Debate Why do many (but not all) Conservatives hate the environment?

Pix3l_P0w3r

@Pix3l_P0w3r - Have you ever considered the possibility that the Earth is hollow, and that the center of the Earth is inhabited by aliens? I believe that could be true.

I would highly doubt the center is hollow, otherwise it doesn't match up with a lot of theories on the formation of planets, and how our planet works, namely magnetic fields that protect the planet from the dangers of deep space. Evidence suggests the core of our planet is molten.

Now regarding alien life underground: that could be possible. It's not unrealistic to think that UFO's (whether they be aliens, or time travellers, or both) would have the ability to survive in multiple types of extreme environments provided that it travels through space-time and within the extremes of our own planet. Could there be aliens underground living in caves, tunnel systems, or habitats? I don't see why not. Does that mean they could possibly be living in the molten core somehow? Maybe. It would be speculative at best to assume so. My best guess to what aliens are, is either time travellers from such a distant future or divergent worldline that they appear to be aliens from another world, or they are aliens from another world in our worldline that have come from a far away place. Ideally, I'd like to physically travel to faraway places within our worldline, which could guarantee my return home. I would not want to travel interdimensionally without a guarantee I would arrive back at the same timeline. Even a slight divergence of worldlines wouldn't be sufficient for me to be content in making the decision to hop timelines. Perhaps it's fear or uncertainty that makes me feel that way.

Pix3l_P0w3r

@Einstein, actually one of my concerns was the melting of permafrost in the north. Is it at all possible that these are natural temperature changes, but our contribution is speeding things up substantially? That could easily explain why there are two heavily weighted sides to this debate.
No question it's both.

We are still "in" an ice age right now. It is unnatural for this planet to maintain a permafrost in the North indefinitely.

Current hype about this is really saying we need to keep the Earth status quo.
Problem is, status quo for the Earth is much warmer than we experience today.

Also, there isn't really any "status quo" for the Earth. Just because we say so doesn't work. What we're actually saying is we need to engineer the Earth to maintain our own ecological niche.

Had the dinosaurs done that, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Harte

Right now we have extremes of both heat and cold that make it difficult for us to survive indefinitely in either without advanced technology to create our own internal atmospheres, like we currently do in our domiciles with temperature control systems. I believe it would be ideal for any highly evolved race to find uninhabitable places to live, for if their technology is advanced enough they could survive almost anywhere, it guarantees their future as a species. What do you think about the notion of aliens living inside of the moon on bases, that are purportedly on the dark side so we can't see them without travelling in orbit? I've seen NASA footage videos of the dark side of the moon and it has some anomalies that could not be explained. Strange lights and debris like smoke coming from what seemed like unnatural structures. Hoax or fact, it presents an unknown which is what we find of particular intrigue.

Harte

@Einstein, actually one of my concerns was the melting of permafrost in the north. Is it at all possible that these are natural temperature changes, but our contribution is speeding things up substantially? That could easily explain why there are two heavily weighted sides to this debate.
No question it's both.

We are still "in" an ice age right now. It is unnatural for this planet to maintain a permafrost in the North indefinitely.

Current hype about this is really saying we need to keep the Earth status quo.
Problem is, status quo for the Earth is much warmer than we experience today.

Also, there isn't really any "status quo" for the Earth. Just because we say so doesn't work. What we're actually saying is we need to engineer the Earth to maintain our own ecological niche.

Had the dinosaurs done that, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Harte

Right now we have extremes of both heat and cold that make it difficult for us to survive indefinitely in either without advanced technology to create our own internal atmospheres, like we currently do in our domiciles with temperature control systems. I believe it would be ideal for any highly evolved race to find uninhabitable places to live, for if their technology is advanced enough they could survive almost anywhere, it guarantees their future as a species. What do you think about the notion of aliens living inside of the moon on bases, that are purportedly on the dark side so we can't see them without travelling in orbit? I've seen NASA footage videos of the dark side of the moon and it has some anomalies that could not be explained. Strange lights and debris like smoke coming from what seemed like unnatural structures. Hoax or fact, it presents an unknown which is what we find of particular intrigue.
I think it is an utterly asinine idea.

Foolish in the extreme.

Completely mindless and sophomoric.

Well, you asked.

Harte

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Here is a scale that may describe Harte's emotional bias.

tipped_scales.png

Pix3l_P0w3r

There are alien bases on the moon and the government knows about them. They are observers, watching over the growth of our civilization. They are our ancestors, mentioned as gods and angels throughout all of religion since their first visit.

Why do you think they had SO many Apollo missions to the moon, for seemingly no reason? Why did the last several Apollo missions (namely 20) happen in complete secrecy? This is why.