TV Shows becoming boring

Justinian

Am I the only one that thinks these ghost hunting shows on tv and the interweb are just the same thing with different faces, and becoming boring to watch? I did see one where they get mean with the ghosts, which albeit a bad idea, is hilarious to watch. The guy got choked out at one point by an invisible force. LOL. But all in all, I'm bored with these shows. I don't even like to watch them anymore. THey all hit the same buildings, talk to the same employees that were interviewed 10 years ago on a different show, and tell the same stories they told 10 years ago. It's not like we have a small supply of haunted places or anything.

Caveat: There is a show with a detective and a psychic that do just random people and that one I did watch a while back and was different and fairly interesting. Just the main people IMO aren't really cut out to be interesting enough to keep a show going long enough for me.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I stopped watching ghost shows a few years ago.

Other shows that I stopped:

Homeland
Mr. Robot
People of Earth (really stupid)

HDRKID

I will say, the tall white alien in the TV series "People of Earth" looks a lot like a real one. However, they are way off with the gray. Reptilian moves like an average HUMAN guy. Abductees act more 2D than a cardboard cut out or super zero in a comic. Plot holes are big enough to fit in an aircraft carrier.

Yesterday, I had weird poltergeist events in my house occur. Stuff falling over... temporal anomalies... eerie noises. Oh yes, I am using my HDR again. That device attracts the paranormal like a magnet - pun.

Truth is mystical, and it was made to be that way. If the truth was easy... it would not be truth, but an excuse. People, occam's razor is wrong. Wake up!

giphy.gif

SarahAlways

Am I the only one that thinks these ghost hunting shows on tv and the interweb are just the same thing with different faces, and becoming boring to watch? I did see one where they get mean with the ghosts, which albeit a bad idea, is hilarious to watch. The guy got choked out at one point by an invisible force. LOL. But all in all, I'm bored with these shows. I don't even like to watch them anymore. THey all hit the same buildings, talk to the same employees that were interviewed 10 years ago on a different show, and tell the same stories they told 10 years ago. It's not like we have a small supply of haunted places or anything.

Caveat: There is a show with a detective and a psychic that do just random people and that one I did watch a while back and was different and fairly interesting. Just the main people IMO aren't really cut out to be interesting enough to keep a show going long enough for me.
Are you talking about Dead Files? I think there is a retired cop or detective and a psychic. I don't have cable but I saw a couple episodes in a hotel once and I thought the psychic actually seemed legit.

Justinian

I stopped watching ghost shows a few years ago.

Other shows that I stopped:

Homeland
Mr. Robot
People of Earth (really stupid)
I think I followed suit with you on all of these, although I've never seen People of Earth and hadn't planned on it.

Justinian

Are you talking about Dead Files? I think there is a retired cop or detective and a psychic. I don't have cable but I saw a couple episodes in a hotel once and I thought the psychic actually seemed legit.
Yup. Looked it up. THat's the show. I think they both are good at their jobs, just not really good at being tv show stars.