why fear the antichrist

Poison Pen

Trump's campaign has built up a head of steam all the polls show him having a huge lead over the other candidates but I think once the debates began people are going to sway away from him. His stance on Hispanics and deportation may hurt him in the long run how, hell I don't know I am not a Political Science nut.

owlcool

You do realize any non believer could be an anti christ and its not just reserved for famous people?

2 John 1:7 - For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

This word only comes up in the NT...the specific word anti christ is only mentioned in the Books of John heres a link:

BIBLE VERSES ABOUT ANTICHRIST

So, it implies there is more than one. I think Nostradamus also mentions an antichrist.

Nostradamus mentions 3 Anti christs

Napoleon, Hister (Hitler) and the 3rd shall rise from the East - Maddas
(Hitler was a Christian, he had the approval of the Church)
Could be.......But then the Muslims do not view this jesus in the same light as christians do.

True, but it would be from our own perspective. The anti-christ may not know he is/they are the anti-christ.

And now that I think about it, a non-Christian would logically not believe in an anti-Christ, either.

Thats true a non christian is not going to buy this anti christ.....but only a non believer can be one. That non believer could be anyone that does not buy this jesus as being a savior and all that other stuff. But then again all this falls right back to the Battle of Megiddo better know as Armageddon where the forces of evil clash with this jesus and his good doers.
"And all that other stuff"
What exactly does that consist of?
Believing at least God and Jesus exist?
Believing God, Jesus and the Holy Ghost exist?
Believing God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost and Satan exist?
Believing God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, Angels and Satan exist?
Believing God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, Angels, Satan and Devils exist?
Believing God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, Angels, Satan, Devils and Dragons exist?
Believing God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, Angels, Satan, Devils and Dragons exist, and the World was created 6,000 years ago and evolution is a Hoax?
Believing God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, Angels, Satan, Devils and Dragons exist, and the World was created 6,000 years ago, Evolution is a Hoax, the first Woman was made from a Man's rib and the first Man was made from Dust?
Believing God, Jesus, the Holy Ghost, Angels, Satan, Devils and Dragons exist, and the World was created 6,000 years ago, Evolution is a Hoax, the first Woman was made from a Man's rib, the first man was made from dust and Women are meant to be Subservient to Men?

I shouldn't really need to go on. That book is Fiction.

Derrick C.

Often I stumble across online or in person, a devote Christian or other sect or belief or lack there of, that is concerned with the concept of the antichrist being present in the current time. It has puzzled me since childhood why in respect to the Christian perspective that it would be a concern. Did not the prophets fortell that it was a sign of the end times? That it would mean you as a Christian are one step closer to paradise..
Perspective is one of the best ways to look at an issue. Changing it and seeing it from different angles is often not done however.
Yes hardships are ahead of you if the antichhrist is on earth at this moment.. Yet instead of hiding from it. You should be joyful, for he is the begining of the end.
What is death compared to your eternal souls place in the afterlife?

Now as I have been raised from a Christian perspective, I would also like those of you who are not, to share your views on the topic. I'd very much like to hear what you have to say on the topic of the antichrist. not so much who you think it is or when he will come.. but why you fear him..
And when the time comes.. who wiould you stand and fight with if you had the choice?

Afraid? Nah. If you are a Christian, the existence of the anti-christ would prove everything you were taught to be true.
Besides, who said one couldn't fight him/her off, anyway? Why take it laying down? Hell no. Fight the mofo. LOL.
I'm Christian, but I don't fear it at all. I have a life to live. No time for fear.

Isn't he already in office in America, though? ;) LMAO

lol yup B.O=anti christ lol

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Often I stumble across online or in person, a devote Christian or other sect or belief or lack there of, that is concerned with the concept of the antichrist being present in the current time. It has puzzled me since childhood why in respect to the Christian perspective that it would be a concern. Did not the prophets fortell that it was a sign of the end times? That it would mean you as a Christian are one step closer to paradise..
Perspective is one of the best ways to look at an issue. Changing it and seeing it from different angles is often not done however.
Yes hardships are ahead of you if the antichhrist is on earth at this moment.. Yet instead of hiding from it. You should be joyful, for he is the begining of the end.
What is death compared to your eternal souls place in the afterlife?

Now as I have been raised from a Christian perspective, I would also like those of you who are not, to share your views on the topic. I'd very much like to hear what you have to say on the topic of the antichrist. not so much who you think it is or when he will come.. but why you fear him..
And when the time comes.. who wiould you stand and fight with if you had the choice?

Afraid? Nah. If you are a Christian, the existence of the anti-christ would prove everything you were taught to be true.
Besides, who said one couldn't fight him/her off, anyway? Why take it laying down? Hell no. Fight the mofo. LOL.
I'm Christian, but I don't fear it at all. I have a life to live. No time for fear.

Isn't he already in office in America, though? ;) LMAO

lol yup B.O=anti christ lol
I'm guessing you are referring to Barack Obama. Am I correct? If so, I agree that he is the Antichrist.

AAA

It is metaphorical

It is a figurative description of a Judaeo/Christian Gnostic concept of spiritual ascension vs a fall or decay. There's no evil dictator sea monster. There is no slave control chip. That is people's fear gone rampant.

I guess it could be about a particular context or real person, but I have a difficult time believing a popular hyped up interpretation of an evil world dictator as it doesn't seem feasible or realistic in terms of human nature or social structure.

One thing to also consider is that The Bible is chock full of mysteries and layered hidden meaning of metaphors, encryption using astrology, numerology, Gematria, Kabbalah, patterns, order, etc. and who knows whatever else. It could have simultaneous meaning applicable to different related contexts or settings.

I think it's good to not settle on one interpretation because someone said so, and to not let hype or irrational fears alter your perception. Why limit ourselves from so much possibility to consider beyond the box we have been taught to think inside of?

It may even turn in to being a good thing, if we work toward it.