let's sit down and think about all of the obstacles and all of the conditions that are needed to set up the laws we have today regarding airflight of modern airplanes. The laws we have probably would fit in a book that none of us could carry because it would be so heavy and large. And don't forget that the year is 1850.

With all of the unknowns about air travel and airplanes where would you start if you've never seen an airplane? That would be quite a feat if you could pull it off with invisible never seen objects better known as the modern airplane. Please explain if you can how you would create the laws and conditions for time travel and time travel machines, before you've actually seen one in operation as compared to modern aircraft back in the year 1850?

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Some personal advice, I think you need to rethink your post. I am a Aerospace Engineer with over 40 years of experience and I have worked with everything from the space shuttle to the most sophisticated modern military aircraft fresh off the drawing boards of the major aircraft manufacturers. If the year was 1850, I would have no clue about the subject called modern aircraft in the year 2016.

Tron1

Oh God I have no idea, I do have an idea of the rule's. Not of this jibberish. Off topic.

not_a_DJ

Think about this. A timelapse from the past needs something from the future. A timelapse from the future needs something from the past. If I want to warn myself from doing something, in that universe, I will send a message with something I liked by that time, example, a videogame picture, because of my videgame anxiety in the past.
Then I have to repeat undefined times something, like a mantra, something like 'presto' (depending own your own faith) to get the shift. To make the message teleported from this universe (future) to that universe (past). in other words, past-myself.

This is a theory, not verifyed yet.
But I can share with you a small veridic story.
A friend of mine was struggling with her sister. They were playing. He had an object (dont remember what it was)on his closed fist and she was trying to take it back from him. Suddenly, he opened his fist, and the object wasn't there, but in the other hand. Both of them got surprised after that. Nobody could explain what happend, but Im afraid I will do. While playing, they got too anxious, very excited to see who's gonna win. I think he was thinking where to hide (desperately)that object in the other hand but she wasn't allowing to do so to do so, I guess she caught his arm very hard or something. So in a few words he teleported, mentally, accidentally the object where he (his mind) really wanted to, and Bingo!! The magic happened. I believe he still wonder how to repeat again the trick. The two brothers witnessed it all clearly. Is not fake.

And look, Im going to tell you a personal experience. A few time ago, I was very very desperate to backward time. So, I imagined things, fastly imagined when I wanted to 'turn back' and all day I was like "Now! Open! C'mon! Now!" Just ordering to the universe with force to get the change or the travel "made". So I had dinner. Went to sleep, and started to dream. On that dream I was watching myself at the age of 11, in a very lucid way; I was playing in a park and I remember clearly what I did on that day, because its true. But, I got nervous, I would dissapear from 'this' future of that current past, and my parents were very worryied about me, a lost guy gone to a past timeline... So.. i woke up and continued , sadly with my present.

What ya think?

Last edited: