What's your local haunt?

SarahAlways

6fe6250d6d01c08669c39b05e4ad194e.jpg

Every town has some sort of ghost legend. The building that is just too creepy to assume only evil could have lived there, or the place you drive by to work every morning that makes you think back to the old stories that kept you up at night as a kid. I'm curious about what your town's local legend was. Or what is that haunted house you've always wanted to visit or already have? Share it here and attach pictures if you can-- with or without apparitions. : )

Last edited:

iamthe

6fe6250d6d01c08669c39b05e4ad194e.jpg

Every town has some sort of ghost legend. The building that is just too creepy to assume anything but evil ever lived there, or the place you drive by to work every morning that makes you think back to the old stories that kept you up at night as a kid. I'm curious about what your town's local legend was. Or what is that haunted house you've always wanted to visit or already have? Share it here and attach pictures if you can-- with or without apparitions. : )
Well it's not my local haunt but a friend's house. Theresa, myself, and our boyfriends were getting ready to go to a college Halloween party. We were at Theresa's house and decided to have pre-drinks. I'm new to college life, never drank before, so this was a whole new experience for me!!! I walk past the kitchen to pour myself another and out of the corner of my right eye I saw this girl standing in the doorway. I turn left because I decided if this is really happening I would see the apparition out of my left eye too. Holy shit, it was there. Fucking looking at me. I don't recall how inebriated I was but i only had one drink and zero tolerance. So I sat there looking forward and trying to decide what to do because this thing was still looking at me. So I called Theresa over and I said, "what do you see in the doorway?" She said, "nothing". Then I described what I was looking at. Then she went on to explain that her and her boyfriend moved into the house ahead of her parents, they were all coming from California, and Theresa was there to get the house ready for them. She said on her first night she went to the kitchen and said that there was a tap on her shoulder as she opened the aspirin bottle which scared Theresa so bad that pills flew everywhere. She ran back to bed and refused to go back and get aspirin.
Later on her mom said that she also saw a girl upstairs at various stages of her life. Never threatening but always a curious presence in their lives. Apparently the girl is curious about new people. Other people that have visited have also seen her.

SarahAlways

Do you think you would have been able to keep her in your sight if you hadn't made the conscious decision to? I think maybe a lot of people who only see things for an instant are essentially blocking it out as something their brain does not want to process.

BlastTyrant

Up here in the Frozen north we have a few! probably the most famous by me are the Anoka Hospital tunnels and Billys Tavern.

Billys is the most well known, supposedly it use to be a whore house and the owner had died upstairs, people report seeing her ghost in the upstairs windows, police dogs refuse to go in the basement. Anoka has a really big haunted history.

TnWatchdog

Up here in the Frozen north we have a few! probably the most famous by me are the Anoka Hospital tunnels and Billys Tavern.

Billys is the most well known, supposedly it use to be a whore house and the owner had died upstairs, people report seeing her ghost in the upstairs windows, police dogs refuse to go in the basement. Anoka has a really big haunted history.
Here it is. Blast, Wind, and myself had lunch there last year.
20160730_145950-1-1.jpg
Edit...Hey Wind...you may wish to add to this, regarding the upstairs window.

Last edited:

SarahAlways

Have you explored the Anoka Hospital? I've heard stories- I am from the frozen north as well- but I've never been.

SarahAlways

View attachment 5948
Is there a dining room in the basement of this place too? Or perhaps I am thinking of someplace else.

TnWatchdog

View attachment 5948
Is there a dining room in the basement of this place too? Or perhaps I am thinking of someplace else.
We were on the main floor...Blast told us about the basement but I can't remember the details so he can elaborate on that.

BlastTyrant

Have you explored the Anoka Hospital? I've heard stories- I am from the frozen north as well- but I've never been.

They sadly wont let anyone into the hospital at all or the tunnels, not even authentic local ghost hunting groups have been able to get in there, what is neat about that though is if you boat on the river you can see old tunnel exits from the tunnels under the hospital.

And yes Sarah there is a dining room in the basement of Billys, they use it for events and such along with a few storage rooms, i want to say there is a tunnel down there as well that connects to another bar from the old days but i cant remember which ones connect anymore.

Wind7

Staff

An investigation of the basement and other areas of Billy's Bar and Grill.

I will never forget that day.
I thought it was a reflection of something or just a trick of the eye (pareidolia) on our way in.

Then later on while standing outside, I saw it again in that upper most window.

I'm pretty certain that it was a woman, it was quick because when I looked again and said something about it, she was gone.

I want to go back someday! :)