100 year old Colonel Tom Moore Raises Over £30 million pounds For The NHS!!

TimeFlipper

EX Army Captain Tom Moore decided to try and raise £1000 for the NHS by walking around his large garden, aided by a walking frame, 100 times to celebrate his 100th birthday....Rapidly, news of his endeavour filled the internet and the £1000 mark was quickly passed, racing to £12 million pounds!..Captain Tom continued walking and £28 million pounds was achieved, that now stands at £30million pounds!!!...Since then Captain Tom stopped walking..

To honour Captain Toms achievement, the Army, upgraded Captain Tom to Colonel Tom Moore....Yesterday on his 100th birthday, the Airforce flew both a World War 2 Spitfire and Hurricane aeroplane, directly over his house....The story doesn't end there!!...Yesterday on his 100th birthday,, Colonel Tom became the oldest person ever to top the UK singles charts with the song, Youll Never Walk Alone, after teaming up with Michael Ball to raise even more money for the NHS!!!..

I will provide an update on how much money that disc makes for the NHS, although I have the feeling it will be even a few more millions of pounds!!...Many of us are now asking that Colonel Tom Moore should be awarded a Knighthood, which would give him the honorary title of, Sir Colonel Thomas Moore, after all there has been a few famous musicians receiving Knighthoods...Sir Mick Jagger, Sir Elton John, Sir Paul McCartney, to name but a few of them...Lets now have, Sir Colonel Thomas Moore :)

Last edited:

Angelface239

EX Army Captain Tom Moore decided to try and raise £1000 for the NHS by walking around his large garden, aided by a walking frame, 100 times to celebrate his 100th birthday....Rapidly, news of his endeavour filled the internet and the £1000 mark was quickly passed, racing to £12 million pounds!..Captain Tom continued walking and £28 million pounds was achieved, that now stands at £30million pounds!!!...Since then Captain Tom stopped walking..

To honour Captain Toms achievement, the Army, upgraded Captain Tom to Colonel Tom Moore....Yesterday on his 100th birthday, the Airforce flew both a World War 2 Spitfire and Hurricane aeroplane, directly over his house....The story doesn't end there!!...Yesterday on his 100th birthday,, Colonel Tom became the oldest person ever to top the UK singles charts with the song, Youll Never Walk Alone, after teaming up with Michael Ball to raise even more money for the NHS!!!..

I will provide an update on how much money that disc makes for the NHS, although I have the feeling it will be even a few more millions of pounds!!...Many of us are now asking that Colonel Tom Moore should be awarded a Knighthood, which would give him the honorary title of, Sir Colonel Thomas Moore, after all there has been a few famous musicians receiving Knighthoods...Sir Mick Jagger, Sir Elton John, Sir Paul McCartney, to name but a few of them...Lets now have, Sir Colonel Thomas Moore :)

View attachment 8986
[/QUOUTE
Okay.

TimeFlipper

View attachment 8986

Angelface239

Okay. I havent heard much about this disscuion until i came across on it on this site. To me sounding intresting and too i was looking for unswerered of ones i didnt write any responses in at all to see what help uprgrade me as a member on this site.

TimeFlipper

Latest update on Captain Tom Moore..

You might recall from my previous posting, that for Toms efforts in making the amazing amount of money for the NHS (nearly £40 million now), the Army gave him a special honorary award of Colonel...

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth has now bestowed Tom with a Knighthood, after receiving that request from the UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson... Tom now becomes, Sir Thomas Moore, honorary Colonel of the British Army....That is so wonderful for an extraordinary man, and for his family to cherish for the rest of their lives.

Tom was also given from the UK Guardian Newspaper, £1.5million to help produce a book about his life......There is no need to guess where that money will be going to, including the Royalty payments from the sales of it!! :)..