What are ghosts?

Martelis

It is my belief that ghosts are NEVER the spirits of those who once lived. They are something else. They are what they have always been. Inter dimensional, angels, demons, beings, etc. I am a Sensitive. Meaning I am hyper sensitive to kinetic energies that I can interpret as burn in events, ghosts, emotions, intentions, etc. I've been doing this my entire life and have had many experiences to lead me to this conclusion. What I have found about these beings is that they use fear or anger to generate physical presence in this plain. They also can appear in any form they choose. Usually tapping into us to determine what form to take. A beloved relative, a scary monster, etc. In other words, if you see a relative who has passed, it isn't your relative. In this case, is the being bad? I can't be sure. But, at the very least, it is manipulative. In my experience, only benevolent beings can generate the force to do something physical. Ironically tapping into our fears and anger to accomplish this. Through experience, I have learned that through our will alone, they become powerless.

I welcome any thoughts, additions, or rebuttals to this.

Wee

I believe any theory is possible until proven otherwise. It's hard to determine what ghosts/spiritual beings truly are and what their purpose is because we do not have the technology to confirm or debunk theories. The furthest human kind has come (from a scientific point of view) are capturing entities in EVPs, pictures, and video. In my personal belief, some human spirits remain on earth because they are not ready to cross over. I believe some are scared to face judgment, some may have unfinished business, and others may have had a traumatic experience and do not know they are dead. Other entities are not of human form, such as angels, demonic spirits, etc. Some are deceiving and we do not know who we are communicating with on the "other side"...but we do know it is possible to make contact.

I also believe it depends on a persons state of mind. People who suffer with depression, are going through a rough patch in life, etc., often attract negative energy. My parents are prime example of this as I've experienced the demonic, but I have also experienced the light as well.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Everyone has their beliefs. It could be possible, that some ghosts out there, never did live as a person, that they were just created to be that, demons, angels, etc. Though I do believe that there are ghosts that are the spirits of those who have lived.

Martelis

I have thrown that idea around a bit Khaos but can't make sense of it. I have seen love ones. At the core I know it isn't them. Whether benevolent are not, I believe this to be an intentional facade.

Flipflop02

I agree with everyone...I also think they can be any number of things....A person that lived, a demon, maybe some kind of left over energy or vibration that manifests itself to a certain location(like their home etc. )...
I was reading some info on Near Death experiences and the after life and one theory presented that made sense to me was that some souls do not want to enter the light upon death either because they do not know they have died or because they are experiencing some sort of "addiction" for lack of better description, to the physical Earth plane. Couple of ex presented in material were, an alcohol would stay around people who were practicing the same behavior because they could actually somehow experience enjoyment by lingering here around these people, A drug user, or even someone that was murdered would want to linger until they felt some sort of "closure" before passing through the light to the other realm.