What is the speed of dark?

iooqxpooi

Originally posted by StarLord@Sep 13 2004, 03:35 PM
Exsqueze me for being slow, but you are splitting hairs here. An emission of anything that close to 0 on the time scale is all but fodder for moot points.

I will admit that, emissions of that fantastic sort of speed mirror novel thoughts on my part. However, WITHOUT: light, at the speed of light, waiting for the light to change, waiting for the next bank teller, eating green eggs and ham, playing laser tag at your first Scout jamboree, waiting for the light to come on while discussing the speed of dark, whatever, the Only Thing Moving, besides the green eggs and ham after eating, is Light.

The darkness is not moving because it is always there You just can't see it anymore because of that darned light that keeps racing about obscures it from your vision.

Now SURE you can measure the speed of light all you want, but it has nothing to do with the dark that is always there unless you are 'blinded by the light'. Without light, it is dark. If there has been no light for a year, and a flash bulb goes off, that change to the present environment has a beginning and an end, at the speed of light, but the dark that was there for a year has not changed, it was there all the time, and it has not moved, it was just too bright fro you to notice it.

You shoot a bullet, the sound that is heard travels at the speed of sound and no faster Right? (forget vacuums, forget liquids, gases, stick to normal back 40 farm land) Are you next going to tell me that silence has a speed and is just as fast as sound because its coming right behind the noise that traveled at the speed of sound??

If that is the case, then Darkness is way faster than light because it was there long before the light got there.

I vote we go for something new like wether chickens fly faster in the light or the darkness.
Oh whatever. You stick to your 'beliefs'.

And also, it's the bullet's velocity + the speed of sound.

iooqxpooi

Originally posted by StarLord@Sep 13 2004, 07:06 PM
Tell me you didn't just go there My Brother Grayson, I thought my logic insurmountable ah well....Ok. }}sigh{{ :lol:

Sit in a closet and wait for your eyes to adjust to the light, the 'almost there' light source from the bottom of the door. You will notice that the weak light is mixed with what is already in there and is not traveling, the semi darkness. Now place some duct tape and tape all around the door where it meets the door frame and Voila! It's real dark in there. Where did the dark come from? Its not coming from out side the door is it?

Now poke a hole in the middle at the bottom, darkness surrounds the little shaft of light, just biding it's time when it can feast on it. But hark! what yonder presence/light breaks upon the darkness that is always there when it's not? In sooth, the only thing moving is the tiny febrile meager shaft of light and one's brain wondering how the hell you got in a closet taped up in the first place. Cover that hole up with your finger and what is, regains its full presence upon your sight recepticles, the dark.

Unless you can manufacture a machine that can clock the speed of something that radiates from no where and is always present, we may be on this conundrum for quite a while. Where is Einstein when we Really need Him??

I fear that you have but stirred up yon budding physist once again. :D
I am sorry, I will take back what I said. If I have not posted my proof, here it is- a proton moves through a beam of photons, absorbing one. You may notice the dark only at c, due to the fact that you can't absorb light before you can absorb light(get it?). Now please tell me that is wrong and I will have a fit.

iooqxpooi

Oh, I didn't post my proof. Sorry starlord. Please, since I am going to sleep and I have school, ask Fringan...He will explain to you what I said to him in the chat when I presented my proof.

Phoenix

Originally posted by Grayson@Sep 13 2004, 03:00 PM
Hmmm! Is it dark, or Anti-light.

Darkness may not be the simple absence of light, it may be the erasure or cancellation of light by its Photonic Nemesis.

Everything else has an Anti-Particle doesn't it? So why not light.

Anyone know the actual speed, to the nearest Kmh, or so of Anti-light? :huh:
An "anti-photon" would be a photon. It would just be going in the opposite direction, have the same wave length, and 180 degrees out of phase.

I think Frigan has it nailed on the head with his analogy of what is the speed of a non-car. The question is meaningless and has no rational answer. All the question can do is what it did do, create meaningless chatter and banter.

rialb

"The important thing is not to stop questioning."
Albert Einstein 1879-1955

Some one will prove me wrong or right one day.

Many Thanks
Blair Styles.
11:11

iooqxpooi

Originally posted by Phoenix+Sep 13 2004, 11:12 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Grayson@Sep 13 2004, 03:00 PM

Darkness may not be the simple absence of light, it may be the erasure or cancellation of light by its Photonic Nemesis.

Anyone know the actual speed, to the nearest Kmh, or so of Anti-light?? :huh:
An "anti-photon" would be a photon. It would just be going in the opposite direction, have the same wave length, and 180 degrees out of phase.

I think Frigan has it nailed on the head with his analogy of what is the speed of a non-car. The question is meaningless and has no rational answer. All the question can do is what it did do, create meaningless chatter and banter.
[snapback]9264[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]
This does not mean that it does not have a speed of noticeability! And also, I was using the anti-photon as an imaginative tool to help others understand. I am very sorry if it was taken wrong.

StarLord

Ok, Let's leave the very dark dead horse that still hasn't moved / no-car where it lies and go on from there. What else have you got in Felix's bag of tricks Iooqxpooi?

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

Originally posted by iooqxpooi+Sep 14 2004, 10:49 AM--><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Phoenix@Sep 13 2004, 11:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Grayson
@Sep 13 2004, 03:00 PM

Anyone know the actual speed, to the nearest Kmh, or so of Anti-light?? :huh:

[snapback]9264[/snapback]​
This does not mean that it does not have a speed of noticeability! And also, I was using the anti-photon as an imaginative tool to help others understand. I am very sorry if it was taken wrong.
[snapback]9271[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Sorry Iggy, I was being amusing in an attempt to blow up Starlord's head.

Starlord: Does that mean that anti-light is everywhen?

StarLord

Grayson you Rum Bugger! :lol:

For a tad there mate, I thought you was victim of foul kippers wot wif yer ramblins an such.

You meant Ante-Light is from every past when right? The dark that shall be is the same dark that was before it was disturbed by the light that wished to be.

Yes old sod, it's a scientific fact and backed by thousands of religious texts, before the word, before the light, there was naught but darkness all around.

Can you believe the little blighter wants to add the velocity of the bullet + the speed of sound when it comes to the speed of no-car and silence? I say, What Cheek.

If he's not careful, he'll wind up an accountant instead of playing with cars that do not exist going no where, at no speed a'tall a'tall.

iooqxpooi

I must ask you if the speed of sound is the limit of sound speed. NO. Then it must be added. (v+v')/ radical(1-(v x v')/c^2)