why fear the antichrist

Poison Pen

There are countless truly terrible people in this world without even the slightest bit of love in their souls, so there's really no need for some super villain "antichrist" figure. There are probably millions of people evil enough to qualify, and they come from all walks of life. Looking for the single most wicked person just lets people ignore the evil all around them.

Maybe the anti-christ is a collective group of individuals. Isis perhaps?

Could be.......But then the Muslims do not view this jesus in the same light as christians do.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
There are countless truly terrible people in this world without even the slightest bit of love in their souls, so there's really no need for some super villain "antichrist" figure. There are probably millions of people evil enough to qualify, and they come from all walks of life. Looking for the single most wicked person just lets people ignore the evil all around them.

Could be.......But then the Muslims do not view this jesus in the same light as christians do.

True, but it would be from our own perspective. The anti-christ may not know he is/they are the anti-christ.

And now that I think about it, a non-Christian would logically not believe in an anti-Christ, either.

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Often I stumble across online or in person, a devote Christian or other sect or belief or lack there of, that is concerned with the concept of the antichrist being present in the current time. It has puzzled me since childhood why in respect to the Christian perspective that it would be a concern. Did not the prophets fortell that it was a sign of the end times? That it would mean you as a Christian are one step closer to paradise..
Perspective is one of the best ways to look at an issue. Changing it and seeing it from different angles is often not done however.
Yes hardships are ahead of you if the antichhrist is on earth at this moment.. Yet instead of hiding from it. You should be joyful, for he is the begining of the end.
What is death compared to your eternal souls place in the afterlife?

Now as I have been raised from a Christian perspective, I would also like those of you who are not, to share your views on the topic. I'd very much like to hear what you have to say on the topic of the antichrist. not so much who you think it is or when he will come.. but why you fear him..
And when the time comes.. who wiould you stand and fight with if you had the choice?

You do realize any non believer could be an anti christ and its not just reserved for famous people?

2 John 1:7 - For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

This word only comes up in the NT...the specific word anti christ is only mentioned in the Books of John heres a link:

BIBLE VERSES ABOUT ANTICHRIST

So, it implies there is more than one. I think Nostradamus also mentions an antichrist.

Poison Pen

True, but it would be from our own perspective. The anti-christ may not know he is/they are the anti-christ.

And now that I think about it, a non-Christian would logically not believe in an anti-Christ, either.

Thats true a non christian is not going to buy this anti christ.....but only a non believer can be one. That non believer could be anyone that does not buy this jesus as being a savior and all that other stuff. But then again all this falls right back to the Battle of Megiddo better know as Armageddon where the forces of evil clash with this jesus and his good doers.

Poison Pen

Often I stumble across online or in person, a devote Christian or other sect or belief or lack there of, that is concerned with the concept of the antichrist being present in the current time. It has puzzled me since childhood why in respect to the Christian perspective that it would be a concern. Did not the prophets fortell that it was a sign of the end times? That it would mean you as a Christian are one step closer to paradise..
Perspective is one of the best ways to look at an issue. Changing it and seeing it from different angles is often not done however.
Yes hardships are ahead of you if the antichhrist is on earth at this moment.. Yet instead of hiding from it. You should be joyful, for he is the begining of the end.

Now as I have been raised from a Christian perspective, I would also like those of you who are not, to share your views on the topic. I'd very much like to hear what you have to say on the topic of the antichrist. not so much who you think it is or when he will come.. but why you fear him..
And when the time comes.. who wiould you stand and fight with if you had the choice?

You do realize any non believer could be an anti christ and its not just reserved for famous people?

2 John 1:7 - For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

This word only comes up in the NT...the specific word anti christ is only mentioned in the Books of John heres a link:

So, it implies there is more than one. I think Nostradamus also mentions an antichrist.

Most likely he does but I don't know. In my opinion yes there could be more than one I guess.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith

Nostradamus mentions 3 Anti christs

Napoleon, Hister (Hitler) and the 3rd shall rise from the East - Maddas

Poison Pen

Nostradamus mentions 3 Anti christs

Napoleon, Hister (Hitler) and the 3rd shall rise from the East - Maddas

Thanks. Hitler never fit the bill of an anti christ because he was a believer....Napoleon I don't know but I would say I don't think he was either. As far as the third who knows? Middle East?

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Who says the Antichrist is a non-believer? (Not trying to be smart, I honestly am curious) Is that what the Bible says? I think a true Antichrist would be a believer... Someone who has sway, someone to lead others to do bad things, all in the name of good, or even God...

Nak Sae Glim

the original hebrew anti and Christ broken down is
Anti - replacement, substitute
Christ- saviour, sovereign, King
Basicly he is replacing the king opionted. He brings world peace for seven years.. then the final battle between his followers and the true kings.
And he is specifically referenced as not only an individual but also a male.
Depending on the translation obviously

However he is to be helped by "beasts" these however are given seven heads and crowns ect.. which likely refer to secondary kings or countries.. even potentially corperations.