Your Last Paranormal Purchase

LisaTiffany

How often do folk on here buy books and the like on their favourite paranormal subjects and curiosities? Can you remember your last purchase? The postman just dropped off "Darkness Walks: The Shadow People Among Us" by Jason Offutt, and I've been meaning to read it for a while. As the title suggests it's about shadow people and talks about the different kinds of cases that have been reported around the world.

I also recently picked up the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot, I read and collect decks (Far too many) but this particular deck doesn't seem to stay in peoples collections for long. It covers a lot of Voodoo and Santeria figures and deities so it can be quite hard to understand but I've been reading up a lot lately on the belief structures/etc so I think I'll tackle it soon, most people don't hold onto the deck because it unnerves them but I think the artwork is pretty amazing. :)

New-Orleans-Voodoo-Tarot.png

bluejay_1919

Wow! That art is amazing. I could see why some find it too spooky...I'm sure some would look at it and immediately think "EVIL" hahaha but i love how colorful they are. And I wonder what all symbolism is going on there.

I've bought several paranormal books lately. When I get home I'll post them.

TnWatchdog

Does the Paranormalis bumper sticker I just purchased count?
Other then that I remember years ago getting a Tarot card reading, from a bookstore in Minneapolis, and almost bought a book on the Occult at the store but the lady giving me the reading said to put it back. She said it was a book that would bring evil into my life so I but it back as instructed. lol

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Does the Paranormalis bumper sticker I just purchased count?
Other then that I remember years ago getting a Tarot card reading, from a bookstore in Minneapolis, and almost bought a book on the Occult at the store but the lady giving me the reading said to put it back. She said it was a book that would bring evil into my life so I but it back as instructed. lol

Good Dog :)

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Been a while since I purchased anything Paranormal related apart from my Paranormalis Mug and Fridge Magnet!

Books I would imagine, 'Tracks in the Psychic Wilderness','Psychic Warrior' maybe. Possibly 'Conviction of a Time Traveler - the John Titor Story.' Its been too long but Kids take up all your time!

LisaTiffany

I just picked up another two decks, the Daemon Tarot is more of an oracle because it doesn't follow the typical tarot structure. It can still be used as a tool for divination. It uses the demons of the Le Dictionnaire Infernal (Infernal Dictionary), a legendary tome originally published in 1818 by French occultist Jacques Auguste Simon Collin. I won't be using it for readings though, I don't want that kind of energy in a personal or professional reading, but as a collectible I couldn't resist. The other deck is the Vision Quest Tarot. It's a slightly romanticised native american deck featuring lovely soft colours and deep meaningful imagery that follows the Aleister Crowley Thoth structure. I'll definitely read with this one, there are a few native american decks out there but none of them really appealed until now :)

tarothaul.jpg

Derrick C.

How often do folk on here buy books and the like on their favourite paranormal subjects and curiosities? Can you remember your last purchase? The postman just dropped off "Darkness Walks: The Shadow People Among Us" by Jason Offutt, and I've been meaning to read it for a while. As the title suggests it's about shadow people and talks about the different kinds of cases that have been reported around the world.

I also recently picked up the New Orleans Voodoo Tarot, I read and collect decks (Far too many) but this particular deck doesn't seem to stay in peoples collections for long. It covers a lot of Voodoo and Santeria figures and deities so it can be quite hard to understand but I've been reading up a lot lately on the belief structures/etc so I think I'll tackle it soon, most people don't hold onto the deck because it unnerves them but I think the artwork is pretty amazing. :)

New-Orleans-Voodoo-Tarot.png

my last paranormal book purchase was American Monsters By Linda Godfrey great book about all things that go bump in the night espically werewolves, im working on adding to my paranormal collection book and dvd etc. anyone have any suggestions for me????

LisaTiffany

I believe I have that book but haven't added it to the list just yet, I may have some werewolf titles in my collection but I can't remember any off hand, I do know I have a Werewolf book by Linda so she definitely covered the subject. I always enjoy anything by Rosemary Ellen Guiley and always find she puts in a lot of research. I also love anything by Brad Steiger as he covers a wide range of topics. You can't go wrong with either of them.

At the moment I'm trying to slow down a little, I ended up getting about 10 more books last week and 3 more decks, I know I have over 1000 books and just today spotted another deck I want so on it goes ..where it stops nobody knows :ROFLMAO: