11:11

Phoenix

Originally posted by MadeYouLook@Jun 20 2004, 07:36 AM
it is paranoia
I think it can play a part in paranoia.

But I think the people who do experience these fixations will tell you there is much more to it than just thinking it will happen. Strange stuff gets caught up in it.

Also please be mindful of this aspect of these board rules.

http://www.timetravelforum.net/forums/inde...php?showtopic=4

A. Be careful when writing about intelligence, mental health, and moral integrity. Often the person talked about will become offended. Such remarks make them less willing to listen to what you have to say. Also it also shows that you are unwilling to consider what they have to say.
Doing A or B in an aggressive context is worthy of a warning.

August

You know this is all very interesting to me.

Since I was a child it seems I always look at the clock at 10:06 AM or PM. To scare the hell out of me, my brother told me back then that 10:06 would be the hour of my death. I guess his "suggestion" kind of made it special for me. Oh well.

BTW, I haven't checke out those websites, Hack, but,

John 11:11

He said this, and then told them, "Our friend Lazarus is asleep, but I am going to awaken him."

One could have all sorts of literary fun with this; "awaken" is always a blast, no?

HackimerRob

That's neat August. Any other interesting 11:11 references in the bible?

Joshua 11:11 They struck every person who was in it with the edge of the sword, utterly destroying them; there was no one left who breathed. And he burned Hazor with fire.

1 kings 11:11 So the LORD said to Solomon, "Because you have done this, and you have not kept My covenant and My statutes, which I have commanded you, I will surely tear the kingdom from you, and will give it to your servant.

2 kings 11:11 The guards stood each with his weapons in his hand, from the right side of the house to the left side of the house, by the altar and by the house, around the king.

JOB 11:11
"For (11) He knows false men,
And He (12) sees iniquity without investigating.

Proverbs 11:11
By the blessing of the upright a city is exalted,
But by the mouth of the wicked it is torn down. (THIS ONE IS WIERD TO ME -hack)

Jeremiah 11:11
Therefore thus says the LORD, "Behold I am bringing disaster on them which they will not be able to escape; though they will cry to Me, yet I will not listen to them.

Daniel 11:11 "The (14) king of the South will be enraged and go forth and fight with the king of the North. Then the latter will raise a great multitude, but that multitude will be given into the hand of the former.

Zechariah 11:11 So it was broken on that day, and [1] thus the (21) afflicted of the flock who were watching me realized that it was the word of the LORD.

Luke 11:11 "Now suppose one of you fathers is asked by his son for a fish; he will not give him a snake instead of a fish, will he?

So that's about all that seem, er...relevant. Mind I'm not a christian, or even a "God" believer, but this is ancient text of the highest esteem, and I place it on my shelves among Plato and the like. Some interesting stuff up there. I'll leave interpretation to the others.

August

Hack those are great. We should write the book--The 11:11 Bible (King Hack version)

The proverbs one creeps me as well--it is too, well, proverbial. :lol:

I was raised by nuns and all teaching Catholics avoid teaching the bible to kids--too much open to interpretation. They tell us the stories that fit their Papal agenda only. So by the time we get to college, we see the bible as neither God's direct word nor just history and poetry but a fear-of-nuns blending of the two. :huh: It is hard to explain. It might make one more open to conspiracy theories and sci-fi hoaxes...

I find it interesting that the "best" 11:11 excerpts come from the Old Testament.

Unintentional

Originally posted by Hackimer, Rob@Jun 18 2004, 08:27 PM
I believe the collective unconscious is the organizational force behind all the matter in the universe. ?

Matter is transient, it's a fact.
When you move something with your hand and arm, didn't you actually just do all that with your mind?
dilbert19940102.jpg

I thought this fit in with my title. :lol:

bluerosesmall.jpg

Time Travel Forum

Cornelia

Here comes the
But after three and a half days, by God's gift the breath of life again entered into them, and they rose up on their feet, and great dread and terror fell on those who watched them.

(Guess why in Italy we call it "Apocalypsee" instead of "Revelation"? :lol: )

August

Cornelia,

I completely forgot to check the book of the Apocalypse. :blink: Freaky.

It is an interesting coincidence that all the 11:11 quotes are "charged" in some way. A lot of the bible is filled with "boring" verses in comparison.

Klyla

This thread interests me too, since I have noticed ONLY in the past few months that I often see either 11:11 or 1:11 on the clock. It's not according to what I'm doing that causes me to see it (like it's the time I usually go to lunch or something)...it seems very very random.

I had a strong sense someone was sending me a message. In my own particular situation, I decided to interpret it as God sending me reminders to keep Him #1 in my life.

To each his own, I guess!
:rolleyes: