World war 3

bigpimpin

World war 3

Hi, I am new here, but anyways yesterday on the news I heard that N. Korea launched a missle into the sea of japan. Then on the news a govenment official was talking about how much of a threat N. korea and Iran are to us. Do you guys think this can be a sighn of a future war?

Lucidus

Re: World war 3

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"bigpimpin\")</div>
Hi, I am new here, but anyways yesterday on the news I heard that N. Korea launched a missle into the sea of japan. Then on the news a govenment official was talking about how much of a threat N. korea and Iran are to us. Do you guys think this can be a sighn of a future war?[/b]

In my amateur geopolitical opinion, I don't think so. Most states that pursue nuclear technology only do so that that will have a deterent to attack. The U.S. gov't has done some pretty loud sabre rattling lately and N. Korea is probably just trying to defend itself.

binary

Not enough diplomatic turbulence to really set off any alarm bells. But leave it to the Bush gov't to sound 'em anyway. World War III... mmm let's stop using the phrase, yeah. Actually I have more hope for humanity now than I ever did... I just think we're going to have some major hurdles to work through, but I think if we can survive another 100 years, we'll be able to reach peace with one another permanently. Just an opinion.

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"binary\")</div>
Not enough diplomatic turbulence to really set off any alarm bells. But leave it to the Bush gov't to sound 'em anyway. World War III... mmm let's stop using the phrase, yeah. Actually I have more hope for humanity now than I ever did... I just think we're going to have some major hurdles to work through, but I think if we can survive another 100 years, we'll be able to reach peace with one another permanently. Just an opinion.[/b]

Interesting opinion Binary. After 8,000 years of constant warfare you think we may be able to achieve peace. I wish I could be so optimistic but I have actually come to believe that war is the natural condition for humans. Anyway, I hope that you are right and I am wrong.

bigpimpin

Yah, I hope we dont go to war too, but they didnt say what the missle was used for. It could have been a test missle or maybe it was meant to hit somewhere else.

Hemoman

Hi, I am new here, but anyways yesterday on the news I heard that N. Korea launched a missle into the sea of japan. Then on the news a govenment official was talking about how much of a threat N. korea and Iran are to us. Do you guys think this can be a sighn of a future war?[/b]

It was a test missile. They've previously launched several missiles into the sea of japan and into the pacific ocean. Basically they're testing short to medium range ICBM's testing their accuracy and effectiveness. It also serves to alert everyone in the community that they have the ability to send them to ahem.... certain targets within a particular area of the world.

They don't haev nukes yet but they're working on putting a nuclear warhead on one of their ICBM'S. I doubt it will spark world war 3 by itself. If they attacked the US with one we'd nuke them into utter destructionso they won't do that. THey'll have about 7 or 8 at first, unless they're gigantic bombs they don't pose too much of a threat.

The people they're putting off the most are japan, china and the us. If it attacked any of those three with nukes then korea would be incinerated entirely before they kenw what hit them, as such they will not bomb anyone because it would mean M.A.D - Mutually Assured Destruction for them.

I would be more concerned about WWIII coming from the formation of the EU and how it will affect geopolitics and the rising infamy in the US governments and Russia.

DWOMT

The only way mankind will ever find peace and unite is when Aliens either present themselves to us, or attack. That's the only way it will happen.

Hemoman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"lucidus\")</div>
Interesting opinion Binary. After 8,000 years of constant warfare you think we may be able to achieve peace. I wish I could be so optimistic but I have actually come to believe that war is the natural condition for humans. Anyway, I hope that you are right and I am wrong.[/b]

There will always either be -

.multiple governments with constant selective wars between various nations
.2 governments constantly at war with intermittent peace
.one government in constant civil war with intermittnet peace
.no body left in humanity

pieceofaman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"DWOMT\")</div>
The only way mankind will ever find peace and unite is when Aliens either present themselves to us, or attack. That's the only way it will happen.[/b]

co-sign

headiebean

i got news for ya, we are at war right now. it just might be a sign that someone else is entering.