Watch the TV Series: "Life After People"

Samstwitch

I've been watching the TV Series "Life After People" that's streaming now on Netflix. It's scary and depressing, but there are things to learn from it. (Video above: Episode 1, Season 1)

Each episode begins showing what would happen after 1 day with no people, then 2 days, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, 2 months, 1 year, 2 years, 5 years, 30 years, and so on...until up to 10,000 years or 10 million years with variations in each episode. The information is scary and fascinating!

Each episode focuses on different cities around the U.S. and the world. We learn what the weaknesses are in each city, what elements of mankind, nature, the environment, or predators will lead to the demise of the cities. I am shocked and amazed at what I'm learning from this series!

Each episode also includes comparisons with real cities that have been abandoned for 30 or more years to show what would really happen if abandoned by humans.

When the scenarios get to about 30 years, I always think of John Titor. He said people in his time - 2036 - avoided the big cities. Watching this series, I have a much better understanding of why.

This is also a great show for Preppers to watch. Try focusing on the first 1-5 years of Life After People. After that it gets pretty dismal.

If I wasn't a Believer and follower of Jesus Christ, this program would be even more disturbing to me. But I do believe, and I know God has a good plan for His children as foretold in the Bible.

Video below: Episode 2, Season 1...More episodes can be found on YouTube.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I remember watching this series on the Internet a few years ago I think. I agree it was kind of depressing to watch things turn into ruins and all. I was surprised at how fast our civilization would vanish if humans suddenly disappeared all around the world.

BlastTyrant

Ya i believe this use to be on Discovery channel i think, i watched a few episodes and it was really fasinating. Prepping will only get you so far after that your gonna need to learn to hunt and how to properly dress a animal and fourage for eatable plants. If you can't fend for your self and make your own supplys and weapons you'll never live past a few months after your storage is done.

Peregrini

Yes, this is an excellent series. It is from the History channel and IMHO was done with a high degree of accuracy. I watched it about 2 years ago when it came out on the History channel. I DVR'd it since I rarely get to watch TV and watched it as I could. The best part for me was when people , who believe mankind is a blight on the Earth, would cite this movie to me saying "See man is stopping the planet from being what it should be" and I could say, "Yes, and isn't it wonderful that no matter WHAT WE DO to the planet, it will erase every trace of our being here". They then stutter and try to say the series is not truly accurate. As a scientist at heart, if no longer by vocation, I KNOW our time here is less than a second on a cosmic scale and nothing we can do will affect the planet anywhere near what it has already gone thru and will yet experience since one day it WILL be destroyed by the Sun. As much as some wish to believe that man can destroy the Earth, we are but ants and anything we do is negligible. I'll step off my soapbox now, sorry. Good show though.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
That makes you feel small doesn't it? A human being's life is a very, very short time compared to the Earth's history.