Was there ever really such a thing as magic?

trekie4ever

I fully believe in magic but do my best o remain a skeptic. When friends and j experience/see something we write it down and exchange to see how close our descriptions are.

I also I have a few long distance friends that don't have any contact with one another and when I ask them questions they all "get" the same thing.

Night Templar

I think there was, actual ability by some people, call them wizards, magicians, witches, whatever, to bend the laws of God and man to their will and to make things take place that had no business doing so. "Black Books" were what all sought. Given to and used by King Solomon. The originals have ncver been discovered, if they existed at all.

label

In a time past there was people with great power. They could do things that remains unexplainable if you are looking for a purely scientific perspective.

I personally have a healthy interest in science but I am deeply spiritual in nature. I believe in God, devils demons and monsters. I believe in the dogma and once you open your eyes to it you start to see a different picture.

A time long before modern scripture there was a group of beings that was of God but corrupt and they took it upon themselves to corrupt a much "younger" human race.

Their offspring was of darkness and their souls that of hate. They became as demigods wheeling teachings of the heaven using it to imbue horror upon this world.

The rest of the writings are on the walls literally, they decapitated men made them snake men or other monsters. But the true God was not blind to this and took up His wrath and banished this evil and its creators.

The truth is that the pit of torment was never meant for humanity but do to this utter corruption we became a part of it and fall under the same laws.

The part you are interested in is the "magic" the demigods had followers and those followers was showed the way and became powerful due to these teachings.

Brining the dead back, turning water into blood, or invoking the hand of death was virtually a normality. It is also the reason why historically most kings knew or employed such women/men.

Today we see many wannabe attempts that is nothing more than tricks and or dealings with the damned. that doesn't make them less impressive however.

So was magic real? Yes, trough lost teachings that was historically recorded to a degree. Was it taken away? I don't know. But from the looks of things yes or a "maybe" is the most truthful answer.

Miniature

Re: Was there ever really such a thing as magic?

Even Criss Angel doesn't know what magic is. His pretty convincing though, but he's no wizard, he only has veeery good tricks.

I think that Arthur C Clarke was right about the statement he made. What would you consider as magic in 2009 ?

He's an illusionist and he knows damn well.

Miniature

I do. That is why I can't stand illusionists. I know how they operate. They pretend to pull illusions. They aren't illusions. They are demonic magic. My ex-boyfriend who liked to do card tricks but never showed me how, had a father who was an Egyptologist.

One of my friends pointed him out to me one day and said, "Can you believe he's just 16? His dad just died. He plays really good guitar." I didn't think much of it. Two years later he and his friend were all up in my face? He was always a pervert. His friend was nice and mild-mannered. His friend asked me out and I said "I don't know". He was obsessed with a chubby chick that made more money than me and looked exactly the opposite of me.

Doesn't matter. The boyfriend with the Egyptologist dad knew exactly what he was doing. It just so happened that his anesthesiologist uncle happened to pump my ass so full of morphine when I was "pregnant" a couple of years prior.