‘Dinosaur’ Shows Up in South Carolina

Cryptozoology News

Cryptozoology Blog
COLUMBIA, S.C. — A dinosaur-like creature was reportedly spotted in South Carolina.

Columbia resident Anita Sullivan told Cryptozoology News she was driving with her husband on Interstate 20 on Nov 30 when they came upon the animal at around 12.30 p.m..

“We were headed eastbound, crossing the Broad River bridge. I was just looking out of the window causally and just happened to see what at first looked like a large snake moving slowly down the river, with his body moving slightly under the water,” said Sullivan. “It was coming north towards the bridge and it looked to the left as it came up, above the top of the water.”

The sighting purportedly lasted about 10 seconds and Sullivan says she was not able to snap a picture of the aquatic being.

“I was highly excited and freaked out! I didn’t think to take a picture.”

The long-necked animal was described as being black in color.

“It was finally breaking the surface of the water. I thought it was a baby dinosaur.”

But Nita says her husband, the driver of the vehicle, didn’t see it.

“I immediately told my husband and I wanted to report it, but he didn’t think anyone would believe me. He started calling my name, ‘Nita, Nita…’ as if I was crazy,” said Sullivan.

Three weeks ago, a man in Canada reported seeing a similar creature.

The Loch Ness monster was reportedly first seen in 1933 by Londoner George Spicer, who claimed to have seen “a dragon or prehistoric animal” carrying an animal in its mouth. Seven months later, Hugh Gray released a photograph containing the alleged Plesiosaurus. Subsequent photographs were produced throughout the years, although many of them were proven to be hoaxes or simply floating tree branches.

hugh-gray-nessie-photo.jpg

Hugh Gray’s “Nessie” photograph. 1933

In 2014, a man recorded footage of what he claimed to be the infamous aquatic monster in Scotland while staying at Foyers Bay Lodges.

The second largest city and capital of South Carolina, Columbia has a population of 135,000.

The post ‘Dinosaur’ Shows Up in South Carolina appeared first on Cryptozoology News.