without the due respect for one another...

Carl Miller

Whenever i have gone across the virtual world of websites and forum discussion I have seen contradiction misunderstanding people taking sides, 'us and them' and so on , so forth.

I confess that i am a survivor. Starting at the very beginning of the internet and i am still! alive and kicking.

Internet trolls we've had a lot. So that the parade would not stop we tried to see them as artists, as internet clowns and we went on discussing whatever or whichever had to be discussed, from life to death, from nothing to something.

Without the due respect we owe to one another , we won't go 'that' far. I make a point here and if you fell here for curiosity or whatever other reason, please do not hasten to respond to that. First think up, reflect first, and consider that respect is condition sine qua non in any, i said any internet discussion.

If we have to laugh, sunshine, let's laugh together. No way laughing at one another. We may be interested in spirituality or the paranormal, in cryptozoology and apparitions, name them.

The interest for these weird subjects do not make a clown out of us. So, if you are not interested in the paranormal, it's best leaving us alone with our musings and discussions. There are other websites. There are the circus website and a special sessions for clowns.

Do not hinder our discussion with cynicism, arrogance, mockery, cruel unreasonable shameful scepticism. Anyway, even in a post like this one, an opinion is only one opinion. We have freedom of speech as long as we are ready to respect the opinions of others.

What i do not wish for another member , i do not accept for myself. I can be a paranormal, but in my paranormality i do not intend to sound a clown.

Snow

Whenever i have gone across the virtual world of websites and forum discussion I have seen contradiction misunderstanding people taking sides, 'us and them' and so on , so forth.

I confess that i am a survivor. Starting at the very beginning of the internet and i am still! alive and kicking.

Internet trolls we've had a lot. So that the parade would not stop we tried to see them as artists, as internet clowns and we went on discussing whatever or whichever had to be discussed, from life to death, from nothing to something.

Without the due respect we owe to one another , we won't go 'that' far. I make a point here and if you fell here for curiosity or whatever other reason, please do not hasten to respond to that. First think up, reflect first, and consider that respect is condition sine qua non in any, i said any internet discussion.

If we have to laugh, sunshine, let's laugh together. No way laughing at one another. We may be interested in spirituality or the paranormal, in cryptozoology and apparitions, name them.

The interest for these weird subjects do not make a clown out of us. So, if you are not interested in the paranormal, it's best leaving us alone with our musings and discussions. There are other websites. There are the circus website and a special sessions for clowns.

Do not hinder our discussion with cynicism, arrogance, mockery, cruel unreasonable shameful scepticism. Anyway, even in a post like this one, an opinion is only one opinion. We have freedom of speech as long as we are ready to respect the opinions of others.

What i do not wish for another member , i do not accept for myself. I can be a paranormal, but in my paranormality i do not intend to sound a clown.

Yeah Carl Miller. I get it. Most of us range mildly intrigued to seriously obsessed about topics that don't find open discussion anywhere in our offline lives. It is a delight to come here and have discussions with people who will at least entertain your ideas.

Everywhere I have been on the internet, there is a segment of the membership that seems to be there only to disrupt an open discussion. There is also a bully or two who likes to single someone out and stalk their postings just to ridicule them.

I wish it were different. I'm not sure "what cynicism, arrogance, mockery, cruel unreasonable shameful skepticism" you are referring to - I guess I'm not reading enough - but it used to be worse here, believe me. I'm sorry to report that the more active and popular the forum becomes the more trolls it will attract. It is up to admin how bad it can get - sometimes the admin is the main "hater" - thankfully, that isn't true here anymore.

I am the same - I do not intend to sound a clown!

Carl Miller

@Snow
You said it, Snow. That is the point. Lately i had been reading a book by Stephen King_ The Dead Zone. The protagonist is John Smith an English teacher who became a paranormal after a car crash.
Most contradictorily and defying our comfort zone the real visionary from the story was someone considered to be the freakiest in all the characters.

Lady Vera, the mother of John, who was a religious fanatic always scolded by her husband "Shut up, Vera, for heaven's sake". He used to tell her.
But Vera insisted warning John not to step back to fulfill what 'the Lord' had in mind for him.
Vera proved to be the most sane character at the end of the story although the author arranged so that we, readers, took her as the onwner of the wildest fanaticism and imagination.
We tend to judge things imperfectly moved by and influenced by the mainstream media and 'the good old common sense'.
Actually we are reproducing values imposed by those who wish to keep us ignorants so that they can manipulate us better.
Just like Vera in Stephen King's fiction i have a nephew who is mental disabled from his craddle. He is about
34 year old now. Working as a life savior for 13 years now habitually sitting by the swimming pool and keeping vigilant for all these years.
During all these years people just laughed at him, poor thing because it is never difficult to see that he has a mental problem.
Last week a boy was drowning in the middle of the swimming pool and my lovely freak nephew saved his life.
He got a medal from his heroic 'feat'. Just imagine how the boy's parents thanked him for saving the life of their son!
And we insist in being so arrogant in assuming that we can judge people and circumstances from the viewpoint of our ignorance. That is what i think.