Was Mormonism Established on False Claims & Counterfeit Principles ?

Taoist

Hello' to all:

What are your thoughts or insights on this challenging issue?

Thank you.

Taoist

Krish

All religions after Jesus was a made up process...they thought, if a guy came in and did that, they can do the same and stay famous as long as civilization exists....

As to Jesus, It was a God's project that slowly people messed it up...later...(too many distractions etc)...hence other religions...after him...

So, make up your mind...

JasperMoon

Hello' to all:

What are your thoughts or insights on this challenging issue?

Thank you.

Taoist

I live only twenty minutes away from the Hill Cumorrah where the tablets were supposedly found. I read the book of Mormon as well. I find nothing in it other than a history of a peoples living here supposedly before and during Christ's time here on the Earth. If it is bogus, then it was a damn good one. I think Joseph Smith's followers diluted and changed much of what he purported in his philosophy and visitation. I wouldn't call it a cult, either. I know many Mormons who show none of the symptoms cult victims do. They are ordinary people leading ordinary lives many of them. If he was visited, I think we should try to prove it valid rather than diss on it continually. After all, there were plenty of visitations in the Bible, too. We just have to believe ourselves what he believe in and know to be the truth. If someone is trying to persuade you to hate and diss this religion that is uniquely America's I suggest that you visit a few Mormons first, read their book (no it won't corrupt you or turn you into a cult member), and what they stand for and then make the call yourself.

bluejay_1919

I was raised Mormon. I can assure you they are not a cult. Just another religion. There are the extremists, that have branched off the LDS church, and still believe in marrying many women and young girls, but I assure you again, that the true LDS church wants nothing to do with these people.

While I don't consider myself a Mormon any longer, it has nothing to do with the people. Most are kind and very helpful. My issues remain within Christian beliefs not just with Mormonism, but all Christian religions. Therefore I belong to none.

The LDS church does have some odd quirks about their practices, but nothing cultish. I've seen just as strange or stranger in other religions.

I'm sure Joseph Smith was visited by a higher being....for what reason, I have no idea....but I'm sure he wasn't the only man visited by these angels. I have to agree with JasperMoon, if you're curious, do a bit more studying into it.

I think to say, this ONE religion is flawed and formed on false claims is a bit of a stretch....couldn't we say that about all religions?? This maybe one reason why I don't belong to any. But i won't say it's just one religion. I think all have good bits and all have flawed and false bits.

Krish

I was raised Mormon. I can assure you they are not a cult. Just another religion.

That is what Utahn say...that means, they are not exactly Christians...same way, Muslims are not exactly Jews or Christians are not exactly Jews too...Is that correct?

Mormon is not a cult due to the size of membership and basically part of the Christian subgroups...

I'm sure Joseph Smith was visited by a higher being....for what reason, I have no idea....but I'm sure he wasn't the only man visited by these angels.

It is very likely. Based on what happens in Heaven...Angels can come if needed...depending on what you are supposed to be doing based on your plan before you are born as human...So, I agree with that...but the opposite could also be true like Hitler...

I lived in Utah...could not have a Mormon friend...only non-Mormon. They basically harassed my kids. That tells you, something is very wrong with a global picture where one group do their thing ignoring God's plan.....so, the future does not grow in this process...we just have to wait and see where it goes...

bluejay_1919

Krish, I grew up in Idaho where everyone was either Mormon or Catholic. Not agreeing with a religion when your a child and teen makes it pretty difficult. Now I live in Texas and Mormons are few and far between. However, even though I don't "belong" to the church anymore, one of my good friends is a Mormon. I find the Mormons here in the bible belt to be very kind.

Krish

What I don't understand is how people figure Mormons are not Christians?

That is because, they study Book of Mormon....which Christians believe is a fake book since Jesus (you know, the Son of God) did not agree to that....

If that is not a problem, then Christians would be Jews as they also follow the first Book...

You can not have many books for the next 1000 years separate than Bible and exclusively use it and call your selves Christian. That is how Religion works...

Come to think of two items in Utah where I had made Mormon friends. One of them is my spiritual friend (we have much more friends in the other side...the Heaven, you may say) , but he did not know that in human terms. The other Mormon guy was also my friend and he passed away and now we are working both sides of the veil....as per God's wish.

Last edited:

JasperMoon

What I don't understand is how people figure Mormons are not Christians?

Come to the Hill Cumorrah Pageant and watch the Calvary Chapel people at work before the performances. And listen to what they have to say in their sermons about the Mormon church and you will get a pretty good idea how.

bluejay_1919

Come to the Hill Cumorrah Pageant and watch the Calvary Chapel people at work before the performances. And listen to what they have to say in their sermons about the Mormon church and you will get a pretty good idea how.
My dad was raised in upstate New York. I've been there a few times, including a trip the big city. But nothing compares to how beautiful the countryside is. I don't remember much but I did visit the forest where Joseph Smith found his golden plates, but I think the trip to Niagara Falls overshadowed that memory, hahaha.

I stay away from churches and their sermons and pageants. I can't stand to hear much negativity about how others choose to believe, who's right and who's wrong, who's going to heaven and who goes to hell. No, thank you!

I wonder if the forest has that mystical feel to it though. Like I said, I can't remember much. But sometimes when places are visited and have had some kind of significant happening there, it can leave that "mystical, eerie feeling" [emoji3]