What Evidence Would You Need for a Time Travel Claim?

HDRKID

Evidence you say... Never the less, most evidence could be created in a simple computer program. CGI is so powerful now. I do wonder what people in the future will say on us. Maybe we are not that important, but it seems to me like the fall of rome. From what I have seen. Tomorrow's people do not like us. Perhaps because we are remembered like we are. Well, this could be due to a coming crisis.

mariya94

How do you judge a claim from a someone claiming to be a time traveler?

Is it the accuracy of his predictions? Considering his predictions are for the future, it will be some time before you can reliably judge using only his predictions as a benchmark.

Is there some other way you know a time traveler is a hoaxer? Are all claimants of time travel hoaxers?
I would try to see if the time traveler's facts contradict one another. That way, I can see the consistency of his story.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
How do you judge a claim from a someone claiming to be a time traveler?

Is it the accuracy of his predictions? Considering his predictions are for the future, it will be some time before you can reliably judge using only his predictions as a benchmark.

Is there some other way you know a time traveler is a hoaxer? Are all claimants of time travel hoaxers?

Excellent question, TR. (Yes, I realize this post is from 3 years ago but I know you're still lurking). Giving me a demonstration of the time travel device would work for me. I wouldn't have to participate, but watching the person disappear into the time continuum would probably convince me. There's really no way to judge a person on the internet at 100% accuracy. There are too many unknowns.

What I've seen with most hoaxers is that they skip the science and also begin to fall apart when too many questions are thrown at them. Titor answered all the questions as far as I could tell.

The ultimate proof is showing us in person.

Genius

King Ivan
I think all someone would need to prove he/she is a time traveler, is to bring people, things and photos of the past and/or future.

HDRKID

Bringing objects from the future would probably be considered evidence as they do not exist now.

clockwork-orange-by-r-tom-sizemore-iii.jpg