What Is God?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
The question is simple, what is God, who is God?

The creator of all things at all times?
An inter-dimensional being?
A hive mind?

Is God everywhere and in all of us.
Does God watch over all of us.
Why did God create the universe?
Did he even create anything at all?

Is there only one God?

Perhaps God is totally now what/who/how we think he is. What do you think?

I know we all have opinions and beliefs regarding what/who God is. We can assume all religions share the same God and they just don't know it. Perhaps God is an invention from the human mind. I'm sure we can come up with tons and tons of questions. I'm definitely not looking for answers here and I don't think this thread is going to answer precisely to any of these questions.

I just want to get a feeling on all the numerous possibilities you guys can imagine and come up with regarding the question above: What is God?

kcwildman

Beastmaster
I might as well get the fur to flying here
I.M.H.O.
there is one GOD and HE created all things from the pure energy of HIS thoughts. this seems plain to me cause everything is at it's basic level is made of matter which at it's basic level is made of energy..that is how every thing came from nothing. the big bang was the thundering voice of GOD breaking the silance of nothingness... this is why as far as we can tell the vers. is still expanding. HIS order of creation goes on for ever, and HIS word cannot return void of the perpose it was sent out to do it must go on for ever.
HE spoke every thing into exsistance by the power if HIS will for HIS own pleasure. we as humans were created for fellowship with our FATHER, and by being a person of a pure heart we can then have true fellowship with HIM as our spirit will transend the viel between flesh and the spirit worlds letting us clearly hear HIS voice in the quite of our minds. just as moses did on the mountian top.
hope I didn't crash the party here but thought I would give my two bananas worth

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'll byte. Who created God, Does he always exist forever? Perhaps time doesn't matter from his point of view... He is. Does that make sense to you?

Do you think we're the only universe he created? Perhaps the afterlife is actually you and me going to another of God's universe. What do you think?

ZeoEmeraude

I can't answer this question. The fact is we truly do not know. I suppose I will find out when I leave this plane of existence.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
I tend to believe that time does not even exsist. I say this because, when old moses ask for the name of GOD.. the answer was I AM,, tell them that I AM sent you.. this does not sound to me as someone who is bound by time, or even admits that it is a real thing.. rather it points me to conclude that to GOD all is now...another rather shocking conclusion for me is that HE does not know where HE came from, or how HE came to be. only that HE is, and always has been as HE is. there was nothing befor HIM and can be nothing after. HE is the alpha and the omega the only one of HIS kind..hence the statement there is only one GOD..and HIS name is I AM...
does that make any sence at all cause,, it looks realy wierd when I read it????

Assuming there is "one" or "ONE", rather, a lot of religions have one or more, so it seems that any semi-to organized culture, has seen the need of a religion and hence, a "God' or "gods" to be the moral conscience of that particular society, or at least Emile Durkheim(sp) felt so, based on his writings. So much for a double major in undergrad. in Psych/Soc.