What If It Happens To You?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
What if you accidentally walk into a grid point that activates itself, and end up in the distant past, or distant future?

Have you ever though of what you would do if such a thing happened to you? How would you react? Would you be excited, or scared?

Can you possibly prepare for such a thing as accidental physical time travel? Are you prepared, somehow?

TimeFlipper

I dont think an accidental physical time-travel would ever happen ...My belief is that if i was transported through time suddenly, there would be a major reason why and i would think that my presence there would be to correct a time anomaly that occurred in the past or the future :)

This is not to say that i wouldnt be as scared as hell, and i would only hope that i would be transported back to my own time period in a toilet with lots of toilet paper available :D....OMG this is a Deja Vu moment :eek::D

Tron1

I would be waiting to go back until it opens again and end up back here I would have another story to tell you. lol no one would believe it even if they listened.

Tron1

Grid points you can make I have made them. very easy idea. but I wouldn't try it you won't know where you end up.

TnWatchdog

Since I was a kid I made it a point never to step on a crack in the sidewalk or street. To this day I have followed this...avoiding a 'step on a crack and brake your back' situation.
This may have saved me from stepping on a grid point, which prohibited the activation of a one way trip to Neverland.

emanuela

yes, I thought to be teleported in Middle Age, and I would have fear because they would have fear of me, thinking I'm a witch, different clothes, a telephone (if it comes with me) and that's not nice hahah

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
What if you accidentally walk into a grid point that activates itself, and end up in the distant past, or distant future?

Have you ever though of what you would do if such a thing happened to you? How would you react? Would you be excited, or scared?

Can you possibly prepare for such a thing as accidental physical time travel? Are you prepared, somehow?

The only way to be prepared would be to have a backpack of supplies on you at all times! LoL. Sheesh, to be caught without food, extra clothing, and money, would be horrible. Chances are, I wouldn't even have shoes on. What a thought.....

Gacut

Time wanderer
After my panic atack, I would totaly try to find myself in the past, travel trough the country to check the old Poland, show everyone my smartphone just to see how people will react for the future technology. I think i would find some things to do in the past.

Ishi

There is a wonderful book about this very topic. It's called "The Long Earth" by Terry Pratchett. I loved reading it. :) While science fiction, it is the most well written book regarding the topic that I have found.

In my humble opinion, the most intriguing idea in the book is that unnatural time travel (i.e. a machine required) became more readily available to the public. People began migrating in masses to time lines with little development in order to start a new.