Debunking Who Perpetrated the John Titor Hoax?

Peregrini

Nope, the only person who wrote the JT posts was John. There is something in English Lit class called syntax and diction; the "voice" throughout the posts is consistent and recognizable due to consistent syntax and diction.

Do actors and actresses on TV or in movies use a consistent syntax or diction? I'll just go ahead and say yes here, and do you know they have a team of writers writing the script? Again, I'll add the yes, so just how is it you think you can definitively state that there is no way more than one person had any thing to do with the "story" Titor told?
Do participants in the audience come into the show believing it?

Or do they know that they're about to fundamentally be lied to because the actors/actresses are playing a role - not intentionally being truthful to either themselves, or others?

Actors/actresses are a poor example to use when it comes to consistent syntax or diction. You may as well employ the disinformationalist argument.
Hello all! I'm new here, just reading a lot and learning about differing opinions and views on things. It's great to be part of this community, there are many thoughts and ideas floating around that I'm intrigued by. But to get to the point of THIS post

I understood the "point" Peregrini was making. It was a poor example to use to illustrate it.

Do participants in the audience come into the show believing it?
Some come to be entertained... Some come to have their beliefs affirmed... Some do come in believing "it"...
Or do they know that they're about to fundamentally be lied to because the actors/actresses are playing a role - not intentionally being truthful to either themselves, or others?
Some know they are being lied to but, they want to be lied to so their own reality has some validity.
I believe Titor "was" playing "a role". The actor analogy is quite accurate.
If there were a team of writers behind Titor than Titor is not only THE troll, but he is the BOSS of trolls.

That's very well said.

Apocalypse

Some come to be entertained... Some come to have their beliefs affirmed... Some do come in believing "it"...

So then, why is it that those whom are ENTERTAINED by the Titor STORY are often as vilified as those whom are having biases confirmed, or (worse) actually BELIEVE in it? Are they not closer to disbelief, than belief?

Some know they are being lied to but, they want to be lied to so their own reality has some validity.
I believe Titor "was" playing "a role". The actor analogy is quite accurate.

I disagree. If Titor WAS real, he acted alone. It IS possible for one man to gain such levels of "education", and it does not always require a team to back them. I should know ... and I have gained several post grad degrees and my team's done nothin but hold me back! roflz.

Peregrini

I disagree. If Titor WAS real, he acted alone.

Unless "you" are Titor or he reappears and states that he acted alone, there is no way to confirm your statement.

It IS possible for one man to gain such levels of "education", and it does not always require a team to back them.

I do agree that Titor "could" have acted alone. He also "could" have had help putting his story together.

Apocalypse

Unless "you" are Titor or he reappears and states that he acted alone, there is no way to confirm your statement.

Unless "you" are quoting from an unheard of source, then Titor saying directly that he was a team is news to me.

I do agree that Titor "could" have acted alone. He also "could" have had help putting his story together.

Your emphasis shows the bias. Don't pretend.