What Makes You Believe in Time Travel?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
A lot of us are time travel enthusiasts for some reason. I'm wondering here what those reasons are.

What makes you believe that time travel is real and what convinces you to keep believing?

While I'm a pretty down to Earth person, I really like to believe that time travel is possible. I can't present you a precise reason as to why I keep believing it's possible, but nothing yet convinced me that time travel isn't possible. I want to believe.

What makes you believe in time travel?

Night Vision

A lot of us are time travel enthusiasts for some reason. I'm wondering here what those reasons are.

What makes you believe that time travel is real and what convinces you to keep believing?

While I'm a pretty down to Earth person, I really like to believe that time travel is possible. I can't present you a precise reason as to why I keep believing it's possible, but nothing yet convinced me that time travel isn't possible. I want to believe.

What makes you believe in time travel?
I can honestly say, I have not really thought about Time Travel to much before I found this site but I do believe time travel is possible Num7,:cool: Anything is possible and eventually I am sure it will be quite the normal way of being, down the road when technology or special abilities of the mind are even more progressed:) I am sure there are many truly amazing limitless capabilities with Time and Space left to be uncovered. I personally can't wait, several things I would like to change about past and future:D

Last edited:

Voyageur

I usually shift between dimensions all the day. Sometimes when I am bored that it is a rainy day, I shift in a timeline where sun shines. When I am bored at work, I raise my frequency in a way that I can observe different realities while I am working, and allow myself to flow in a timeline where I do my work even most of the time my mind travels between dimensions.

We usually think that it is our imagination, but if we want, we can shift here too. Here in this physical world, what we usually think as 'true' and another worlds just 'imagination'. So, if we can shift dimensions, I believe we can find a dimensions that is just as the same as this seemed to be for example 20years ago. So let's stop dreaming those "good old times", let's travel there with our physical body as well :)

By seeing evidences on shifting in our physical universe, makes me believe that maybe I can shift more when I allow myself to let go of this world.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
...Anything is possible and eventually I am sure it will be quite the normal way of being, down the road when technology or special abilities of the mind are even more progressed...
You don't think anyone on this planet has already discovered and mastered this stuff already? I'm talking about in secret, though.

I personally believe in time travel partly because there have been so many mistakes repeated throughout history and never learned from that it really should be possible. Also, this universe is one of endless possibilities and actual things we once thought were impossible. And finally, here's some probable evidence that time travel is real: TIME TRAVELER POSED FOR PICTURE IN 1917.

Anonynez

I personally just find the idea of time travel fascinating. The psychological effects are actually more intriguing than the physical effects. How would a person fair if they could really travel back to a situation that has already happened? Could they really keep it together? Could they really be disciplined enough to simply tour the past and try their very best to avoid altering the future? I too believe that time travel has either been invented, pseudo-invented, or is being worked on. Possibly at CERN. That seems the most logical, but then again what do I know? I just watched "Terminator: Genesys" today, and the machine they used reminded me of some pictures I've seen of the facility that houses the LHC. Being able to time travel, although fascinating, seems like it would also be very scary. It would not be for the weak.

LisaTiffany

I hardly ever thought of it until I joined this forum, yet as I read so many posts I had no choice but to give it a bit more thought. The thing with time travel is though it may not be possible now perhaps 500 years from now we will stumble upon some kind of alien technology that makes it all possible, or perhaps a black hole or portal of some form will appear who knows where and some kind of probe will be sent through. Hey presto it ends up back in the time of Jesus or The Mayans. Basically any time I think about time travel I always look at it like this - it might not be possible today but maybe X amount of years from now it will be so no matter how many years it takes to create some form of time machine it really doesn't matter because eventually you could travel right back to this moment all over again. The worrying thing is the obvious implications to events that have already proceeded.

Without going off on too much of a loop I think some forms of time travel have already happened and still do to this day. I always look at time slips as a form of time travel, there are many cases some even very famous where and individual or individuals were walking through an area when suddenly they turned a corner and a building they never saw before stood in a spot that was previously empty. They entered the building and sure enough they could touch the walls/etc but once they left so did the building. Time slips could be put down to a form of dimensional overlap where that particular time somehow existed on another time line and crossed over ours at a particular point making it possible for us to interact with it. Then there is Bruce Gernon's story which if you haven't heard of is well worth looking up, I'm sure there was also a case in the 1900's in Versailles where two women reported experiencing a time slip.

Either way it all depends on if you class time slips in the same category as actual time travel, if there are many parallel worlds to this one then is crossing into one truly time travel? and in order to pass through time do we need to travel through those worlds? I think time only exists in the physical world, when you get into other realms such as astral and heavenly then time travel truly becomes possible because you can transcend the physical and access other realities.

Zeirbah

IN FACT, something just happened today!

October 2, 2015
I woke up this morning and noticed that Mojo, my tabby cat, was acting very strange. I thought it was strange, but eventually went to school. I turned on my phone at my arrival in school, but as I turned my phone on, the clock said 6:39 AM, and just switched to 6:40 AM. About 5 seconds later, my phone said 6:39 AM, and a minute later, back to 6:40 AM; the time continued normally after that. I was kind of confused, but upon my arrival of my Language Arts teacher from 11th grade (Junior year), we went into the elevator. Upon riding the elevator, we were talking about time travel, then the elevator had stopped at the second floor. Only thing is that the library is on the third floor, and the elevator never did this before! Nothing else strange happened the rest of today.

Deejay

I've wished all my life that some day it would be possible to jump back through centuries of history.
I didn't believe until my first precognative experience. Since then my interest has piqued.