WHAT IF: Zimmerman is acquitted, riots break out in USA, Obama declares National Emergency

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
I see this Verdict, as a Verdict that is not "Cut and Dry" (No one comes out as a winner in the end). It looks like it could be a miss-trial.

Samstwitch

This is who the Jury is comprised of (below)...5 White Women and One Hispanic (that's what I heard on the news, don't know yet if she is Hispanic). Who do you think 5 white women will side with? Remember the outcome of the first Rodney King trial. That's what I fear will happen with this jury, which is made up of only HALF of a regular Jury. I wonder if the choosing of white jurors was deliberate as a means to get an acquittal. MOTIVE: To start riots around the USA. If that scenario happened, I wouldn't put it past Obama to declare a National Emergency or some kind of emergency, which could result in Martial Law. Given all the corruption that has already happened within the Obama Administration, it's not such a long shot. I hope I'm totally wrong though. I hope Zimmerman is convicted.

So far, I don't see grounds for a Mistrial, unless the Jury gets deadlocked over deliberations.

THE JURY OF SIX

B29: She is a young woman of color who recently moved with her husband and children to Central Florida from Chicago. The juror, who has eight children and has been married for 10 years, once worked as a certified nursing assistant. She learned of the shooting in the news and first assumed Trayvon Martin was 12 or 13 based on pictures in the media just after the shooting. A lot of people in her family took "the child's side" but she said she didn't form an opinion. She said that when she lived in Chicago, there were reports of many shootings, so she didn't pay special attention to Martin's death. She likes watching Bravo, episodes of the Real Housewives series, and is still adjusting to a calmer life in Florida.

B76: The middle-aged white woman with short brown hair and glasses has lived in Seminole County since 1995. She has two children, one of which is an attorney. She's heard about the case only three or four times, she says. During questioning, she said she thought Zimmerman was a security guard. During questioning about her media exposure, she turned to Martin's mom, Sybrina Fulton, and said, "Is that his mom?" Prosecutors tried to get her dismissed for that moment, but Judge Nelson ruled that she could stay. B76 said it's natural to have sympathy for people, but she understands that in this case that shouldn't impact deliberations. A pet lover, she manages rental properties.

B37: The middle-aged white woman is the daughter of an Air Force captain and has been married to a space attorney for 20 years. She has two children, 24 and 27, and works in a management position. During questioning, she told lawyers she knew a "broad spectrum" of names, but she hasn't kept up with the case. "Newspapers are usually in the parrot's cage," she told lawyers. Thursday, she told O'Mara that she had an issue with what kinds of guns people can own, that someone obtaining a concealed weapons permit doesn't mean they will act responsibly and that more training is needed for concealed permit holders. She has three dogs, four cats and "a couple of lizards" and has been called to jury duty four times before this case.

B51: She is an older white woman with short brown hair who has lived in Seminole County for nine years. She retired from a job in real estate five years ago, has no children and often visits her elderly parents and siblings in north Florida. Last week, she told lawyers she thought Zimmerman may have done something wrong because he was arrested. She brought up that she heard the police investigation may not have been carried out properly. "The end result was somebody thought it was mishandled," she said.

E6: The middle-aged white woman with blond hair is married and has two kids, ages 11 and 13. After the shooting, she talked about "appearance" and "safety" with her kids. She got emotional when talking about being a victim of domestic violence. One of the most talkative people during the group questioning, she often spoke up when lawyers questioned potential jurors, asking how jurors would deal with "paranoid" and "anxious" people who claim self-defense. Prosecutors tried at least two times to get her stricken from the jury for recognizing four names on the potential witness list. Judge Nelson let her stay. E6 is a churchgoer who used to volunteer at a school and likes gardening and babysitting.

E40: The middle-aged white woman moved to Seminole County in November from Iowa and worked around the country as a safety officer. She is married to a chemical engineer, has a 28-year-old son and does not have a Facebook account. She remembered little about the shooting, summing up her knowledge for lawyers as "I recall the phrase 'gated community, teenager.' ... That's about it." She likes to travel, read and watch sports — especially football.

Samstwitch

Threats to Riot, Loot if Zimmerman Found Innocent Intensify

Groups using social media to organize chaos

Despite national media attention, threats to riot and loot made by Trayvon Martin supporters if George Zimmerman is found innocent continue to dominate Twitter.

080713riot.jpg

A search of Twitter over the last 24 hours for the words “riot Zimmerman” brings up a plethora of tweets from individuals who are openly signaling their intention to stage disorder in cities across America if Zimmerman walks free.

The messages are clearly illegal under 18 USCS § 2102 which states that “to incite a riot”, or “to organize, promote, encourage, participate in, or carry on a riot”, includes, but is not limited to, urging or instigating other persons to riot, but shall not be deemed to mean the mere oral or written (1) advocacy of ideas or (2) expression of belief, not involving advocacy of any act or acts of violence or assertion of the rightness of, or the right to commit, any such act or acts.”

Not only have social media users threatened to cause chaos and unrest on American streets in response to a “not guilty” verdict, they are also advocating that George Zimmerman be murdered if he walks.

Facebook initially refused to remove pages such as “Riot for Trayvon” and “Kill Zimmerman,” and only scrubbed them after sustained media pressure last week.

Compare the lack of action on behalf of authorities in response to the threats to riot and loot if Zimmerman is acquitted to the treatment of 19-year-old Justin Carter, who has been locked up since March for Facebook comments in which he made a violent joke with his friend. Whereas Carter made his remarks in jest, no matter how distasteful, the vast majority of people advocating riots and theft in response to a Zimmerman acquittal are deadly serious.

With legal experts now forecasting that Zimmerman will not be convicted with either murder or manslaughter in a verdict that could arrive before the end of the week, preparations on behalf of authorities in Sanford, Florida are also intensifying.

As we reported last week, Sanford Police Chief Cecil Smith and other city officials are worried that the outcome of the trial could spark “violence” and have crafted a “secret law enforcement” plan to deal with potential social disorder.

Numerous prominent voices, including former Chicago cop Paul Huebl have also warned that the outcome of the trial will lead to riots that could surpass those seen in the aftermath of the Rodney King beating.

Dismissing the Twitter threats as holding no weight would be naive given the fact that Trayvon Martin supporters looted a Walgreens last year as part of a “demonstration” against the fact that Zimmerman had not been arrested. Video surveillance footage showed teens ransacking a store in North Miami, damaging property and shoplifting goods.

View a selection of tweets below that were made over the last 24 hours alone.

CLICK ME TO VIEW RIOT TWEETS!

Samstwitch

If there are riots across America over the Zimmerman trial, then I know it was a planned event by the Elite/NWO/Bilderbers etc. In that scenario, Obama could declare Martial Law and/or a National Emergency.

TimeTravel_00

Something to consider is the pure number of potential killing machines the past 30 years of American culture has produced. Not all soldiers die in battle, and most never join the military. This culture has bred a generation of individual soldier cells. Nobody ever talks about it, but we all know it to be the truth. Most of these individuals will avoid conflict at all costs, knowing that if they ever were to become "activated" they likely could not stop due to the permanent nature of their actions. Take Switzerland as an example, everyone is armed, heavily. Half the men have fully automatic weapons. Everyone is very nice to each other, very little crime. Everyone tries very hard to keep it that way. My gut tells me that a gang of looters and a rabble of rioters will not be permitted to do as they please, nor would law enforcement be able to protect them. Florida has 1 million plus concealed weapon permits active. You don't actually believe that those people would think twice before defending their families and homes do you? Perhaps even, preemptivily.....

Samstwitch

Here is a link to watch Live Stream of the Zimmerman trial with no commercials or breaks: Zimmerman Trial Livestream | www.wftv.com

The Defense has rested. Closing Arguments will be given next, then the Jury will go into Deliberation.

We may have a Verdict very soon.

I'm glad to hear today that the Prosecution will instruct the Jurors that they can find Zimmerman guilty of lesser charges, i.e., Manslaughter or Aggravated Assault, if they feel it applies to the case. At least it gives them some options.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Nothing major has happened in my city as far as I know, but then they did release the verdict at a time here when people are asleep in most portions of the states, so that could have a role. I haven't heard of any problems on other news sites.

Samstwitch

No problems or rioting reported on the news. This past week many efforts were made to head-off riots. Broward County released a video urging young people not to riot. The Sheriff's Department also headed it off in other ways in Florida. The attorney for Trayvon Martin's family urged the same, to remain peaceful no matter what the outcome, as well as many other influential people who were interviewed prior to the verdict. The Media was everywhere taping Trayvon Martin supporters, interacting with them. I think all of these things combined helped to keep people calm.

During one of the Media interviews with Trayvon supporters, a woman said they are going to march to the Governor's house tomorrow to insist that the case is taken to a higher court (as it was in the Rodney King incident). However, I don't think there are grounds for a higher court. Even so, Trayvon's parents could bring a Civil Suit against Zimmerman, which is what Nicole Brown's parents did against O.J. and they won.

What is also upsetting is what one of the TM supporters said...that the same prosecutor who tried the TM case also tried and convicted a woman who had been previously repeatedly physically abused by her husband was sentenced to 20 years for shooting at the ceiling during a domestic dispute. She shouldn't have even been charged with a crime, let alone sentenced to 20 years. That's so unfair. :( That's another reason why the community is upset.

I'm just so relieved about no rioting. There was terrible rioting after the Rodney King verdict, and I have lived through other times when there were deadly riots in California. A friend of my father's was shot and killed while driving during one of the L.A. riots.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Other than blacks being a tad aggressive today in my city, I haven't heard of anything severe. And when I say agressive, more like dirty looks and the race card being played like usual. Just a tad more.

"Oh you must be racist because you bumped into me!"

Sorry, wasn't watching where I was going.

I doubt nationwide or even local riots will happen, so far there have been a few protests with a few acts of violence, really not considered a riot, but that is about it really.