Who is the real God ?

Samstwitch

Just a point to consider, in regards to the idea of "which god is the real god", people often forget that in terms of modern religion, God as worshiped by Christians, Allah as worshiped by Muslims, and YHWH as worshiped by Jews, all three Gods are accepted as the same entity. All three have links back to the same stories, based around Abraham/Abram, it only after that point that the religions deviate.

This is correct. For those who want more detail...

Abraham (originally known as Abram) had two sons. The first son was conceived with the handmaiden of his wife, Sarah. This son was named Ishmael, and his descendants are the Muslims, the nation of Islam.

Abraham's second son, conceived with his wife, Sarah, was named Isaac. Isaac's descendants are the Hebrews, the Jewish nation. The Jewish people follow the Word of God as written in the Torah, which is basically the Old Testament.

From Isaac, through his descendants, we eventually come to the birth of Jesus Christ. Jesus and His Apostles were all Jewish. After Jesus was crucified and resurrected, His followers became known as Christians.

Jews who did not believe Jesus was the Messiah continued to live by the Old Testament, and do not accept the New Testament as the Word of God. Christians believe in both the Old and New Testaments. The New Testament is about the birth and life of Jesus and the Word of God that was given at that time.

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I see this another way. Jesus was not Gods son. God is that he is and has no son,no brother,no father. Says so in your own Christian book. Look closer for discrpancies. Something is missing. JUDGE YE NOT. Any argument of Christian faith is just proving the point that they jusge others who are not like them. What a joke, but sad truth. I say, fair enough, call me a LIAR and you get an BLACK EYE from your own false God. Live by the standards in which you believe, and you will bite your tongue for the better good!
God Lives, He is ONE, and his name is not JESUS. He is without a name. Anr the messiah? His name is DAVID! Read closer!

Jesus is a son of God and we are all sons and daughters of God because GOD is the SOURCE. IMHO.

:)

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
The universe works in mysterious ways, I have seen it first hand everything happens the way it does for a reason for good or bane. but once one understand it working around you, then and only then do you realize that there is a much bigger painting drawn and you are only a speck on the background.

*Sings* I am onnnnly a crack in this castle of glass......

:) I agree with you, but we are not insignificant specks. We are all part of the multiverse aka God. :)

Falkon303

I think God is an attempt to explain what created everything. I don't think we'll ever truly know. And if it does lead to a being, who created the being? If the being created itself, who gave it the power to create itself? If it gave itself the power to create itself, what gave it the consciousness to make a decision? If it morphed into a consciousness, then where did the energy to morph into a consciousness come from.... It goes on and on. My current belief system is "Idon'tknowism".

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I think God is an attempt to explain what created everything. I don't think we'll ever truly know. And if it does lead to a being, who created the being? If the being created itself, who gave it the power to create itself? If it gave itself the power to create itself, what gave it the consciousness to make a decision? If it morphed into a consciousness, then where did the energy to morph into a consciousness come from.... It goes on and on. My current belief system is "Idon'tknowism".

That's the whole mystery of life. How was the universe created? Did it always exist?

GalzuFromQ

As the title to the post suggest, who is the real God? Through history long before the Christian Jesus Christ, man has always believe in a deity of some greatness and consequence. So my question is who is the real god ? Mayans, Egyptians, Greeks, Romans all prayed and worshiped to a very different "God" or "Gods". What makes Christianity the end all be all of religion ? Who are we say yes this right and no this is wrong ? How do you prove one religion is right and the rest are wrong ?

A small take on the ever popular "There is no God" thread.

Same Gods, different names.

Mark Pattinson

God is the most powerful reality in this world and He is waiting for you to discover Him and be overwhelmed by His wonderful love and goodness. God has nothing to do with manmade religion, but He is the One you were destined for. His love is the reason you are alive and He has a wonderful plan for your life. Take all the time you need to discover how real God is and how you can encounter Him. Watch documentaries about modern day miracles, videos with proof of heaven, testimonies of experiences with angels and see how thousands of Muslims encounter Jesus Christ in life changing visions. God is real and very active in our world. He wants to show His glorious love and power in your life too.
The Mayan Calendar

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Watch documentaries about modern day miracles, videos with proof of heaven, testimonies of experiences with angels and see how thousands of Muslims encounter Jesus Christ in life changing visions.

...Hang on. You're using television shows on H2 about miracles and Muslims being converted to Christianity as proof of your beliefs?

Firstly, miracles have not been demonstrated to occur. The existence of a miracle would pose logical problems (see Omnipotence paradox) for belief in a god which can supposedly see the future and began the universe with a set of predefined laws. Even if a ‘miracle’ could be demonstrated it would not immediately imply the existence of a god as that'd constitute a non-sequitur, much less any particular god, i.e. your Christian god (see Argument from inconsistent revelations), as unknown natural processes or agents could still explain said phenomenon (see God of the gaps).

What I often see is supporters of religion failing to adequately apportion blame when claims of their particular god’s ‘infinite mercy’ or ‘omnibenevolence’ involve sparing a few lives in a disaster, or recovery from a debilitating disease – all of which their god would ultimately be responsible for inflicting if it existed.

See also: Euthyphro dilemma, Confirmation bias, Cherry Picking.

I don't mean to dismantle every post I see like this and I know I appear somewhat aggressive in my views, but it's not meant that way (although I don't see how it's ultimately any different from telling people they need Jesus). I would like to see a real discussion where the merits of my arguments can be challenged, rather than one-sided magical thinking where no real response is given when questioned.