What do you think will happen in the future?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Re: What do you think will happen in the future?

Ha, remember the killer bees that were supposed to be coming from South America? That was fun.

Whitelight

It's always some hype about some new thing, haha. I remember that killer bee thing.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

A galactic tsunami !
That was a good one !

Whitelight

What's a galactic tsunami?!

This is horrible, but I just picture a watery tornado shooting planets and stars at me. Maybe a UFO or two.

jurgen36

Numenorean7 said:
Oh, I'm creative: I predict that nothing special will happen in the next years !

I have a nasty feeling that you could be very wrong indeed. The worldwide political situation does not look to good and another major war will most probably start in the near future. The American elections also seem to be a major yoke and designed for people to have some fun. One of the two main candidates will most likely be disqualified due to a few small things, like forged birth certificates etc. That is if the law case which just has been started goes ahead before he has enough power to stop it. The other candidate also seems to be highly undesirable, at least according to other POW's which were interned with him. I actually feel sorry for the US people, in most countries the people have the opinion that they will get what they deserve. I can not feel that way at all. I do believe that most US people are quite honorable but completely lack in political judgment. Nobody does deserve a government as they have now and probably in the future.
Regards and good luck.

Whitelight

I predict...

We will advance in our technology and will be able to search the bottoms of all the oceans. And if we are ever able to do that, I bet there are some aquatic dinosaurs still alive down there, somewhere :)

jurgen36

WhiteLight said:
I predict...

We will advance in our technology and will be able to search the bottoms of all the oceans. And if we are ever able to do that, I bet there are some aquatic dinosaurs still alive down there, somewhere :)

Yes that is quite possible. However I prefer that we explore space and start thinking of building generation ships to spread humanity out so that we have not all eggs in one basket in case of a man made or natural disaster. Or try to break the light barrier, this seems to be possible if you follow the latest quantum research.

Regards

Whitelight

Creating society in space would be way too complex. We'd have to have a whole system with police and jobs and everything we have here on earth.

I don't see anything like that for at least 200 years

jurgen36

WhiteLight said:
Creating society in space would be way too complex. We'd have to have a whole system with police and jobs and everything we have here on earth.

I don't see anything like that for at least 200 years

Why should we have police??? We certainly do not need military at all, the first thing to do would be to hang all the judges and lawyers. This people I consider the most useless parts of humanity. The best would be in a sort of extended family way. On relative small generation ship handles one extended family, they meet with other ships from time to time to exchange personnel and to mix the genes up a bit. It would be quite workable. Everybody would have his work in maintenance of the ship etc. But police would not be needed at all. If somebody endangers the ship he will be dealt with by his family members and send to the recyclers.
Regards

Whitelight

You have a Anarchists view.

Because we have people who don't follow the rules. We have people that get off on hurting us. Without the police, we'd be victim to an anarchist world.

Couldn't killers take their own ships to other ships and be all 'Hey whats up' and they let him/ her in and they just slaughter the family and move on and know one would know?

Or suicide ships, where the family wants to die so they just ram another ship?

Nothers ever just rosey.