Debunking Who Perpetrated the John Titor Hoax?

Sean

Lastly, I feel that that point that you are trying to make is that people are making too big of a deal about John Titor, but this is hardly the case since you yourself wasted a major part of your life studying John Titor. The information that the acclaimed John Titor spread on the web is not simply made up by an instinct of mind. Instead, if it is indeed a hoax, then it must be made with careful preparation through many years of reasearch and practice on the area of Time Traveling, and I think this would hardly be the case for a respected college student with an excellent major in the technological areas. But I digress. Since the vast amount of information is hard to digest and will not be understood clearly by a common person, I am assuming that you possess a education level of college or above. Don't you think you are becoming a no-life dedicating your time to research and developement on John Titor? It's abominably simpleminded of you, really if you think about it. I really didn't believe all that nonsense about people trying to prove John Titor a fake, but yet I find a maniac shoved infront of my face. This is both disappointing and degrading my opinion on humanity; after seeing your first sentence claiming that you have actually researched and wrote papers on some bogus subject, I have comletely lost my hope on the future of the human race. No wonder John Titor wanted to go back to the past.

Sean

To summarize, I'm not calling off any names, but researching on something that you can neither prove nor disprove is what people commonly call no life.

Sean

And yes, you cannot disprove nor prove the truth of John Titor's narrative. You don't have evidence that he's lieing, you don't have evidence of what he says is not true; on the contrary, many of his acclaimed theories are proven to be accurate. As for the theoriest that have gone astray, I feel that John Titor's theory on world lines (which you also cannot prove nor disprove) can support and give backup. Going back to the main topic. I, personally, am neither a supporter nor a critic of John Titor. With that said, I feel that I should back up John Titor in this case since the statements that you have claimed in the original thread was both outrageous and careless. To quote, "I am a self-proclaimed, self-important, unquestionable Expert on the John Titor Saga Hoax. I have done extensive research on this subject (that is I have read the posts) and I have written on it( I will post pictures of this post later). I will submit, for peer review here, my Expert opinion on who I think I know was John Titor." Embarrasing. This itself proves how far you have deviated from reality. Therefore, nothing that you have posted here shall be taken seriously by anyone.

imnotjk

Sean has a point there. I am also at a neutral stand point in this JT matter since I finished the anime Steins; Gate last week and discovered John Titor was a real person on the web back in 2000 from my curiosity. The maker of this thread certainly is embarrasing his cause. I do not think for a moment that anyone out there would actually spend their time researching and going as far as writing a research paper to disprove JT. Sigh.....

imnotjk

And peregrini. Do realize this. You are losing the debate no matter which perspective you observe this aruguement.

Peregrini

Sean;
Welcome to Paranormalis.
You are awakening a 6 month old thread that you perhaps didn't read thoroughly.
Peregrini, one point that I want to make, and I'm sure that you will also agree. Even though John Titor was a time traveler, I'm sure that his brain isn't scrambled since he can still transfer information through the web. Now onto the point that I want to make: Traveler is spelled with a -er and not -or. I'm sure if the name is actually a acronym, it would be John Titer instead of John Titor.

I said that in the first post on this thread.

John Titor was a pseudonym as in John Doe. A very common name John and Titor was representative of his being a 'Ti' me 'T' ravel 'or'. Ignore the fact that it should have been Titer. Pretty ingenious huh? This pseudonym was used by the poster to hide his real identity.

Stop creating BS drama when there isn't any. Funny that noone pointed this out. I wonder if you are trying to hid your damaged ego?

I'm really not sure what you mean here. Could you please expand on it.

Secondly, John Titor is one single person. In all of his chat messages and comments, his style of writing is the same. If there were multiple people controlling the avatar of John Titor, then it would have been near impossible as noone has the same style of writing.

Actually there are several writers collaborating on the TV shows you watch every day. They put all their ideas together and then write the show based on what they feel will work out the best for the audience. There is no way for anyone to know if there were more than 1 person in the room while JT was posting or chatting.
As a final note, this thread was started as a tongue-in-cheek rebuttal and meant to be humorous. Guess this shows why I'm not a Hollywood writer.:)

Sean

1. Welcome to Paranormalis. You are awakening a 6 month old thread that you perhaps didn't read thoroughly.

2. I said that in the first post on this thread.

3. I'm really not sure what you mean here. Could you please expand on it?

4. Actually there are several writers collaborating on the TV shows you watch every day. They put all their ideas together and then write the show based on what they feel will work out the best for the audience. There is no way for anyone to know if there was more than 1 person in the room while JT was posting or chatting.

5. As a final note, this thread was started as a tongue-in-cheek rebuttal and meant to be humorous. Guess this shows why I'm not a Hollywood writer.

1. There is no point in attacking my comprehension skills as I have read your original thread without holes. I would never have posted anything if I weren't careful in replying to the specific parts of your comments that I find uncanny.

2. I am very well aware that you told us to ignore the fact that it may well be Titer. I shall now narrate the two possible scenarios and repel then one by one. First scenario, in which John Titor spelled his own name wrong. In common sense this would not be plausible, but to make sure that I have completely deleted this scenario, John Titor is a person that understands complex physics concepts and can spell physics vocabulary with the utmost accuracy; adding to the fact that John Titor posted this name several times in several different forums, there is no chance that he will spell his name wrong every single time. Second scenario, in which John Titor purposely changed the acronymic spelling of Titer into Titor. This scenario is as implausible as the first due to the fact that I know several people with Titer included in their name, so there is no meaning in changing Titer into Titor. To weight this argument further, Pointing out microscopic details from specific arguments is the strategy that is commonly used in creating conspiracy theories. Therefore, in pointing out the "clever acronym" that John Titor supposedly "created" you successfully created a conspiracy theory against John Titor. As you are trying to disprove the theory of John Titor, you entrapped yourself into this mess of strings and strengthened the argument for John Titor.

3. I apologies for my rashness. The first quote that you have highlighted is a re-quote of your original statement. Since I do not have sufficient experience in this forum, I am not familiar with the concept of quoting. The second quote that you have highlighted was my satirical expression of my mental perspective of your effort to disprove John Titor; in order to complete this; you added opinionated phrases that are both unnecessary and offensive in a way differentiated from opinions to actualization of that of those who approve of John Titor.

4. Television shows are divided into several categories that I will not list completely in the following statement. First there are realities shows, in which drama of real life are reenacted in a controlled environment. Secondly, there are replays of classical movies. Thirdly, there are sports announcements and replays of games that preceded closely to that of its airtime. Fourthly, there are talk shows, in which one main talk’s person with a wireless device connected to those that of the "backstage" interviews, a specific subject. In this argument, I shall assume that you are relating to the latter of the four. First of all, I will say this in precedent to my argument: we have no evidence whatsoever that John Titor was the only time traveler that was supposedly "sent" back in time to 1975 to retrieve the IBM 5100 and happen to arrive in the year of 2000. Although TV talk shows are created by a production group, the exact show is presented from one person's mind, and therefore it is presented utmost with the voice style of one person, and the ideological style of multiple people behind the scenes. We can assume a scenario that is present in most of all TV talk shows. The person who is talking in the front does not actually understand any of the information presented, but rather, he is connected to a person in the backstage who hears all of the information that is received by the talking person and gives the talking person ideas of what to respond. With that said, it is possible that John Titor was followed closely by a group of followers but in fear of changing his proposed "divergence in the world lines", he alone was chosen to talk for the group. Therefore this argument is turned obsolete because the scenario of multiple subjects is and will not be disproven.

5(a). Disregarding the long block of text that I have drafted above, I strongly believe that in the future, there is no reason whatsoever for anyone to waste their time in disproving a subject that can neither be proven nor disproven due to the presence of meager evidence supporting either views. In fact, this evidence is so lacking that critics of both sides are gathering "evidence" from miniscule details, working up to even commenting on the creation of John Titor's name.

5(b). I may be a bit shallow in the specific subject area of the type of humor that you are referring to. Personally, from an amateur's perspective, I do not understand the humor that you have incorporated into this thread. Perhaps that is why I am taking this subject a bit too seriously. But if you are indeed writing this entire thread as a joke per say, then I believe the effort to prove John Titor a hoax has been dropped. Indeed I find the entire effort to prove John Titor a fake a bit unsettling seeing that this cause is desperate enough to take away the rights of an honorary black citizen residing in the United States and giving him crimes which he has not done. This entire cause has now been dropped because it has begun to violate the basic constitutional rights that every American is endowed with. In conclusion to my statement, I accept your implicit apology. This debate is now settled.

Peregrini

Posting tip: ( I stole this from you Samstwitch)
If you want to quote something from another thread you can 'highlight' the words you want to quote and click the quotation marks to the right side of the tool bar above the text box your are writing in.

You left out the TV programs I was actually talking about. The SitCom or situation comedy like Friends, Monk, Tyler Perry's house of Payne, etc. The Dramas like NCIS, CSI (everywhere), etc. Even the Cartoons, Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, etc. All these have many minds working together to give a character a personality.

I may be a bit shallow in the specific subject area of the type of humor that you are referring to. Personally, from an amateur's perspective, I do not understand the humor that you have incorporated into this thread. Perhaps that is why I am taking this subject a bit too seriously. But if you are indeed writing this entire thread as a joke per say, then I believe the effort to prove John Titor a hoax has been dropped.
Yes, it was 6 months ago.

Indeed I find the entire effort to prove John Titor a fake a bit unsettling seeing that this cause is desperate enough to take away the rights of an honorary black citizen residing in the United States and giving him crimes which he has not done. This entire cause has now been dropped because it has begun to violate the basic constitutional rights that every American is endowed with.
I have no idea where this is coming from.

In conclusion to my statement, I accept your implicit apology. This debate is now settled.
I didn't apologize and if you feel this debate is settled that's fine with me.

Hope to see you in more threads where we can talk again.