US election passing peacefully?

Bambi

[/quote]

I was listening to America left as long as my stomach let me this afternoon, and they were talking about how the election was stolen, and with that story out of Franklin county Ohio, they might be right. The inagu is going to be ugly moreso if more stories of electoral fraud come out. I kind of think we're right on course, just the election ugliness is going to take awhile to come out. Now lets see if Kerry retracts his concession.
Phil
[/quote]

Let's be honest here voter fraud exists you could take any state or county and look at it and find fraud! It's pretty much a no brainer in that aspect! It wouldn't surprise me at all if they found voter fraud in OHio!! But knowing it exists the question is who would be frauding it? I think it's more our neighbors frauding it then our government! I mean let's be real here Bush didn't go to Ohio and full the ballot box himself with votes for himself! And voter fraud has been around way longer then Bush has been!! I mean really let's use a little common sense here! It would make no sense to me to blame on president of fraud when many many presidents got elected from fraud! People even believe that JFK got elected on voter fraud!!

Darkwolf

I'm not personally accusing him, however if it came out, many would. That precinct got several times more votes for Bush than there were voters. If that is widespread enough to call the results for the state into question, I'd call it a stolen election. Now, I also think there was ballot stuffing going on on the other side. If so, who the heck won?

Bambi

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Nov 5 2004, 10:43 PM
I'm not personally accusing him, however if it came out, many would. That precinct got several times more votes for Bush than there were voters. If that is widespread enough to call the results for the state into question, I'd call it a stolen election. Now, I also think there was ballot stuffing going on on the other side. If so, who the heck won?

Exactly you would never know who really won! I am not accusing him either! I know fraud exists and has most likely from the begining of our government!!

The thing that truly amazes me though is that after the 00 election you would think we would have a more realiable voting system put in place with all our technology these days!! I mean really ?? What are doing here?? Geesh!! I guess we get what we deserve in that aspect for us citzens not demanding a better voting system!! With all the money we spend on useless projects in our government you think this would be a number one thing to spend the money on! I mean after all it is the very thing that makes our government exist! Our votes are what rule this great nation! Let's not forget that!!

But to blame one man for it is well let's just say it isn't a very educated thing to say!! No offense to anyone! But it isn't! IMHO

Cornelia

How ingenuous you are, Bambi! ;)
The President in my country was elected with a strong help of mafia in the South. Mafia menaced people to vote for him. Of course, he didn't go personally to menace anyone.
Would you say he is a mafia man? YES HE IS!

Whatever the men of a President do, he's fully responsible.

Unintentional

Is a high school sit-in protesting the elections results, peaceful or not?
http://www.bouldernews.com/bdc/schools/art...3309723,00.html
Boulder High Senior Stephen Lobanov-Rostovsky, 17, had been working on a half-hour's sleep when he went live on Air America Radio, he said. MSNBC and CNN were among the other national media that had taken interest in the all-night protest of about 85 students he and other students organized.
\"We're doing this so we can prove we have a voice in society, and our voice is strong,\" Stephen said. \"Our concerns are not partisan ? Republican, Democrat, Green ? we just want young people to be politically valued.\"
James Vacca, the Boulder High teacher who had been an adviser to the protesting students, sat in the adjoining office, assuring someone from Fox News Radio that the students were not puppets of his or anyone else's left-wing agenda.

dissdnt

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Nov 8 2004, 12:48 AM
Dissident, how much enhancement does THIS moore footage have?

Hahaha, yes it's one sided drivel, but god bless America hehe.

Came across this tonight, interesting read.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/BAK411A.html

Talks about this election, peak oil, and other stuff.

Also I was inspired over this weekend and registered a domain and threw up some quick content, im not sure what i wanna do yet, but at least something is up and it's relevant.. feed back would be awesome, maybe even some contributors?

http://www.newsramblings.com

laters.

Darkwolf

Dissident, I've about half of a public relations degree, so please allow me to give a few pointers. I'm not ripping on you, but if we're going to get anything done we need to be taken seriously. I understand you are hugnly angry, but its important not to sound like you are screaming and ranting. Sound professional, you have a good start there. Please take this as constructive criticism. .

#1 NEVER use the F word. People who otherwise might have thought about what you had to say will be offended. Subconsiously this puts them into a fighting mood, and if they don't already agree with you it makes them feel hostile tward you.

#2 Don't state things as facts unless you know it is a fact, and can offer enough proof to make it generally accepted as one. Stating as fact that the election was stolen is going to turn off anyone who already doesn't agree with you.

#3 Don't just state the negative. Have a realistic plan to do something about it, and lay it out rationally.

Phil

dissdnt

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Nov 8 2004, 02:25 AM
Dissident, I've about half of a public relations degree, so please allow me to give a few pointers. I'm not ripping on you, but if we're going to get anything done we need to be taken seriously. I understand you are hugnly angry, but its important not to sound like you are screaming and ranting. Sound professional, you have a good start there. Please take this as constructive criticism. .

#1 NEVER use the F word. People who otherwise might have thought about what you had to say will be offended. Subconsiously this puts them into a fighting mood, and if they don't already agree with you it makes them feel hostile tward you.

#2 Don't state things as facts unless you know it is a fact, and can offer enough proof to make it generally accepted as one. Stating as fact that the election was stolen is going to turn off anyone who already doesn't agree with you.

#3 Don't just state the negative. Have a realistic plan to do something about it, and lay it out rationally.

Phil

Hehe thanks. Yeah i know, as i said i threw the entire thing together in a few hours at 4am so it's not professional at all. But im not really looking to be professional with it, although maybe the look of it lends itself to be more professional..

Anyway thanks, i know exactly what your saying.