Unnoticeable alternate reality

HDRKID

Sometimes, I feel that I am in an alternate universe. For example, look at the news this morning. At first, I thought I was on the onion. Ah no, I was actually reading from the Washington post, a very prestigious newspaper.

President Obama picks the first Muslim nominee to be a federal judge

obama_muslim.jpg

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
...the Washington post, a very prestigious newspaper...
Prestigious according to whom? (rhetorical question)

Anyway, I don't find that newspaper to be reliable at all, with all its taking things out of context and twisting the truth. They aren't right 100% of the time, but I take their word for it in this case.

Why did Obama pick a Muslim nominee for a federal judge? Because he's a Muslim himself.

paradox404

I frequently feel as if I am in alternate realities.

I remember when I was younger, I really wanted to meet Michel J Fox. I knew that he had parkingsons (I've probably misspelled it) disease. I remember my mother broke the news that he had died several years earlier. (It was either of cancer or the disease itself.) I know for a fact that happened as I had looked it up and he had indeed died.

However that’s not the case here is it?

The other case, was one time I was standing outside "K-Mart" back in either 2013 or 2014, and I experienced an altervu, a really strong one that made me act as if I was in pain as see everything with a purple haze. Anyway, I noticed that the interior of the store changed while I was having my altervu. The style changed from the classic, more or less naughties style to the style they use now. I'm fairly certain I changed world lines when that happened and I wouldn't be surprised if I did during all the other altervus I used to have.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Here's one for you. Remember how we all agreed to call the phenomena of altered realities the altervu phenomena. Because there was no name for it back then. But now it is called the Mandela effect. Yet for some reason there was no Mandela effect back when we coined the term Altervu.

TimeFlipper

Here's one for you. Remember how we all agreed to call the phenomena of altered realities the altervu phenomena. Because there was no name for it back then. But now it is called the Mandela effect. Yet for some reason there was no Mandela effect back when we coined the term Altervu.
No i dont remember :eek:...I must have been in a Mandela Alternative Reality Situation, MARS for short :LOL:

paradox404

Theres also another, less known, name for the phenomena. The bernstiens effect. Its funny because in this timeline the book was the bernstains and everyone says it was bernstiens but I always remember it being the other way around...