Debate Why Do Americans Hate Muslims?

Darshan

I am a dual Russian/US Citizen who lived childhood in Russia. I came to America for university and am shocked at the religious intolerance in this nation. America says of itself that all races and religions are excepted, yet show exceptional hatred to Muslims. The War on Terror is directed at Muslims. America use drones to murder innocent women and children in Islam majority countries such as Pakistan. America claims to be Christian majority,yet Christianity does not teach intolerance and violence. I will not lie and say Russia does not do wrong things,but we are Atheist majority and do not hide behind Bible.
Drones-kill-innocent-people.jpg

AAA

People are stupid.

Organized religion is only one example of systems that label, divide, and conquer people with their own nature.

People are often taught from birth to accept what they're told instead of using their critical thinking skills. They are indoctrinated into a religion premised upon a very irrational idea and are thus taught to rationalize. Combine that with a natural inclination to attach ego to everything, as well as religion to strong nationalism. Then promote and popularize an arrogant self righteous and gross ignorance of other ideas or a foreign culture. Present a real or perceived threat to either religion or nationalism, whereby the natural response will be to seek solidarity and to protect the collective ego and culture. And Viola', an Islamophobic Christian Nation.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
People are often taught from birth to accept what they're told instead of using their critical thinking skills.
This is exactly what I think the problem is. Religion, politics, way of life. We're all like that at one level or another and we are able to spot those who are even more conditioned than us.

Changing things and how you are isn't that easy.

walt willis

I don't hate Muslims at all, in fact I like how they think of our creator and worship him.

Now I do have a problem when they murder incent people that won't convert to Islam.

Also it troubles me to see females beheaded at the drop of a hat.

And there is the question of what sect to join as they seem to murder each other in an unholy way, and at a wholesale level too.

Other then that I love the Muslims.

TnWatchdog

I agree with Walt...I have nothing against Muslims or anyone else. My area is full of Muslims and people from everywhere else. We all need to get along but that won't happen because like AAA said, people are stupid. What I do have a problem with is the radical Muslims that will kill you if you don't convert. These radicals don't care if they die or live...stupid. While trying to eliminate this evil, innocent people die on both sides of the fence. We can try to look the other way but like a disease...if you don't treat it early it will only spread. These radical Muslims have been killing people since the beginning of time and won't end soon.

Last edited:

AAA

People are often taught from birth to accept what they're told instead of using their critical thinking skills.
This is exactly what I think the problem is. Religion, politics, way of life. We're all like that at one level or another and we are able to spot those who are even more conditioned than us.

Changing things and how you are isn't that easy.

I certainly agree.

Minus the religious aspects, I've exhibited similar behavior and way of thinking that I use to describe others.

Discerning the difference is what brought me out of it though I occasionally find myself exhibiting old habits.

It is a common struggle maintaining the reasoned and compassionate side of our humanity against a wicked world.

IroncladMarshmallow

Well, let's see. Aside from Africans and mexicans, muslims are one of the western world's biggest groups of illegal immigrants. They're dirty, uncivilized, violent, and they really want to kill us. They're opposed to everything that is good and sane. That's why we hate them.

The reason we go to war with them is because jews hijacked our government. They're historical enemies even though they share the same roots.

AAA

I agree with Walt...I have nothing against Muslims or anyone else. My area is full of Muslims and people from everywhere else. We all need to get along but that won't happen because like AAA said, people are stupid. What I do have a problem with is the radical Muslims that will kill you if you don't convert. These radicals don't care if they die or live...stupid. While trying to eliminate this evil, innocent people die on both sides of the fence. We can try to look the other way but like a disease...if you don't treat it early it will only spread. These radical Muslims have been killing people since the beginning of time and won't end soon.

Muslims are not much different than Christians or other cultures because they are only humans like anyone else.

They posses the same fundamental flaws and weaknesses within their nature and cultures as all of humanity does.

While cultures and ideologies vary, the problems are rooted within the selfish wicked side of our human nature.

Harte

The OP is actually wondering why Americans hate Muslims that attack the US and then hide amongst women and children (note the pic.)

As long as these sorts of cowards carry out attacks and hide among civilians, civilians will be killed.

The real question is, why don't Muslim extremists care about their own families and those of their neighbors?

If someone was shooting at me, I wouldn't grab up my daughter and use her as a shield. Would you?

The truth is, don't start nothin', won't be nothin'.

Harte

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Americans also hate Christians. Americans hate those who are different. Some Americans hate gays. The problem: HATE.

I experience it almost daily -- angry people. Impolite people. Unhappy people.

These are all SYMPTOMS of a VERY SICK GOVERNMENT.

Intolerance. Judgement. Hate. It's everywhere and I blame Uncle Sam for much of it.