Window roundelles

Thalassa

A few months ago I bought a window roundelle of a Tudor Rose, in case you don't know what it is, please click the link (Decorative Hand Painted Stained Glass Window Sun Catcher/Roundel in a Medieval Tudor Rose Design.: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home). I put it in the spare room as I already have a dragon one on my bedroom window. All was well, and good until I bought an Anne Boleyn one from Hampton Court Palace, and put it next to it. A few hours later I came in to find that the Anne roundelle was lying on the floor. Okay, it was new, maybe it had just slipped down - BUT, what was weird about it was that it hadn't just fallen down, it had been thrown down and it was on the floor. Had it just fallen down, it would have fallen on a pile of books and then come to lodge behind a statue that is in front of the books. In order for it to have fallen on the floor in that position, it had to have been taken down. One morning I came in to find that both of them had been taken down and where lying side by side on the floor, another morning (and the last time it happened), I came in to find that the Anne roundelle was lying on the floor with the little plastic hook that you put it on neatly placed around the chain that connects them both. Say what you want, but there is no way that it could have fallen down and land like that. In short, for them to fall off the window and onto the floor means that they have to physically miss not only the books piled on the chest of drawers, but also a statue in front of the books, and the chest of drawers itself.

A strange coincidence happened later that day. My boyfriend sent me a link about something called "Anne Boleyn's songbook" which is a collection of music thought to have been assembled by Anne with a song that they think she composed in the Tower (I have my doubts on that) at the end. I booked my ticket, and since then everything has been quiet in that room. I have also put some more books in the pile so that the Anne roundelle is now pinned to the window.

This is not the first time that odd things have happened in that room. My boyfriend had the cat basket thrown at him from the top of the cupboard (and there is no way that the cat or anything else could have been up there), and we have both heard the sounds of things falling down in there, only to find that nothing is out of place.

Last edited:

Martian

I had to look up "cat basket", as I had never heard of it before.

cat-bed.jpg

That's amazing. :D

Interesting story, too, by the way.