US civil war

Darkwolf

US civil war

First off, it's not possible in this day and age. I can only say that the only way there could be such civil unrest would be a financial break down unlike anyone has seen.

Welcome Dissednt. Its nice to see another new face who doesn't make things plural with a Z.

History is filled with wars that "coulden't happen" Financial crisis proceeds many if not most of them, and if it doesn't it is sure to happen during. I think if this is going to go off, it is going to happen this way.

The election is botched. Both sides are shown to have massivly cheated, and no clear winner is established.

This causes massive protests, as well as a major collapse in the financial markets. One of the bomb throwing protesters well, does.

The government in a panic responds with the full weight of the patriot act using the tactics of the clinton administration BATF.

Various militia and resistor groups, seeing all that they have predicted begin arming, training, and possibly engaging in offensive operations.
The supreme court in a panic rules things constitutional that clearly are not.

The government steps up operations against these groups, in one of their operations citizens and other militia groups gather from the local area and hit the federal forces involved in the standoff in the back. The feds lose and the militia holds the feild.

The government has no choice at this point but to use full military force, (air strikes, artilery ect)

The militias begin hitting the infrastructure that supports cities.

The military realizes that hunting the countryside for the growing rebel movement overextends them and they pull back to protect the urban areas and the structure that supports them, ceding controll of most of the urban lands to the rebels.

The angry rural population stops food shipments, the government takes over farms.

and so on.

Unfortunatly I see this scenario as all too possible.

Phil

CaryP

US civil war

Darkwolf/Phil,

Thanks for your post. The possibilities of a financial collapse grow by the day. The admitted federal budget deficit and the trade deficit will top $1 Trillion this year. A botched election will cause some serious down drafts in the financial markets. The debt berg that the U.S. has accumulated over the last 20+ yrs. is unprecedented in the history of the planet. Foreign investors are starting to pull money out of the U.S. Financial firms (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, brokerage firms, mortgage firms, etc.) are seeing some major weakness in the stock market over the last several weeks. Throw in a derivatives market collapse (way possible) and you have the needed ingredients for a financial nightmare. Financial collapses and depressions or severe recessions have always preceded war. History is full of these examples. All I'm trying to say is that a financial collapse is a very real possibility/probability. It probably won't happen in a short period of time, because most countries have a vested interest in keeping the game going. My guess is that we'll see a slow motion crash over the next two years in the financial markets and the banking system. But, as a precaution it could happen very quickly if the herding impulse takes over in the financial markets. This has happened numerous times throughout history. It starts slow at first, and suddenly accelerates to the downside in a panic. A lot of people who've leveraged up with debt (mortgage, car loans, and credit cards) will be thrown out in the streets with next to nothing. Not a good scenario for a peaceful populace.

The Chinese have the most to gain and the least to lose in an American and developed countries' financial collapse. They have the ability to create this just by dumping their dollar reserves and the Treasury debt they hold - it's pushing a trillion dollars between dollar reserves and Treasury debt they hold. Yeah, they'd suffer some, but putting us on our knees financially would be an easy way to gain the upper hand militarily without firing a shot. Having the U.S. in an Argentine style meltdown, coupled with civil unrest would be just their game. I'm not saying the Chinese govt. would do this now, but they have the capacity to do so. Okay, enough of the China rant.

I don't know about what the military would or would not do. I'm not advocating insurrection. But the scenario you outline would not be pretty. If Rex 84 kicks in with a "red" terror level, FEMA takes over state and local govts. with the military enforcing it, and state and local police get folded up into the program. Big problems with that for citizens and LEO's.

The whole thing gives me the willies. Let's hope beyond hope that we wake up next Wednesday with a clear winner in the presidential race that won't be decided in the courts. Things get real dicey if we don't.

Cary

dissdnt

US civil war

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Oct 30 2004, 02:56 PM
First off, it's not possible in this day and age. I can only say that the only way there could be such civil unrest would be a financial break down unlike anyone has seen.

Welcome Dissednt. Its nice to see another new face who doesn't make things plural with a Z.

History is filled with wars that "coulden't happen" Financial crisis proceeds many if not most of them, and if it doesn't it is sure to happen during. I think if this is going to go off, it is going to happen this way.

The election is botched. Both sides are shown to have massivly cheated, and no clear winner is established.

This causes massive protests, as well as a major collapse in the financial markets. One of the bomb throwing protesters well, does.

The government in a panic responds with the full weight of the patriot act using the tactics of the clinton administration BATF.

Various militia and resistor groups, seeing all that they have predicted begin arming, training, and possibly engaging in offensive operations.
The supreme court in a panic rules things constitutional that clearly are not.

The government steps up operations against these groups, in one of their operations citizens and other militia groups gather from the local area and hit the federal forces involved in the standoff in the back. The feds lose and the militia holds the feild.

The government has no choice at this point but to use full military force, (air strikes, artilery ect)

The militias begin hitting the infrastructure that supports cities.

The military realizes that hunting the countryside for the growing rebel movement overextends them and they pull back to protect the urban areas and the structure that supports them, ceding controll of most of the urban lands to the rebels.

The angry rural population stops food shipments, the government takes over farms.

and so on.

Unfortunatly I see this scenario as all too possible.

Phil

Yeah that scenario is possible. I have a feeling our gov has went through a ###### load of scenarios and actions. Also probably why FEMA has such broad powers. I've read on newsgroups, although who knows if it's true, of massive amounts of prison transport cars for trains being created on a massive scale. Also the creation of FEMA camps all over the country.

The power elite are corrupt, but i truley believe that people in the gov and military are truely patriotic and not going to stand for actions that dont seem warrented.

I've heard a few of Alex Jones's radio shows where he's had a guy on who seems to be in the "know". People at the DOD and Pentagon know whats going on, according to this guy over 70% of them are on board with a possible coue.

In fact, this guy claims 9/11 was in part to surpress a coue by getting the population behind the current regime.

Who knows, all this junk makes my brain hurt hehe..

Timmy G

US civil war

Didn't JT say something about the US having multiple Presidents in the future... however, he didn't say how we progressed from 1 into several, does he? :dry:

........ just a thought

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY :D

August

US civil war

Darkwolf,

Your scenario is well thought out; I am deeply disturbed.

Timmy,

According to the Titor saga, multiple presidents--5 to be exact--govern the 5 geopolitical regions established in the US after a Nuclear strike.

BrandonwasWrong

US civil war

The whole thing gives me the willies. Let's hope beyond hope that we wake up next Wednesday with a clear winner in the presidential race that won't be decided in the courts. Things get real dicey if we don't.

I'm with you. The Willy Factor is pretty high with this upcoming election. Courts will make things messy overall. I hope I did that quote correctly...

Hi everyone, been lurking for a little while and decided that everyone here is smart and open minded (good combo).

Recently I got some conservative literature concerning the movements to reestablish the draft. It had info concerning who was introducing it into congress etc. (all democrats) If this election doesn't throw us over JT's edge perhaps the draft would? I know both candidates state that they won't open the draft. However, FDR told the mothers of America that he would never send their sons into a foreign war. (Basically saying he wouldn't open the draft) When he opened the draft shortly after he stated that WWII was not a foreign war. (Probably because we had been attacked first.) There has probably been at least one other topic concerning the draft and I'm sorry for re addressing it, if I am. It seems that it could be linked to JT's US civil though.

dissdnt

US civil war

Originally posted by BrandonwasWrong@Oct 31 2004, 04:56 PM

I'm with you. The Willy Factor is pretty high with this upcoming election. Courts will make things messy overall. I hope I did that quote correctly...

Hi everyone, been lurking for a little while and decided that everyone here is smart and open minded (good combo).

Recently I got some conservative literature concerning the movements to reestablish the draft. It had info concerning who was introducing it into congress etc. (all democrats) If this election doesn't throw us over JT's edge perhaps the draft would? I know both candidates state that they won't open the draft. However, FDR told the mothers of America that he would never send their sons into a foreign war. (Basically saying he wouldn't open the draft) When he opened the draft shortly after he stated that WWII was not a foreign war. (Probably because we had been attacked first.) There has probably been at least one other topic concerning the draft and I'm sorry for re addressing it, if I am. It seems that it could be linked to JT's US civil though.

Yeah i've heard that 1 democrate purposed from bill to congress. I saw him on Hannity and Colms. But thats not where the internet rumour started it's just where main stream media picked it up.

Here's a link with an explaintion of why people thing the Bush admin are going to have a draft.

http://www.bushdraft.com/proof.html

CaryP

US civil war

Welcome to the plantation BrandonwasWrong. Good to see you posting, look forward to more. Maybe you and dssdnt could do us the honor of introducing yourselves on the Inroduce Yourself thread created by our illustrious Paul J. Lyon.

Cary

Darkwolf

US civil war

The power elite are corrupt, but i truley believe that people in the gov and military are truely patriotic and not going to stand for actions that dont seem warrented.

I forgot to mention the military splitting. The national guard especially is made up of local units. In other words, there are rural, urban and suburban guard units. I would expect to see them divide the same way the population did. Could that be why the clinton admin. ordered all ammunition for NG heavy weapons to be rounded up and placed in central storage areas (in urban areas of course) to "protect them from being stolen by terrorists"?