Who is the real God ?

Metal Rivet

As the title to the post suggest, who is the real God? Through history long before the Christian Jesus Christ, man has always believe in a deity of some greatness and consequence. So my question is who is the real god ? Mayans, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans all prayed and worshiped to a very different "God" or "Gods". What makes Christianity the end all be all of religion ? Who are we say yes this right and no this is wrong ? How do you prove one religion is right and the rest are wrong ?

A small take on the ever popular "There is no God" thread.

Weeeeee_Zard

fsm1.jpg

About « Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

_paranorma

As the title to the post suggest, who is the real God? Through history long before the Christian Jesus Christ, man has always believe in a deity of some greatness and consequence. So my question is who is the real god ? Mayans, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans all prayed and worshiped to a very different "God" or "Gods". What makes Christianity the end all be all of religion ? Who are we say yes this right and no this is wrong ? How do you prove one religion is right and the rest are wrong ?

I'm interested to see where this thread can go ! There are so many different religions, I dont' think it's fair to depict which is the right one. (I'm sure someone will have something to say about this lol). I personally was raised with a "non-practicing"(I say this because as far back as I can remember she didn't go to church, but still stayed/stays true to her beliefs in God) Irish catholic mother, who went to catholic elementary and highschool. She never forced it on my brother or I, which now I thank her for. When I was younger though, I always felt a bit lost when everyone had "something" to beleive in and I was just confused.

A game changer for me was when I chose to take a world religiong class my juniour year of highschool. We literally discussed and researched nearly every religion. The one I enjoyed the most however, was buddhism. It pretty much presents you as being your own god; which I find incrediby empowering. The basic philosophy is to lead a moral life, and let everything that comes your wake sink in to help you gain wisdom you may have not if you looked ignorantly the other way. Pretty much respect the universe and everything in it! Of course there are dieties; and of course BUDDHA, who people pay respects to-but never worship. A key practice comes in the form of meditation, which I find increddibly relaxing. It allows you to become one with yourself and the people/things that surround you. Although, I highly doubt in this society complete nirvana is hard to come by.

I try to live by these guidelined everyday; not because of the religious side of it, but because to anyone with a good set of morals knows that respecting the people in your life is the right thing to do. This isn't me trying to promote buddhism, just trying to show that you don't need a "God" to live a life of fulfiillment-all you need is yourself, and that should be enough. :)

Zeit Individuum

Let me tell you, I’m a time traveler from 1941 Germany and I have seen the Hebrew religion before making monotheism. Before the Hebrews worshiped one God Yahweh, there was many. The bible itself once had many gods and goddesses in it that were edited out in later dates. The Jewish religion was originally a form of Babylonian Paganism, remember Abraham was from Ur in modern day Iraq.

Compare these two:

“He Fashioned stands for the great gods. As for the stars, he set up constellations corresponding to them. He designated the year and marked out its divisions, Apportioned three stars each to twelve months. When he had made plans of the days of the year…” (Enuma Elis, Tablet 5)

“And God said, "Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth". And it was so.” (Genesis 1:14-15)

Also in the Babylonian religion there believed there was 6 generations of gods, each comeing a day after the other. The sixth-generation god Marduk consults with other gods and decides to make mankind as servants, so that the gods can rest. Likewise, Elohim (Gods in the original Hebrew text) makes mankind on the sixth day (saying "let us make mankind in our image") and then rests. Marduk also rests on the 7th day.

There are many more examples of Hebrews worshiping many gods; Yahweh even had a wife named Asherah that was cut out of the bible. I would have to say there are many gods but all part of a “Great Holy Sprit.”

Samstwitch

Let me tell you, I’m a time traveler from 1941 Germany and I have seen the Hebrew religion before making monotheism. Before the Hebrews worshiped one God Yahweh, there was many.

There are many false gods...yes, the Bible says it...but there is only ONE true God and that is God spoken of in the Bible.

BlastTyrant

Look at my Avatar that is the one True God Neil Fallon.

But to be a tad bit serious here, i have though about this a bit, being in the whole ET Field and reading many many documents of abduction story's and being a fan of ancient mythology, i have come to the conclusion God is a Ancient Alien, ether from a ancient Race or the last of his kind, in many abduction regressions they speak of a God that the ET's all recognize, they say he is love and he is all around, but some speak of a physical entity, a stand alone figure who everyone reports to but no one see's. So take it as you like ether God is Love and Kidness or he is a Buddha kinda figure. I could go far more in depth but it is a bit to early.

Zeit Individuum

Let me tell you, I’m a time traveler from 1941 Germany and I have seen the Hebrew religion before making monotheism. Before the Hebrews worshiped one God Yahweh, there was many.

There are many false gods...yes, the Bible says it...but there is only ONE true God and that is God spoken of in the Bible.

With my experiences in the past and future, I am more on the way of thinking of future religion. That is every god or goddess makes up one Great Holy Spirit type of thing. All religion is connected to one another even though yes just one true god, just my opinion.

FutureKing

I see this another way. Jesus was not Gods son. God is that he is and has no son,no brother,no father. Says so in your own Christian book. Look closer for discrpancies. Something is missing. JUDGE YE NOT. Any argument of Christian faith is just proving the point that they jusge others who are not like them. What a joke, but sad truth. I say, fair enough, call me a LIAR and you get an BLACK EYE from your own false God. Live by the standards in which you believe, and you will bite your tongue for the better good!
God Lives, He is ONE, and his name is not JESUS. He is without a name. Anr the messiah? His name is DAVID! Read closer!