Why do UFO's have lights?

Justinian

So, I've been catching up on some UFO shows, and I start to think.. We (humans) use lights on our aircraft so that we can see each other while we're flying around. But if you're a magical race of master beings from another planet (or from inside this one) then why would you need something so primitive as lights on the outside of your ship? I mean you can travel through space and maybe time, but you still need headlights? You want to remain a secret, but yet you broadcast to the world with all your pretty lights? Even us silly humans don't use lights on our secret aircraft. Nobody seems to be asking this question so I thought I would.

Jeremiah

I never really thought of that before. You bring up a very interesting point. If I had to venture a guess though.... I'd have to say that the lights as we see them may not be meant to be what we perceive them to be. Like maybe they're needed somehow, or. a byproduct of some form of energy they use, something like that. Of course it could be as simple as they don't want things running into them, but as you've stated, with their advanced technology why would that be an issue. Very cool topic I'm excited to see what others have to say!

BlastTyrant

I would think the lights are for when they want to be seen, i have heard storys of there being thousands of UFO's in our sky's at all times we just cant see them, some the size of football fields. But when they want to be seen they use the lights as a "hey lookey here" Since i know i am easily distracted by flashing lights i am sure it is the same for others. So when they want to be seen they use the lights when they don't want to be seen they don't.

Justinian

I thought of this.. but here's the catch. If you are purposefully making yourself known, then you should be intelligent enough to know who and when you are making yourself known to. So we're left with a few ideas from this:

1. The sightings of UFO's far out there that someone catches a glimpse of the tail end of a show or manuever as it veers off into wherever.

2. The distinct sighting where they show up for a couple/family/individual.. but it's probably the last person on Earth that it makes sense to show themselves to. Who is going to believe that, I, a normal guy saw a UFO? Or even care for that matter? Why not show themselves to a news reporter or some other public figure (other than Jessie the Body Ventura)?

3. Just because they have developed a flying saucer, maybe it doesn't necessarily mean they've advanced to a degree of not needing headlights on their world for whatever reason. I'm sure it's not 100% inconceivable that a highly advanced society could still not have figured out something that would maybe seem trivial or like a prerequisite before they'd get to interstellar travel.

4. If they really do come from inside the Earth, maybe it gets really dark in there?...

BlastTyrant

I thought of this.. but here's the catch. If you are purposefully making yourself known, then you should be intelligent enough to know who and when you are making yourself known to. So we're left with a few ideas from this:

1. The sightings of UFO's far out there that someone catches a glimpse of the tail end of a show or manuever as it veers off into wherever.

Most sightings are going to be Aircraft/Satellites/meteors, usually if you have spotted a UFO you know it.

2. The distinct sighting where they show up for a couple/family/individual.. but it's probably the last person on Earth that it makes sense to show themselves to. Who is going to believe that, I, a normal guy saw a UFO? Or even care for that matter? Why not show themselves to a news reporter or some other public figure (other than Jessie the Body Ventura)? -

This leads way back to MJ12 - Imagine the world wide panic and destruction that would occur if they were just to go "poof" we are here! By showing them self's to select individuals or even city's they can slowly intermingle them self's into our daily routines where seeing things in the sky isn't uncommon, I believe 2 months ago there were massive sightings in CA and florida, but the problem is this get's NO media attention, i mean a film crew could catch a clear UFO and next thing you know The long black car would be next to them and the story would get thrown aside. But we have scenarios such as Arizona lights and battle of los angeles that proves they are here and are showing them self's.

3. Just because they have developed a flying saucer, maybe it doesn't necessarily mean they've advanced to a degree of not needing headlights on their world for whatever reason. I'm sure it's not 100% inconceivable that a highly advanced society could still not have figured out something that would maybe seem trivial or like a prerequisite before they'd get to interstellar travel.

I wonder if they Hi-beam each other if they forget to turn their lights on?

4. If they really do come from inside the Earth, maybe it gets really dark in there?...

Now this i could see, needing the lights for traveling outside from the earths core.

Justinian

Those are all valid points, but it was just an idea I had that I had never heard anyone pose the question before.

Wee

I never really know what to think of UFOs. I saw a documentary a few years ago about seeing UFOs on a ranch in Washington state. I don't remember the name of the ranch, but they did catch some pretty wild activity. They caught something zipping across the sky very fast...and at first I brushed it off. I thought "Whatever, its a jet or some military aircraft", but then, the UFO zipped backwards just as fast...then went in a zig zag motion. It looked like a ball of light. You know when you were a kid, and you played with flashlights? You would point the light all over the place, well that is exactly what this was doing. I could not tell you what it was, but it was definitely unexplainable.

Justinian

But I bet they didn't ever once consider the reason behind why there were lights on it in the first place.

Falkon303

The craziest UFOs I ever saw looked just like stars. They were a solid light, and there were four in a square that rotated together, then combined in the middle together and blinked out after a flash. It made no sense to me other than the fact that UFOs are real.

When I started researching them, I came upon the theory that the Nazis attempted to develop UFOs (not confirmed).

After the war, under Operation Paperclip (totally confirmed Operation Paperclip - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ), the US recruited Nazi scientists. After that, UFO sightings started throughout the US.

I do believe there is extraterrestrial life, but I am curious how many of the sightings are man made secret government craft. The blinking lights would make sense for military.... The interesting thing is that it would make sense for the US to use the advanced craft in a war, so why haven't they? The only other time I saw a rotating light ufo, was on TV that was a show about ufos, which confirmed it was not in my head. So then I am back to square one again thinking "yeah. prolly aliens afterall.".