why are some more prone to hauntings than others

wanda

Just curious on thoughts to the above question. All my life I have been a spirit magnet if you will. Every house I have ever lived in I have had hauntings/experiences. Not the same kind, so I am sure that I am not being followed by one spirit in particular. Some have been benevolent...like I was haunted by a little boy named Timmy at one point. He often would find things when I asked him too and would "do" things to help around the house when I wasn't home. Some have been awful-demonic. People would visit and experience and see the same things, so it wasn't imagined. things flying across the room and into walls. screaming. pounding. a friend even saw me "pushed/thrown" in to a wall and have a glass vase thrown on to my head. When we taped in empty rooms a voice came on saying "she is mine". Some times I have been afraid, but not enough to leave. I am stubborn that way. When a seven foot blue/grey man (outline/no face or features) came and stood by my bed I was terrified, but I claimed the blood of Jesus and rolled over and went to sleep. I have American Indian in me...so I am sure there is some spiritualism in there. Plus I technically died when I was a child. Not sure if that has something to do with it too. I did paranormal investigations for awhile with a pro group, but quit. Every time we went to a cemetery, I had a shadow person come practically in my face. It got to be unnerving. I was just wondering if others have this issue and how they handle it.
wanda, A moment ago

BlastTyrant

We're all born spiritually aware of our surroundings but were taught by our parents and media to not believe in any of it so we naturally block it out as we grow older. Almost all children have a invisible friend or someone they talk to by them selfs, odd's are this is a ghost.

But some are naturally open to this so Spirits will seek them out for attention. Think of the show Ghost Whisperer, she has the ability to see them so naturally spirits seek her out " yes i know its a fake tv series but i am in love with Jennifer love hewit"

So yes, spirits are drawn to some more than others and in return are more haunted than others

Samstwitch

Mediums are people who have the ability to see spirits. Some are born with the gift and have it all their lives, like the boy character in The Sixth Sense. Some children and adults who are Mediums don't know they are, but they experience hauntings. That is one explanation for why some people experience more hauntings than others. This basically is the same thing BlastTyrant was saying.

Also, many people who have a Near Death Experience (NDE) report having the ability to see spirits/ghosts after their brush with death. They become Mediums after their NDE experience.

wanda

both good points. I wonder if there is a way to hone skills to learn to communicate with them instead of just seeing them and what they do.

Samstwitch

I wonder if there is a way to hone skills to learn to communicate with them instead of just seeing them and what they do.

Yes, there are ways of doing this. I don't know how successful it is though. I knew a Medium friend who received training at some school in England, but I don't know the name of the school. I believe it was a university or college. I'm sure with some research you could find other such places in the U.S.

Oh, I also just remembered...sometimes New-Age type of places offer classes for training in Mediumship.

tcoats64

both good points. I wonder if there is a way to hone skills to learn to communicate with them instead of just seeing them and what they do.
Hi Wanda, I'm Tim And You Have been In the same boat I Have lived All my Life, Just wanted To Let you Know that I Have A Blog Here On paranormalis.com and I Titled it "The Follower", And It's About How All My life That I feel Like I Have Spirits around me til this day
My Childhood Spirit-Friend Was Named Toby And No I Did Not Get That Off Of Paranormal Activity, For Some Odd Reason I Felt The Need to Chat With you so I Thought Go With it,, maybe We Could Figure This If We Shared What We Have Experienced Through Our Lives So If you Wouldn't Mind Going To my Blog and Telling A Little bit about Your Hauntings Cause It Might Help Jog My memory On Stuff That i Had Forgotten about Or help You with the same, If You Don't Mind?

wanda

If you believe, you will see. If you don't, you will be blind.

I have NO idea what you are talking about and beginning to think you are spouting. If you really had a word from God for me, then you would have details and wouldn't need to try to speak cryptic to make yourself seem more spiritual that you probably are.

Christ's Lamb

I have NO idea what you are talking about and beginning to think you are spouting. If you really had a word from God for me, then you would have details and wouldn't need to try to speak cryptic to make yourself seem more spiritual that you probably are.

I have left a message for you in private. I will tell you what I mean. Have you come to terms with your childhood abuse, or have you not?

wanda

I have left a message for you in private. I will tell you what I mean. Have you come to terms with your childhood abuse, or have you not?
I have come to terms with it, awhile ago. I have forgiven and moved on. It is a result of a fallen world, nothing more. I don't recall posting about that though. Very odd. But I have learned when you hold on to anger and unforgiveness you only are tearing yourself down and nothing more.