UFO Sightings During Eclipse

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Post the eclipse UFO sightings here!

This is a good one. My problem with it being an airplane is that it doesn't exit the last cloud. It just disappears.

That's a link to the article. If you want to go directly to the video on X, use this link:

Wind7

Staff
I never understood why an eclipse is important to people. A circle goes in front of another circle, ~OOOOOh.

@AnthonyGiarrusso Try this on for size.

In addition to inspiring artists and musicians, eclipses have driven numerous scientific discoveries. For over a century, solar eclipses helped scientists decipher the Sun's structure and explosive events , find evidence for the theory of general relativity, and discover a new element, among other things.

There's literally loads of information to answer your query if you dig around. (y)

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
My favorite thing about a solar eclipse is the pendulum experiments. The oscillation period of a pendulum is very constant. There is even math behind it to show how to calculate that period. And remember also there are pendulum clocks that rely on the constant oscillation period to track time accurately. Then along came an experimenter that noticed the oscillation period of a pendulum changed during a solar eclipse. It's a fact. But you won't hear too much talk about it from the academic community. Seems that little fact rocks their boat. I think even the crickets shut up when it happens.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
My favorite thing about a solar eclipse is the pendulum experiments. The oscillation period of a pendulum is very constant. There is even math behind it to show how to calculate that period. And remember also there are pendulum clocks that rely on the constant oscillation period to track time accurately. Then along came an experimenter that noticed the oscillation period of a pendulum changed during a solar eclipse. It's a fact. But you won't hear too much talk about it from the academic community. Seems that little fact rocks their boat. I think even the crickets shut up when it happens.

You are inspiring me to find mine. I don't really know what to do with it, though.