What would you do?

kurisu

So I was watching tv which is something I rarely do I was at dead boredom and, was watching something or another about Virtual Reality. So I decided to ask myself the big question "Is it possible?" and, I started researching several topics and, different theories on connecting subjects to make Virtual Reality a reality ( lol ) So I got out my good'ol notebook and, started drawing out schematics and, writing in more detail how it works and, how we could make it and, etc.

NOTE: It's based on information and, hasn't been tested whether it would actually work or not is another story but, according to my research it should work.

After that was done I showed it to a very trustworthy friend and, it wasn't until then I noticed that the formula work backwards as it did forwards. Essentially meaning it went from Virtual Reality to Reality Virtual or "Visual Editing" (Still working on a better name) so to speak. Which was a very scary thought for me since the pure capabilities got my evil side of the brain thinking of what it could do to people rather then, how it could help people. Anyways after that a tossed my notebook in the fireplace ( I'm very protective of my information ^_^ ) since it was worrying me.

So I wanted to ask your opinions on whether it would be good or bad to continue developing this technology . I can't say that your opinions will influence my current standing all that well but, I still want to hear them. My friend said I was over worrying and, there wouldn't be anyone would use it in a less then honest way but, I'm reluctant to believe that to be the truth...

You can ask about the device itself but, I may not answer your questions all the way depending on how specific they are. I left a few clue words in the paragraph if you can pick them up you may get a better idea ^_^

kcwildman

Beastmaster
ok now I curious let me get this straight first, you said it will work backwards too. so you can basicly edit and change a person's way of thinking and behavior???

kurisu

ok now I curious let me get this straight first, you said it will work backwards too. so you can basicly edit and change a person's way of thinking and behavior???

Basically I'm still mentally writing the theory behind it and, it works a little bit differently however you could rewrite someone senses and, even their thinking itself without any direct connection it would work on anyone but, that's just the top layer I've been working on it and, have found that it may even be possible to turn their thinking into data and, be read. If I saw a tv show I could turn the latent memory or the current memory of seeing it into data which then, could be displayed as a video. Although I'm not completely sure if turning memory into data will work yet but, it seems like it would. I haven't drawn a exact theory for it yet.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
ok if I am understanding you fully then, you could just hook some one up to the V.R. mechine and reprogram there mind to be anything you wanted. put in or take out any memory they have. so basicly you have got the theory for a working version of the memory over wright mechine from the movie ( TOTAL RECALL ) with good old Arnold rite???

or is it more like you can just read there thoughts and record them to be viewed like a movie or will the devise give sensations too like hot, cold, wind, water, like that movie where they would put on a helmet and record there experences for some one ells to have and they would get every feeling the recorder had at the time of the recording

kurisu

ok if I am understanding you fully then, you could just hook some one up to the V.R. mechine and reprogram there mind to be anything you wanted. put in or take out any memory they have. so basicly you have got the theory for a working version of the memory over wright mechine from the movie ( TOTAL RECALL ) with good old Arnold rite???

or is it more like you can just read there thoughts and record them to be viewed like a movie or will the devise give sensations too like hot, cold, wind, water, like that movie where they would put on a helmet and record there experences for some one ells to have and they would get every feeling the recorder had at the time of the recording

That's right you could simulate all emotion , senses and, even pain. I don't know about the movie reference ( don't watch movies ) The thing is what your describing in the second paragraph is the normal version. That would be Virtual Reality where it's like your in a fake location and, everything is plugged into the location. The backwards version has the opposite effect.

Normal = Senses only work in "our world" and, can't be messed with or altered
Virtual Reality = Sense can be plugged into a game or simulation and, emuated for maximum reality
Visual Editing is Virtual Reality working backwards and, the effects are being plugged into you rather then, you being plugged into them.

For instance lets say I used a wireless signal to display a cup of coffee. What you see is a cup of coffee however you can only see it because I fed it to you. You could even feel it hold it or drink it. however only you can see it. If we made it effect multiple people and, several people saw the cup of coffee then, it's no longer fake and, created it then becomes a part of reality since multiple people can see and, touch it.

One way to explain is that if you have a delusion or are schizophrenic only you can see the delusion or creation of the schizophrenia however it would be possible with this technology to make a delusion "reality" it doesn't technically exist however since everyone would be receiving signals and, think it exists it then, exists.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
ok I think I got the picture now , this gadget sounds cool as all get out to me... I think I would build one get the bugs out and then, I would make it the center pice of a theam park where people could go and be anything they wanted to be.. no shit how cool would it be to become superman?? who wouldn't want to fly ??? or to go anywhere and do anything you wanted to yep.... I would most definitely make it happen

kurisu

ok I think I got the picture now , this gadget sounds cool as all get out to me... I think I would build one get the bugs out and then, I would make it the center pice of a theam park where people could go and be anything they wanted to be.. no shit how cool would it be to become superman?? who wouldn't want to fly ??? or to go anywhere and do anything you wanted to yep.... I would most definitely make it happen

That's the positive side assuming people don't use the technology to control the world and, make it as greedy people desire...

kcwildman

Beastmaster
well if its only an V.R. then if your not plugged into it then it wont be real to you right I mean it's not like you could send out a signal to every one at once ????? you do have to be connected to it some how right ???

kurisu

well if its only an V.R. then if your not plugged into it then it wont be real to you right I mean it's not like you could send out a signal to every one at once ????? you do have to be connected to it some how right ???

No... I made the theory based on the fact it would need to be convenient to use given the proper equipment it can be sent to any person or several people wirelessly.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
oh hell no,,,, dude thats bad juju..... if it could be used to make the matrix a real thing, then you were right to burn the note book..... sorry but mass mind fuck is not a good idea in anybody's book...