Want to start a business from home. help me out..

Minita

Hey! all I am looking to start a business from home as i have no funds to raise for a big business. The idea it to start from small. The drawback is i have no thorough knowledge about business just whatever but i think starting small can help me to learn. I want to start PR co. which will help clients to built an image in the market and society and will promote it's products and services. I know what i want to do but still somethings are unsolved.
You all can share something you know. Should i make it Sole proprietor or LLC co.?
Should i hire an assistant?Do i need to issue shares before starting? as i am starting from home i think i don't need to.

trekie4ever

For what you want to do I would start the grunt work as a sole proprietor but before I get my first client I would get my LLC. In most states you don't have to register you DBA (do business as) for a sole proprietorship so you can choose a name. You should probably get an assistant, a friend well versed in aspects of PR you are not. Like if you are great with technology and websites then your partner should be good with people and the social side.