Treeees!!!

Harte

Re: Treeees!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"WaKKO15169\")</div>
A meteor of Ice and metal fell to earth and although we know now sarted the Ice age it wasn't because of a giant cloud. It was from the ice on the meteor melting and the insesent rain that followed (for all you bible buddys this is noahs supposed flood)

Well after this point reptilian life started to die off and mammels and other warm blooded creatures started to move up the food chain. Several evolutionary changes occured and most importantly ....It got real cold because of the currents changing flow due to the rapidly melting ice.

The earth went through a large terraforming process and now we have our current climate...[/b]

WaKKO,
What meteor are you talking about here? The one that is thought to have finished off the dinosaurs? If so, that could not possibly be Noah's flood.

Also, I've never heard this about the meteor that caused the die-off at the K-T Boundary. I've never heard of any meteor carring anything more than minute quantities of water. Maybe you meant a comet. Also, there have been many many ice ages on Earth, and the last one is still in the process of ending. Got any links?

?
There is an island off the coast of Hawaii and Tahiti which is slowly but surly flooding and diappearing into the ocean. While Its amusing that people would live on this island even though 65% of its original mass is under water but there they were on CNN complaining that rich people in europe need to pay someone to fix there problem. [/b]

I hadn't heard this either, but it sounds about right to me, at least the reaction of the natives does. I'd like to point out that there's quite a bit of ocean between Hawaii and Tahiti.

Chgange is inevitable. Who knows maybe these fine human beings will one day evolve into fishies and Harte over there will be able to provide his friend with that wonderful cross species proof he has been asking for.

But I think they will Adapt, anouther form of evolution.

In english
\"Those mother ****ers will either move or die.\" [/b]

That's pretty funny WaKKO, they will move or die, but I already have all the cross species evidence I need in the documented evolution of whales. You should google the whale evolution topic sometime. It is amazing the way they've nailed that one down.

BTW, on your island, if humans are the dominant species, the would merely go extict. Assuming that there would be some kind of habitat left behind (and it sounds very much like there will not) then another animal would spread into the vacated niche and evolve into something that could fully exploit this new habitat. That is how evolution works, first you have the opening up of new (or formerly used) ecological niches , then new forms move into the vacated habitat.

Harte

Dmitri

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Maggot7\")</div>
Whats this have to do wit trees[/b]
The tree of life (of the common ancestry) is a shaky hypothesis of Darwinists. They are pushing it as if it was a fact, by connecting branches at the bottom, which are meant to represent intermediate forms descending from the common primitive ancestor. The problem is all these intermediates are product of trained imagination of a biased mood only. These hypothetical forms are not presented in paleontological records, apart from the faked Archaeopteryx, supporting the faked theory. Indeed many trees may be reality, but trees with very closely related branches and independent roots, sort of species level treeees!!!

Dmitri

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Dmitri\")</div>
The tree of life (of the common ancestry) is a shaky hypothesis of Darwinists. They are pushing it as if it was a fact, by connecting branches at the bottom, which are meant to represent intermediate forms descending from the common primitive ancestor. The problem is all these intermediates are product of trained imagination of a biased mood only. These hypothetical forms are not presented in paleontological records, apart from the faked Archaeopteryx, supporting the faked theory. Indeed many trees may be reality, but trees with very closely related branches and independent roots, sort of species level treeees!!!

Dmitri[/b]

I have tried to understand why you guys think that evolution is some kind of conspiracy but I just can't. So I ask honestly and without any hostility, why on Earth do you believe this?

fanavans

I won't speak for anyone else, but I don't think it is a conspiracy, I just think it is irrelevent dribble.

Survivers = those who survive.

What is a theory which lacks predictive behaviour?

Fanavans

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"fanavans\")</div>
I won't speak for anyone else, but I don't think it is a conspiracy, I just think it is irrelevent dribble.

Survivers = those who survive.

What is a theory which lacks predictive behaviour?

Fanavans[/b]

And what then is the motivation of so many scientists who accept irrelevent dribble as a valid scientific theory?

thenumbersix

Why does it have to be one or the other, surely the most logical route is to accept the merits of each theory and come to a conclusion based on what is infront of us whilst considering all options available ?

Darwin definitely had a point and the other ideas are based on sound theories. Even a theory of a higher being or collection of beings, God, or whatever, creating the Earth and, maybe even, us humans can not be disproved, so has to be kept as a possible scenario until we know the true answer.

To argue till we're blue in the face for one or the other gains nothing as, most likely, the real truth will be somewhere inbetween, is this not common in many discoveries ? Why is there always a fence with the majority one side or another ? (On a side note, why doesn't the grass look greener on the other side in these cases ?)

I, personally, don't think that some greater being is going to come down and give us all the answers at some undetermined point in the future, sounds like a mechanism for accepting the fact that, certainly in our lifetime, we will not know all of the answers. Which is fine if it allows people to get on with their lives and not have to worry about where we came from, where we're going and what exactly where suposed to be doing here. Each to their own I say, without this method of putting it aside we'd probably go mad and be constantly at war, well more than we are now, maybe....

fanavans

I know not there motive, but there are many possibilities.

I have to agree with thenumbersix. For my part, I think that the truth is somewhere in the middle. We evolve, but only though choice, not through chance. 'We' includes all things, from rocks to trees to animals...

Fanavans

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"fanavans\")</div>
I know not there motive, but there are many possibilities.
[/b]

Perhaps there is no motive. Maybe they simply believe that evolution is a good theory based on available evidence and sound scientific procedure. Then again it could be the reptilian overlords.

fanavans

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
Perhaps there is no motive. Maybe they simply believe that evolution is a good theory based on available evidence and sound scientific procedure. Then again it could be the reptilian overlords.[/b]

Maybe!