why fear the antichrist

Poison Pen

Who says the Antichrist is a non-believer? (Not trying to be smart, I honestly am curious) Is that what the Bible says? I think a true Antichrist would be a believer... Someone who has sway, someone to lead others to do bad things, all in the name of good, or even God...

2 John 1:7 - For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

John makes it pretty clear in the verse above.. Bolding and underlining my doing.

Someone who has sway, someone to lead others to do bad things, all in the name of good, or even God..

Anti Christ is not a do gooder and not out for a god or gods approval. Anti Christ is purely a christian term. Some of the christian systems of belief have it that this Jesus the Messiah will appear in the Second Coming and face the emerging anti christ who is suppose to be the greatest false messiah in christianity. Jesus is suppose to be the supreme model for christianity (mankind), the anti christ is the supreme model of evil......

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Who says the Antichrist is a non-believer? (Not trying to be smart, I honestly am curious) Is that what the Bible says? I think a true Antichrist would be a believer... Someone who has sway, someone to lead others to do bad things, all in the name of good, or even God...

Another new perspective. Yes, the anti-christ could believe Jesus exists but be against him.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
the original hebrew anti and Christ broken down is
Anti - replacement, substitute
Christ- saviour, sovereign, King
Basicly he is replacing the king opionted. He brings world peace for seven years.. then the final battle between his followers and the true kings.
And he is specifically referenced as not only an individual but also a male.
Depending on the translation obviously

However he is to be helped by "beasts" these however are given seven heads and crowns ect.. which likely refer to secondary kings or countries.. even potentially corperations.

There are many 7's mentioned in Revelations. Do you think this is a code for something?

Martian

Another new perspective. Yes, the anti-christ could believe Jesus exists but be against him.
I'm not religious, but the bible does support that idea.

"You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder."
-James 2:19

AAA

Digital Dead Sea Scrolls at the Israel Museum, Jerusalem - The War Scroll

And I stood upon the sand of the sea,
And saw a beast rise up out of the sea,
And from his nostrils wafted foul and loathsome air,
And where he rose from the sea, the clear waters turned to slime,
And his body was covered with black and steaming stone.

And the woman clothed with the sun
Reached out her arms to the beast,
And the beast drew near and embraced her.
And lo, her skin of pearl withered beneath his foul breath,
And her back was broken by his arms of crushing rock,
And with tears of blood she sank into the pool of slime.

And from the mouth of this beast there poured armies of men,
Brandishing swords and fighting, one with the other.
And they fought with a terrible anger,
And they cut off their own limbs and clawed out their own eyes,
Until they fell into the pit of slime,
Screaming in agony and pain.

And I stepped to the edge of the pool and reached down my hand,
And I could see the swirling maelstrom of blood,
And the men therein, trapped like flies in a web.
And I spoke in a loud voice, saying,
"Brothers, drop your swords and take hold of my hand.
Leave off this defiling and desecration
Of she who has given thee birth,
And he who has given thee thy inheritance.
For you the days of buying and selling are over
And over, too, the days of hunting and killing.
For he that leadeth into captivity will go into captivity,
And he who kills with the sword must be killed by the sword.
And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn
Because no man buys their merchandise any more.
The merchants of gold, and silver, and precious stones,
And of pearls, and fine linen, and purple dyes, and silk, and scarlet,
And marble, and beasts, and sheep, and horses,
And chariots, and slaves, and souls of men,
All these things you cannot buy and sell,
For all is buried in a sea of blood
Because you have turned your back on your father and mother,
And worshipped the beast who would build a paradise of stone.
Drop thy swords, my brothers, and take hold of my hand!"

Poison Pen

Sim

I'm not religious, but the bible does support that idea.

"You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder."
-James 2:19

Simply put its good versus evil.....This whole scenario comes down the thing they call "Tribulation" in which this anti christ will rule for 3.5 years I think then this jesus and his horde of do gooders arrive to save the day by taking the saved if you will out of the grave and into heaven with him. Jesus supposedly spoke of this in the Olivet Discourse. Rather that meander on here is a link:

Great Tribulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AAA

In case anyone misunderstands the value of what I posted above, I'll elaborate a little.

The text of the Old Testament is known as the Masoretic Text. It was introduced to the New Testament between 700-1000 A.D., but originates from thousands of years earlier, much of it from Aramaic and/or Sumerian cuneiform.

In 1947, a shepherd boy went chasing after a stray goat near the site of the Qumran to discover the Dead Sea Scrolls written by the Essenes around 300-100 BC.

The Dead Sea Scrolls contain every book of the Old Testament with the exception of the Book of Ester. The DSS are a very close (much of it is exact) match to the Masoretic Text. This demonstrates consistency and/or accuracy of the Masoretic Text of the Old Testament and Judaism. It says that not much has changed over the course of so many years and/or between differing sects of Jews.

One thing to consider about the Essenes is they were a somewhat 'mystic' and very ancient sect of Jews who were the originators of 'End Times/Apocalyptic' prophecies. Within the DSS was a Hebrew text called "The War Scroll" sometimes referred to as the Essenes Book of Revelation.

When comparing The War Scroll to the Book of Revelation written by John on the island of Patmos, there are a few similarities, but otherwise they're rather different.

The War Scroll was written around 100-200 BC, while the Book of Revelation by John was written around 95-96 AD. This is a difference of 200-300 years.

The odd one out is The Book of Revelation. Everything else is fairly consistent. It says that John plagiarized and altered The War Scroll in Hebrew to produce The (Greek) Book of Revelation in The Bible. In other words; it suggests The Book of Revelation is bullshit and your fabled 'The Antichrist' is something else (...perhaps based on "Belial" and written to correspond with the prophecy of Daniel?).

Further, given the cryptic metaphorical ambiguous figurative nature of The Book of Revelation, it stands to reason that a literal interpretation is somewhat unreasonable inaccurate and simplistic. It can be (and is) argued that "The Beast" is not the same as "The Antichrist", that "antichrist" more closely resembles a spiritual concept rather than a single entity; hence "..There are many antichrists in the world..."