Woodwoose? Irishman Spots Unknown Two-Legged Creature in Mountain Range

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
NORTHERN IRELAND — A man says he has spotted an unknown creature walking on two legs in a Northern Ireland mountain range.

13603258478sp4e.jpg

The man, an avid hiker in his 50s who chose to remain anonymous, said he was exploring an isolated area of the Sperrin Mountains in December 2015 when he came upon the unidentified creature.

“I had walked to three hill tops surrounded by dense forest and was heading back up a hill towards a tree line to my car,” he told Debbie Crossley Hatswell, who has been investigating the Bigfoot phenomenon in the United Kingdom for a few years.

The Irishman claims he saw the being moving behind him as he approached his vehicle.

“It was walking heading down the hill towards me on a route I had just taken, one kilometer away,” he explained. “The area I walk in was wet but no river with some very marshy ground on my first hill near my starting point up past two forests. The hill is known as Carnelly West Top and is 505 meters high. The big thing was coming towards me as I left Carnelly West Top and was walking towards Mullaghbane summit.”

The alleged creature was described as being about 8 foot tall and “walking on two legs”. The eyewitness did not provide a color or approximated weight but added that it was “very large” and that it resembled nothing he had never seen before.

“I have been hiking since 2004 mostly alone and all over Ireland. I am not easily spooked but I did not hang about, as I am of the opinion if it wanted to, it could have caught up with me easy,” he explained.

The man, claiming to be an experienced hiker, said he wasn’t carrying binoculars in his backpack that day but that the bipedal creature was not a human being.

“I had great visibility and I know about the optical illusions and what lone trees can give when walking. I have pondered this for a while now but I have not a clue what it was to this day, as I see people on the hills and mountains at various distances.”

Hatswell, who claims to have come upon a Bigfoot-like animal in the 1980s, told Cryptozoology News that the man is a known wanderer in the United Kingdom and that he is serious about what he purportedly saw.

“He knows how people look from the same difference, he just kept repeating it couldn’t have been a person. It was too big and it walked thru the swamp like it was nothing,” said Hatswell.

Last month, a couple in Northern Ireland reported seeing a similar creature in Ballyboley Forest.

The Woodwoose, also known as the Wodewose or the Wild Man, is a mythical creature the equivalent of the North American Bigfoot present in European literature from the Middle Ages. Critics believe that inaccurate accounts of possible apes written by explorers and travelers in that time period may have been responsible for the creation of the myth.

In the summer of 2013, a hiker in Canada recorded a video taken at a long distance containing a bipedal creature many viewers referred to as a Sasquatch.

Meanwhile, the Irishman, while not completely sure as to what he really saw on that winter day, says he doesn’t want to rule out anything.

“Most wild creatures are very cautious and secretive and rarely seen,” he explained. “I would like to see camera traps being set. I don’t know what I’ve seen, as I see deer and quad bikes on the mountains regularly along with hikers, dogs and runners depending where I walk. All I can say the ‘thing’ I seen, for want of a better word, was out in the open following a fence down a hill I had just left in the same direction and it was moving fast on two legs,” he said, adding that he has walked over 300 mountains in Ireland and seen things he could always name, but that this “view” was “totally different”.

The Sperrin Mountains, a region with a population of 150,000, is considered the largest upland area in Ireland and, due to its landscape value, has been designated an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.

The post Woodwoose? Irishman Spots Unknown Two-Legged Creature in Mountain Range appeared first on Cryptozoology News.