05-05-05

05-05-05

As agreed I have arrived here at the date of 05/05/05.

Concerning our lengthy discussions of free will, I feel compelled to make the post as planned. Yes, the temptation to not post it is very strong, but I feel I must lest our incredible discovery never be made. Also, I believe that I do have freewill in this matter. However, I see from my print out of the original that the post has not changed at all. I have tried to exercise my free will and introduce a change, but some how I fail to do so. What do you do with a drunken sailor? What do you do with a drunken sailor? What do you do with a drunken sailor, early in the morning? I thought for sure that would do it, but alas, it was always there, I can remember reading it! (And thinking it was moronic) Did I write it from memory? It seems like I just came up with it. Am I destined to repeat this post in a closed loop, or does my past change as I type? I cannot say. Everything that I write seems new, yet I have complete memory of it, and I have the print out that proves that I have written it all before.

I have had ample time to prepare for this moment, but still I find that I cannot think rationally. If only I could calm myself and concentrate. This is advice wisely given to my less experienced self, yet clearly not taken.

The irony of posting it here in the ?Can you prove that I am not one?? is not lost on me. I remember well the first time I read this post and thought to myself ?what a ridiculous hoax.? How dismissive I was! I also remember well how stunned I was when I realized that I am the only who could have posted it. I felt ashamed and embarrassed by my own foolishness.

Now, I fall victim to my own arrogance. I have often bragged on this forum that I would soon be able to change the past, right the wrongs of history, win the lottery, blah, blah, blah?. ? I can change the past, it?s just a matter of will,? I said. Fool! You insignificant little insect; who are you to bend the laws of the universe to suit your own whims?

So here I am powerless to change even my own words as I type them. I should have paid more attention to the words that I now write. I feel that I have leaned something here. Become a better person perhaps, but I know now that my limitations are far too great to justify such an indulgence. To those who said that this would happen, you were right. I apologize.

The perfect place for this post would be in the ?Proved Hoaxes? as it has demonstrated itself to be the cruelest hoax of all. A hoax perpetrated by the universe itself on a vain and boastful child. The universe has opened all the doors to get me here, and I have blindly stumbled through each of them. I am but a mouse in a maze, dutifully pursuing the cheese of knowledge.

[font=&quot]But, I want to end this post on a more positive note and offer my less experienced self some advice that I know I will take and have taken to heart. Do not be discouraged; you are much closer than you think. You and a few other members here will soon put all the pieces together and have a great epiphany. [/font]

gl100

Re: 05-05-05

Interesting. The pity approach to time travel. Novel idea. With regard to the drunken sailor, you can either shave his belly with a rusty razor or throw him in bed with the captain?s daughter. Given you morose tone, I would recommend you opt for the latter and stay as far away from rusty razors as possible. Unless of course, she was the previous user of the razor.

So, take a shot of your favorite courage, dump the angst and let?s get this started. Why are you here? What is the purpose of your post?

StarLord

Sadly I have seen this post of yours before. Your ploy then was just as weak as your ploy now. Indeed, the passage of time from the moment I foresaw this has not strengthed your stance, nor my opinion. I also forsaw that you would not be posting long here for you will soon trip yourself up as is the proper demise for all that succumb to the dark side of prevarication.

Forget your pitiful plight and eschew your epic verbage, simply and plainly state what you offer in the way of proof.

Lucidus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>

Sadly I have seen this post of yours before. Your ploy then was just as weak as your ploy now. Indeed, the passage of time from the moment I foresaw this has not strengthed your stance, nor my opinion. I also forsaw that you would not be posting long here for you will soon trip yourself up as is the proper demise for all that succumb to the dark side of prevarication.

Forget your pitiful plight and eschew your epic verbage, simply and plainly state what you offer in the way of proof.[/b]

So are you saying that you forsaw that this post would be made Starlord? Or are you simply saying that you have seen this hoaxer or a similar hoaxer before?

WTF???????!!!!!!

Wow! It seems that I was right after all. Shortly after I made this initial post here I thought that nothing had changed, not even the post, and indeed it hasn't. The post is still just the same as the print out of it that I brought with me.

But other things have changed dramatically, and not just things after 05-05-05 but before as well!

My plan was to simply make the post and return to the present. When I tried however, I ended up here instead only about 20 days later. Strange.

Stranger still is the amount of changes that I have witnessed.

George W. Bush is in his second term here! In the "other" timeline Bush lost in 2000 to Gore, but won a narrow victory in 2004. The war with Iraq started in June of 2007. I would have never imagined that such a small change could have such a profound effect!

Also, this forum has changed dramatically as well. The Paranormal Network? I had a little trouble finding my original post. In the other timeline the forum progressed into more of a hard science forum focusing on the physics of time travel. I wonder what will happen if we don't make our discovery. This could be our first opportunity to study a real paradox!

I understand the implications of what has happened here. I only make this second post as evidence of my unexpected detour here.

And, I officially take back my apology. I was right! See TimeDawg, the past is alterable, and to a much greater degree than we thought it would be!

See you guys soon. I hope.:unsure:

Mudpuppy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"050505\")</div>
George W. Bush is in his second term here! In the \"other\" timeline Bush lost in 2000 to Gore, but won a narrow victory in 2004.

[/b]

Eegaads.....be thankful you derailed and switched timeline traintracks......Gore in any timeline would be unfortunate.

StarLord

Like I said in my first post, I have seen hoaxers like this before and if you will note, 555 has offered nothing of importance.

The device is working properly again. I realized that each use of it causes a a "ripple" and it must be recalibrated before each use.

Note the relation of this post to last one.

TD: Here is the proof you wanted.

When you were in sixth grade you owned a Boston Terrier named Socrates. One day when you were walking to school Socrates tried to follow you. You took him back home and thought for a moment that you should put him in the house because he could obviously get out of the yard. you worried though that left in the house all day he might poop on the floor and you would get in trouble. So you put him back in the yard.

When you got home from school that day you were suprised to see your mother home early. She told you that Socrates had been run over. The person who hit Socrates had taken him to the vet and the vet called your mother. Socrates died later that night.

You always blamed yourself and felt that you should have put him in the house.

Starlord: It was agreed that I should not repond to people here but given the amount of unexpected change that has already occured, I feel it is safe to ignore this policy.

So I will give you this; based on your avatar, you must be a Star Wars fan. George Lucas stated that ROTS would be the last Star Wars movie, but it isn't. Without spoiling too much, I will tell you that in Episode VII we learn that Darth Plagueis is not really dead and has a new apprentice of the Skywalker line.