What's The Craziest Time Travel Theory You've Ever Heard?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
We've all read and heard a lot of time travel theories over the years. Some of them were good, others were kinda weird. Some of them were right down crazy.

What are some of the craziest, unbelievable time travel theories you ever encountered online?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
That reminds me of something I've read a long time ago.

That person didn't understand what astral travel is, so he was asking people how to "Use astral travel to time travel". ... time travel in the physical way, obviously.

Yeah, that was quite confusing and didn't end well. I can't remember precisely how it ended though. I think the person became frustrated at some point and left because "no one would answer the question being asked". I'm pretty sure that wasn't on Paranormalis, so don't worry! LOL

Num7

Administrator
Staff
One I heard was using hypnosis or meditation to travel back in time.
Like classicalfan said, there are a few interesting techniques that involve meditation. For instance, the HDR can be used as a meditation aid in order to achieve astral time travel. We're not talking physical though.

Hypnosis, I don't think I ever thought about it. I'd be curious to know what others think of hypnosis, when it comes to time travel.

Gatekeeper

First I don't deny the abilities of the human mind and one can do by will power. I don't know much about astral travel but the position I am taking is one of physical. I see humans are anchored to this reality which is in motion with the expansion of the universe. The idea of anyone to mentally will themselves to physically manifest to another point in times and space through hypnosis or meditation I find to be as crazy as trying to travel back in time by running in reserve opposite to the rotation of the earth. It's not within any natural ability of the human being to physical displace themselves from this realm to another dimension, reality or time. Such an occurrence would require the aid of external forces such as a machine, portal, etc. However in matters of astral travel, spiritual displacement is a whole different matter that I am not involving here. There was this one theory I remember years ago reading where in a nutshell if one could ever come to seeing or understanding of the 4th dimension, being time, there maybe a way to transfer ones conscious through out any point in time, but would be limited within their own life time and body. Now as I can see my not everyone would agree with my position so lets keep in mind this is all speculation.