Debate Why we should never time travel

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
Well, as much as I would hate to say this, it's true...
Humans should never, and probably will never time travel.
Even if it's for good intentions, it could be horribly bad.
Let's look at Hitler for example:
Now, as much as Hitler was a HORRIBLE person and all the things he did...
there were some things he did right.
This is my only point, but he helped Germany recover from World War 1. He helped create a thriving economy.
Now, you go back and kill Hitler, and Germany never has a thriving economy. 1st, let me just say, WW2 was inevitable, it would've happened eventually, Hitler just kinda made it happen faster. So, not only does Germany collapse, but WW2 gets delayed, which could have an EXTREME butterfly effect. Also, there's no point in doing it...
Let me tell you the amount of problems you'd solve in 2016 by killing Hitler
If anything it might be -5. Like, let's be real here, for all you people doubting me and yelling "MIDDLE EAST". Soooo... think about it. HOW WOULD KILLING HITLER SOLVE ANY OF OUR PROBLEMS RIGHT NOW.
Let's look at the top 10 problems of today's world according to voters (The 10 most critical problems in the world, according to millennials)
10. Unemployment rate... How would killing Hitler help the unemployment rate?

9. Water security... Once again, HOW DOES THAT HELP

8. Lack of Political Freedom... OK, I admit this one is arguable, but no not really.

7. Lack of Education... Do I need to even say it?

6. National Security... Yea, nobody is saying "HITLER CAUSED THE MIDDLE EAST TO COLLAPSE"

5. Government Corruption... Although Hitler sort of did this, HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT TODAY, I DON'T THINK ANY LEADER WAKES UP AND SAYS, "I WANNA BE AS CORRUPT AS HITLER"

4. Poverty... Just... no

3. Religious Conflict (Middle East)... Once again, Middle East.

2. Wars... Nope

1. Climate Change... HOW DOES ONE CONNECT HITLER WITH CLIMATE CHANGE

Although your intentions may be good by killing Hitler, it just really helps no one. We shouldn't time travel, somebody will make a mistake like that with good intentions.

Butttt, if you are determined, I have 2 tips

1. DO YOUR RESEARCH

2. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING

Anyways, hope you agree :D

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Not to be offensive or anything, but it seems like all you're focusing on in regards to changing history is the idea of killing Hitler. Yes, I agree that killing Hitler would be a bad thing. But what about history repeating itself? I would know better than to kill Hitler, but have you considered that there may actually be things in history worth changing? I can point to articles within Paranormalis I've written, and if you'd like, I'll bring them up, yet again, in case you haven't noticed them yet.

AlienWeaver

Now this made me scared alot except for good old times between 1984-2009.

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
Not to be offensive or anything, but it seems like all you're focusing on in regards to changing history is the idea of killing Hitler. Yes, I agree that killing Hitler would be a bad thing. But what about history repeating itself? I would know better than to kill Hitler, but have you considered that there may actually be things in history worth changing? I can point to articles within Paranormalis I've written, and if you'd like, I'll bring them up, yet again, in case you haven't noticed them yet.
I just used him as an example, there are so many more examples where you could have good intentions but do a bad thing. Hitler just seemed like the best example

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
there are so many more examples where you could have good intentions but do a bad thing.
And I agree, I'm certain there are. You just have to plan properly, depending on what you want to change, of course. Personally, I plan on meeting with technologically-advanced ETs sometime in the future to discuss the notion of changing history, as it is something I would like to pursue.

But anyway, the point I was trying to make was that although changing history with good intentions can result in something bad, doesn't mean that one should completely reject the idea of changing history. ;)

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
there are so many more examples where you could have good intentions but do a bad thing.
And I agree, I'm certain there are. You just have to plan properly, depending on what you want to change, of course. Personally, I plan on meeting with technologically-advanced ETs sometime in the future to discuss the notion of changing history, as it is something I would like to pursue.

But anyway, the point I was trying to make was that although changing history with good intentions can result in something bad, doesn't mean that one should completely reject the idea of changing history. ;)
And that's y I said what I said at the ens

Nine Divines

No, even if you do plan ahead most of the time it won't work. Have you ever heard of the butterfly effect and worldlines/ world timelines? I will try to explain to you why time should never be messed with. The butterfly effect is a metaphor that implies that any choice a person makes can both change the worldsline or the person itself. An Example of changing the worldsline would be killing Issac Newton or Albert Einstien and erasing their existance from history. An EXAMPLE of changing yourself would be to murder someone or something else. Worldlines are basically in simple terms, a Worlds TImeline. It can change ever so quickly and dramatically. If someone from this world were to travel to anothers timeline and meet a future or a person from the past it can dramatically change yours or theirs Worldline. If you were to time travel to the future and meet a future person from the same world line it almost would definitely alter this worlds line for better or for worse.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
@Nine Divines - I must admit, not all change is good. However, not all change is bad either. Alas, the human mind isn't perfect; everyone makes mistakes.

I'd bet my life savings that there are plenty of instances where major, revolutionary changes have been rejected and warned against, with the naysayers claiming that it would lead to disastrous consequences, and the changes turned out to be far more good than bad. To think with 100% certainty that history should never be changed, with a 100% certain guarantee of disastrous results, is a sign of overconfidence verging on arrogance.

Unless I can see what would happen as a result of historical change with my own eyes, I can't accept never being able to change history, for I happen to be one willing to do so.

I'm just stating my opinion. I respect yours, but how do you explain history constantly repeating itself, with the same mistakes occurring over and over again like a broken record?

Nine Divines

@Nine Divines - I must admit, not all change is good. However, not all change is bad either. Alas, the human mind isn't perfect; everyone makes mistakes.

I'd bet my life savings that there are plenty of instances where major, revolutionary changes have been rejected and warned against, with the naysayers claiming that it would lead to disastrous consequences, and the changes turned out to be far more good than bad. To think with 100% certainty that history should never be changed, with a 100% certain guarantee of disastrous results, is a sign of overconfidence verging on arrogance.

Unless I can see what would happen as a result of historical change with my own eyes, I can't accept never being able to change history, for I happen to be one willing to do so.

I'm just stating my opinion. I respect yours, but how do you explain history constantly repeating itself, with the same mistakes occurring over and over again like a broken record?
History will always repeat itself in someway if on the same worldline even if a different worldline branch is formed. Try to think for a minute. I will call this worldline ALPHA and another one called BETA. ALPHA and BETA are both original worldlines, which can have completely different historys. If a person was to break off worldline ALPHA attractor fields and get to BETA's attractor field history is rewritten, but it would need a big enough event to happen. History will keep repeating like a broken record like you stated until we can access BETA's timeline, but it could be totally different from ALPHA's worline because its a different original timeline. It could be the end of the world ect. Also I did say that even if planned time travel could prove to cause trouble in the time space continuim, but i did let my arrogance cloud my judgement.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith

History will always repeat itself in someway if on the same worldline even if a different worldline branch is formed. Try to think for a minute. I will call this worldline ALPHA and another one called BETA. ALPHA and BETA are both original worldlines, which can have completely different historys. If a person was to break off worldline ALPHA attractor fields and get to BETA's attractor field history is rewritten, but it would need a big enough event to happen. History will keep repeating like a broken record like you stated until we can access BETA's timeline, but it could be totally different from ALPHA's worline because its a different original timeline. It could be the end of the world ect. Also I did say that even if planned time travel could prove to cause trouble in the time space continuim, but i did let my arrogance cloud my judgement.
I'm not sure if I can agree 100% with this. But I respect your opinion, though I'll stop watching this thread for now. For you and other members, have a nice debate. :)