Would You Tell Your Friends About It?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I would think it would be dangerous. But then there is the element of belief. People would actually have to believe in the existence of a time machine.
What if you just plum don't believe in time? Would there be any perceivable danger from that vantage point?

I tend to put all my beliefs in the story or more aptly called the entertainment section. But if one of those beliefs becomes verified, it is no longer a belief. It becomes fact. So in my case, I really don't believe in time. Only because I put that in the verifiable fact category.

Do you see the crossover problem between belief and fact? Most people don't. And it does appear that our language concerning belief is deceptively designed to confuse most into believing a belief is the same as a fact.

I tend to put all my beliefs in the story or more aptly called the entertainment section. But if one of those beliefs becomes verified, it is no longer a belief. It becomes fact. So in my case, I really don't believe in time. Only because I put that in the verifiable fact category.

Do you see the crossover problem between belief and fact? Most people don't. And it does appear that our language concerning belief is deceptively designed to confuse most into believing a belief is the same as a fact.
Dammit, I wrote a relatively long reply to this! Where in earth's tarnation did it go?!

Einstein

Temporal Engineer

Dammit, I wrote a relatively long reply to this! Where in earth's tarnation did it go?!

Well, I have considered that reality only gets written for the real solipsist.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Not even on the Internet, not even here?

I believe we'd all have very good and understandable reasons to keep a time machine a secret from other people, even thought they're good people.

I guess it's just that dangerous in many ways.

Miniature

A pretty simple question here.

Let's say you have a time machine. We don't need to know how you got it, let's say some guy gave it to you on the street the other day.

Would you talk about it with other people around you? Would you tell your friends, or would you let us know on the forum that you got yourself a working time machine?

Why would you? Or why not? Is it dangerous, do you fear for your security?

At this particular moment in time, I would probably burn that mfr in a bonfire. If you asked me when I was in high school, I would have probably said that I would share it with all my friends and we would travel all over the place wreaking high school havoc.

I know damn well that there are many people abusing time. It's annoying and it's hurting everyone.