‘Water Monster’ Spotted in Oregon

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
FAIRVIEW, Ore. — A 23-year-old believes an unknown creature is lurking the waters of the Columbia River.

Taylor E. Bagnell, a computer technician in Multnomah County, said on Monday he was fishing from a boat ramp dock at the Chinook Landing Marine Park when he and two other people pointed out the oddity on Aug. 19.

“It happened between 9:35 pm and 9:45 pm, when the majority of the last boats had came in,” he told Cryptozoology News.

The Oregon man says that he thought it was a log or a sea otter at first until it began moving.

“It drifted in slowly about 50 yards away, but then it swayed a bit and there were several sections on the topside, submerged, and it did it again turning sideways.”

The unidentified animal, he says, had a black and white “stripped long fins” on its back. They were only able to see it partially.

The sighting reportedly lasted about one minute.

“It caused me creepy feeling goosebumps… another witness to my left shrilled as it submerged in the water, section by section, like some kinda alien,” explained Bagnell.

He says he is sure that what he saw was not a sturgeon or a “freshwater crock”.

“Nothing really would have freaked me out more to have me guessing and reporting this. I haven’t seen anything like this before. Like in a tandem, one by one, just boop-boop-boop, so close right in the water… I was scared,” Bagnell said. “It looked out of this world.”

He did not provide any pictures of the purported animal, but he says he went with a camera the next day at about the same time and was only able to see a few sea otters.

The Chinook Landing Marine Park is a 67-acre area mainly dedicated to boating activities.

In late July, a Texas woman said she had encountered a similar creature while on a boat on the Sabine River.

The post ‘Water Monster’ Spotted in Oregon appeared first on Cryptozoology News.

Orpheus Rex

Have there been earlier reports than this of something in the area?

It's quite a ways from the sea, and near Portland. So, I don't think it would have probably swimmed that far up the river if it is a sea creature. And I'd expect it to be seen by other people in the general area before now if it is native to that section of the river.