Visions of a possible future

Chaoss

I am not some time traveller or profit, nor am I sure if the following predictions will come to pass, however the few predictions I had made in the past have come to pass, many of these will probably not affect you in this lifetime. Here is a rough timeline of predictions, many of which are tech based I have made and a vision of the distant future at the bottom of this post.

1997 - I predicted that in the year 2015 there would be a slow rise in virtual reality after a long time of it being essentially 'dead'. In 2015 I had an Oculus Rift development kit and was slowly becoming a fact instead of just fiction.

2009 - I predicted that by the year 2019 game development/game engines would be far more accessible to the general public with procedural material systems and mesh/model development would happen all within the engine. 'scripting' would be node based. This appears to be coming to pass as I type this, look at any of the major game engines today and you can see this for yourself coming to pass.

2013 - I predicted that virtual reality will eventually become mainstream 'within a decade' (I guess that means by 2023 or earlier). It will not be called virtual reality and will slowly become as popular as smart phones are today. This technology works similar to how smartphones work and can overlay information onto the real world.

2014 - I predicted that 'at some point in the nearish future' all computing devices will be using a universal operating system programmed from the ground up (so not based on Unix or Windows), this is in response to both cyber attacks and to move past several major roadblocks in progressing both Windows and Linux to interface with new technologies (as a techy my best guess is due to x86 bottlenecks and grandfathered code).

2014 - From here on out I begin to practice meditation and trying to hone my.. er.. "visions" if you can call them that, unfortunately they become more visual and less 'data' so I cannot give specific dates, but I do get a sense of roughly when these take place.

I'm going to preface by some of what you're about to read may not make sense as some of what I saw was beyond what I currently understand. I see a vision of the far future (200 - 400 years into the future). The first thing I see is a post apocalyptic vision, the cities of today appear to be in total ruin and mostly flattened rubble. Nothing is overgrown and everything appears to be completely dead. From the feeling I got the ground and air was deadly and toxic.

The next vision I see is outside of one of these cities, this time I see groups of mini biospheres (I'd say they are no bigger than 20m in diameter), inside appears to be dense foliage, I see no doors or other ways in or out. The land outside appears lush and unspoilt and I do see some people walking around outside, as they are walking around a sort of 'floor' appears under them. Although I see people I don't see anyone communicating or talking with each other but I get a feeling that they are communicating on another level, there is occasional eye contact.

In the third vision of this time period the only technology I see is these otherwise invisible floors appearing and disappearing as people walk over it and the biodomes. I cannot see any other buildings and these biodomes and sparsly populated people can be seen as far as the eye can see. I got a closer look at one of the mini biodomes and saw several people floating in the air naked and only what can be described as a cross between dancing and moving around as if having a slow seizure, I should add that everyone I saw including those in the dome looked to be in peak physical health with a healthy tan and everyone appeared to be around the age of 30ish, no one looked old and I saw no children.

I'd love to hear your opinions and feedback onn this

Chaoss

One word: WTF :cautious:
My words exactly :V however it is what I saw. I'm sure if someone wrote about today 150 years ago people would have the same "WTF" reaction.
Did you see any houses? Or house-like structures? I'm just having a WTF reaction on the part about the slow dance seizure thing. Boy do I not want to know about that! (in case it mught be something gross)

I didn't see any houses, only these biodome structures. Everything felt very 'clean' and the general vibe was very content. Here is a VERY rough Photoshopped by me representation of the environment I saw...

MtWAgQP.png

There were more people (I'd say there'd be about 50 people visible in a scene similar to that), each Biosphere had a small path running along the inner edge with a + going through the vegitation seperating it into quadrants, the floating people were positioned so there was one in each quadrant facing outward.

The people walking around appeared to be walking on an invisible floor (however it was partially visible under them) about 5 meters off the ground. Everyone was wearing white tight fitting clothes and had shaved hair, the people inside the biospheres looked identical (but not clones!) to the people walking around outside. I couldn't see any gadgets or other technology attached, no one was wearing glasses or anything other than these white clothes, the clothes also seemed to have no seems and were not seperate articles.

The ruins of the cities I saw (I saw multiple cities) from what I could tell looked similar to the cities of today, I didn't however see any ruins of cars, then again it was mostly all just rubble and looked more like a cross between an abandoned scrap yard and Horishema after it got bombed only there was more rubble and still some standing walls and facades of buildings. These cities appeared to be protected by very tall surrounding walls that looked newly built.

Last edited:

Miscellaneous

So assuming we nuked ourselves in let's say WW3 then those must be the rubbles of the nuked cities and that nothing lived on it hence the built walls and the toxic environment. It takes years for life on a nuked place to go back right?

I would also like to know more of your predictions if you ever decide to take a peek into the future again. You're not the first person here that predicts or says a similar thing about a more benevolent future for humankind and I do think that humankind will correct itself when another world war happens because we're hard-headed that way so I think a benevolent future for us will happen after WW3.

Chaoss

So assuming we nuked ourselves in let's say WW3 then those must be the rubbles of the nuked cities and that nothing lived on it hence the built walls and the toxic environment. It takes years for life on a nuked place to go back right?

I would also like to know more of your predictions if you ever decide to take a peek into the future again. You're not the first person here that predicts or says a similar thing about a more benevolent future for humankind and I do think that humankind will correct itself when another world war happens because we're hard-headed that way so I think a benevolent future for us will happen after WW3.

I do see the near to medium future the divide between the rich and the poor becomes great, what we call the middle class disappears and homelessness becomes an absolutely huge problem, if you think we have problems today then 'today' by comparison would seem like a golden age. Due to it becoming such a big problem the homeless are demonised by the media and various laws are bought in to push out the homeless including rewards for reporting them causing many homeless to turn on each other for said rewards, it's a really sad mess.

Miscellaneous

I do see the near to medium future the divide between the rich and the poor becomes great, what we call the middle class disappears and homelessness becomes an absolutely huge problem, if you think we have problems today then 'today' by comparison would seem like a golden age. Due to it becoming such a big problem the homeless are demonised by the media and various laws are bought in to push out the homeless including rewards for reporting them causing many homeless to turn on each other for said rewards, it's a really sad mess.
In every country in the world? Or a select few? Cuz I'm guessing US. Shit always happens in the US and the fact that most average Americans can't get a proper health care and the average American longetivity keeps dropping lower and lower.

Last edited:

Tron1

You would not be able to see the future if ww3 happened you would be dead for 99.5 of us. even if a civil war happened about 80% would only live. It's a popularity thing. You can only have so many people living on earth.

Miscellaneous

You would not be able to see the future if ww3 happened you would be dead for 99.5 of us. even if a civil war happened about 80% would only live. It's a popularity thing. You can only have so many people living on earth.
I hear you can also see the future through Akashic Records. Also what? Doesn't mean your dead in the sometime future doesnt mean you can't take a peek into the future. Like I don't understand your logic then again I can't properly find words to describe what I'm trying to say either in case I don't make sense.